• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I actually kinda feel sorry for the girl... He got her to wire him $500 via his mother. I think I opened her eyes to some things she suspected but didn't know (ie. breaking in the car). She said he used to be a great guy, but the drugs got the best of him and he's burning a lot of bridges now. She's reversing the money transfer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL! Nah, I don't think I'll do that. No new texts this morning and no sign of the owner of the phone.

Money on she has told the idiot that was in the car that you have his phone and he is worried and looking over his shoulder.
    If she stopped the money he has contacted her.....even money on that one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Money on she has told the idiot that was in the car that you have his phone and he is worried and looking over his shoulder.
    If she stopped the money he has contacted her.....even money on that one.

Possibly... or he may have forgotten where he lost it, depending on his mental condition at the time. From what I was able to tell from his sent texts, he just got the phone on Saturday (said he broke his old one and was sending his new number out to people). He hadn't even put any contacts in it yet. Another odd thing though... while I was texting with his girlfriend, she said she just heard from someone else that had "his phone". :n00b:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Okay now I'm really getting more suspicious. I just checked the sent messages folder, and someone sent a message FROM this phone at 12:35 a.m. this morning. Another one around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning. That one said, "This is Dusty's new number." I did a "reply to all" to that one and said, "I want to know who Dusty is and how his phone got in my *bleep* car!"

I can rig all the phones on my account to receive the same text messages, even tho they are different numbers. I dunno if the brand of your phone, or the carrier, can do that as well, but maybe the guy just acquired another phone on the same account?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ...and, it's been fun so far, but I would not have inserted myself into the discussion about whether she should send him $$ or not...not only would I not have the full (or honest) picture, even if I did people have suffered serious blowback for a lot less than $500. My two cents.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Be careful with getting carried away using up his data. He paid for it (presumably). You using it might be considered... unlawful.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can rig all the phones on my account to receive the same text messages, even tho they are different numbers. I dunno if the brand of your phone, or the carrier, can do that as well, but maybe the guy just acquired another phone on the same account?

It's possible, but this is a Verizon "pay as you go" phone, so I don't know if they have that feature or not.

As for inserting myself into the money discussion, I didn't. I just told her about finding his phone in our car (where he had no business being), and that's it. She made the decision to reverse the money transfer all on her own. Her comment was that it didn't surprise her that he was doing that sort of thing, and then she proceeded to tell me about his drug problems.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Be careful with getting carried away using up his data. He paid for it (presumably). You using it might be considered... unlawful.

I would laugh heartily in a judge's face that tried to tell me it was illegal for me to use his minutes/data on a phone that he left in OUR car when he had no permission to be in said car. Pretty sure no prosecutor would pursue that one, and I highly doubt some young junkie is going to take me to small claims court over a 5 dollar phone balance (that's how much was left on it judging from the messages that were sent by Verizon).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Several things... First, just because its in the sent folder, doesnt mean it physically came from that device. The car is probably secure. Otherwise, why would they send the message and then put it back? Why wouldnt they take it with them.

If its an email box, its setup on what is called an IMAP server. All of the data sits on the mail server is is sync'd with the devices connected to it. So if the owner sent the message from a computer or another device connected to the same email account, it would show up in the sent items of the phone you have.

I think its also possible if he is running a cloned SIM chip (lowlifes do things like that) its remotely possible the same message rules apply above. Not sure about that though.

And odds are the charger should be pretty universal. if it has this type of connector, you can probably charge it off your computer's USB port to continue the fun. :naughty:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaltrends-uploads-prod/2013/01/Sony-Xperia-ZL-Review-macro-micro-usb.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Several things... First, just because its in the sent folder, doesnt mean it physically came from that device. The car is probably secure. Otherwise, why would they send the message and then put it back? Why wouldnt they take it with them.

If its an email box, its setup on what is called an IMAP server. All of the data sits on the mail server is is sync'd with the devices connected to it. So if the owner sent the message from a computer or another device connected to the same email account, it would show up in the sent items of the phone you have.

I think its also possible if he is running a cloned SIM chip (lowlifes do things like that) its remotely possible the same message rules apply above. Not sure about that though.

And odds are the charger should be pretty universal. if it has this type of connector, you can probably charge it off your computer's USB port to continue the fun. :naughty:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaltrends-uploads-prod/2013/01/Sony-Xperia-ZL-Review-macro-micro-usb.jpg

As far as I can tell, these are just regular text messages. I suppose it's possible he has a cloned SIM card. The question remains though as to how HIS phone got in OUR car. DoggyMama may have left it unlocked, I don't know, and she wasn't sure. One thing that makes me think it might not be a cloned card is that he was sending texts to people to tell them that he had a new phone number. If it was a cloned card, the number wouldn't change, would it? Oh, and I had a charger... thought I might since I used to have a similar phone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Honestly, I have had my fun. I don't plan on continuing with the texting at this point. Yeah, I was pretty ticked off about the whole thing, but in the end, no harm, no foul. He's probably in his own little hell with the heroin addiction. Nothing I could do to him would be much worse than that.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If it's old enough, it probably doesn't have GPS. Burner Phone / Bad Guy Phone, IMO...

Not true that every person with a burner phone is a bad guy... I was working a response for work in the mountains and no one could get verizon service but ATT worked so we bought a bunch of burner phones. Learned a few things when we sent someone to buy them- at least where we went in West Virginia you couldn't buy more than 2 at a time. Once he paid for 4 burner phones at 3am his card had a freeze put on it until he called to set it straight. We ended up with a few of them

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not true that every person with a burner phone is a bad guy... I was working a response for work in the mountains and no one could get verizon service but ATT worked so we bought a bunch of burner phones. Learned a few things when we sent someone to buy them- at least where we went in West Virginia you couldn't buy more than 2 at a time. Once he paid for 4 burner phones at 3am his card had a freeze put on it until he called to set it straight. We ended up with a few of them

Thank you Patriot Act. :rolleyes: That's because they don't want people setting off bombs with them.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My old prepaid phone would add minutes and (a disproportionate amount of) days at the same time. Once i got a new phone my old one still had (has) plenty of minutes and service through 2019 lol...its charged (once a month or so) and lives in the BoB...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sell it as an add on to the car. Buy the car, get a free phone.

Guiness-Brilliant-1.jpg

Top Bottom