• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nowadays if you are a republican and have a Democrat jury I bet they would convict you just because of your political ideals.
    If you think that, do you think the opposite could be true? Given the rhetoric I see toward the left...

It'd be nice if some people on the left and right could just :chillpill: .

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Well, a good start would be stop calling everyone you disagree with a communist.
    Not trying to be confrontational, but the real communists are happy there are people who think like you do. They do not want to get along, they want to destroy your way of life. Better that you recognize the threat than insist on singing kum by yah.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    No. I’m just fascinated how some folks want to change the rules when things don’t go their way.

Well, when you make up an imaginary jury situation and then you make up an imaginary outcome and then you make up an imaginary response for other people including an imaginary quote from other people - you are definitely being a drama queen.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    In regards to the social media angle.

Lets just start with some hypotheses I have garnered from reading INGO posts

1. The MSM is a powerful outlet reaching large swaths of the population.
    2. The MSM has a bias against conservative values.
    3. The MSM downplays black on black crime.
    4. The MSM holds up white on black crime to a national audience.

Bases on those hypotheses, a conclusion could simply be that because white on black crime is more prominent the national voices are also more prominent and the narrative the general population hears is driven by the MSM.

That would be a very faulty conclusion.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not trying to be confrontational, but the real communists are happy there are people who think like you do. They do not want to get along, they want to destroy your way of life. Better that you recognize the threat than insist on singing kum by yah.
    I hate to see you when you are trying to be confrontational...

"The real communist" are few and far between, so labeling every liberal a communist just shows off one's penchant for hyperbole and own extreme partisanship.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If it was controlled by Zuckerberg no one would be able to watch it.
    OK, I'll be explicit: Do you have to be a Facebook user to watch that video? All I see if "Video Unavailable".

And, to a certain degree, as long as it's not too out there, Zuckerberg's happy to have it there so long as and consumers keep consuming his ads. His primary agenda is still about making $$$$.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I hate to see you when you are trying to be confrontational...

"The real communist" are few and far between, so labeling every liberal a communist just shows off one's penchant for hyperbole and own extreme partisanship.
    "Real communists"? Are you suggesting that those in non-leadership positions are merely useful idiots?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well its the justice system we've been using our entire lives years. The justice system you seem to want to use, only allows a specific class, determines guilt by asking the accused to recite the lords prayer and then when they do is immediately dismissed because the devil was helping them and they're found guilty of being a witch.

Not sure why you think thats a better method but ok.
    Well, the system you appear to wish to use, when trying something technically complicated like an aviation accident, would not seek out other pilots skilled in the complexity of aviation but would randomly select people from a pool who demonstrated no skill beyond maintaining a driver's license (isn't it racist, now, to require even that much ID?)

Then much of the trial is spent attempting a crash course for laymen in those complexities, which results in dueling 'experts' for whom the jurors lack the skillset to sort truth from appeal to authority. That, in turn, presents opportunity for all sorts of manipulation by both prosecution and defense to creep in. That Sol Wachter saying "... a grand jury would 'indict a ham sandwich,' if that's what you wanted." is widely accepted as a truism is more of a 'stain' on the system than pretend racism

I forget whether you're IT or not. If you are, and were being tried for mal- or misfeasance with massive financial liability, would you want Joe Sixpack on the jury or other IT professionals?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Scott was overturned in less that 12 years. Smith has been around since 1940, so it’s been running strong for 80+ years. It’s an unique legal argument though, one that would get you laughed out of a courtroom, but unique.
    So murdering the innocent has been SCOTUS approved for going on 50 years now. Are you saying length of precedent makes that a sound decision? Or is it really that a sound decision is one you happen to agree with

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom