Fort Wayne gunstore is gonna need some help!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    As some of you already know Rangers gunstore has recently moved. As life does sometimes there have been curveballs thrown at him that weren't expected. The owners of the new building he is in told him the zoning won't be a problem for a gunstore at their location. Turns out they were not correct and he'll have to wait 60 days for that variance to clear, then another 30 for the FFL to get updated. Basically for the next approximately 90 days this guy is only going to be making a living on the accessories he has in his store to sell. He had that look in his eyes of life & death seriousness and I think we as gun owners and users need to do whatever we can to support him in the next couple months. It's not just a gunstore, it a guy trying to make and he's getting hosed by the speed & efficiency of government. I like trying to help small business, but he especially needs help. If you need parts or whatever give him some serious consideration. We don't need another gun store going out of business.

I have no financial stake in the well being of this business, but I do have an interest in keeping gun stores in my town. I would like to think this is something we would consider for any gunstore in our town (exception being gander mountain, just kidding.... mostly).

Lets throw the guy a bone if we can. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not close to that area, but is there any chance he would consider coming to the 1500? I don't know the vendor cost, but couldn't he sell guns there? Just a thought.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Off of Getz road in Fort Wayne. It's in a small strip mall and there's a guitar store next door.

It's also less than 5 minutes away from what's called the Automall part of Fort Wayne.

I'll try to post some pictures with labels later. I just hate to see a good guys business or livlihood go down if it's avoidable.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ranger Supply Co.

From what I have seen, he has the best selection of AR accessories in Fort Wayne. Back up sights, tactical charging handle latches, pistol grips, rails, and all the stuff we all seem to think we need for our AR's. I'm taking a gun in on Monday night and I hope to get it setup with a few upgrades.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I have not looked, but if he is an INGO supporter, will contact him and try to buy something off of him. Otherwise, well, I know he is facing a money crunch, but if he/you want us to support him, he needs to step up and then I know or at least feel more assured this is not a gimmick for a guy trying to unload a bunch of stuff he has accumulated legally or otherwise. And before you jump down my throat, I am not accusing you of any wrong doing, just trying to protect the few coins I have rattling around in my pockets.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    That is an EXCELLENT store. I've been in there several times, and it's a very welcoming atmosphere. I'd hate to see him go out of business, and if I had ANY extra money I'd make my way over there.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not going to jump down anyone's throat for not supporting him/his store. I completely understand being frugal and thrifty.

I asked him once if he was an INGO supporter and I don't think he is. Probably has a lot to do with him being a new company (short on capital) and INGO being a fairly new website. I know he expressed an interest in supporting INGO, but now he's in a severe financial crunch with his company in trouble. I don't blaim you for wanting to support the INGO supporters, but I don't see why you'd use that as a limiting factor. Maybe if he's shown how word getting out on INGO can help his business then he'll be more inclined to support it. I love INGO, but maybe we could be a little more proactive on helping gun stores rather than the other way around. I don't think it's unreasonable to be on the front end of offering support. We're gun people, and we need to look out for each other and each others rights. Otherwise we're just another web forum with guys yacking about their favorite guns. I expect better out of hoosiers.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Ranger Supply Co.

From what I have seen, he has the best selection of AR accessories in Fort Wayne. Back up sights, tactical charging handle latches, pistol grips, rails, and all the stuff we all seem to think we need for our AR's. I'm taking a gun in on Monday night and I hope to get it setup with a few upgrades.

I would buy an AR upper off of him if he has any in stock. I was in his old store a few times and only saw a few accessories, it was mostly guns from what I remember. Besides AR accessories what else do they have?

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    whats the name of the place? I am looking at finishing my AR build

He has a excellent supply of parts and if he does not have it he can get it within the week.

What about reloading supplies, does he carry a good selection.

Im not sure of what he has in stock if any, I however am pretty sure he can get it to ya.

I have dealt with Russ before and he has excellent customer service, he wont try to sell you anything you DONT need. If you have questions he is more than willing to help, if you know exactly what ya want he will sell it to ya.

His location is not updated on google yet but I have posted a link to B Sharp and he is right next door.

Google Maps

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What about reloading supplies, does he carry a good selection.

Last I knew, he did not. That will be one of the first things I ask him about when I drop in next time to see him. He has always told me to let him know what I needed. He always claimed he had a source for primers and such and he could compete with anyone in the area on price.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would buy an AR upper off of him if he has any in stock. I was in his old store a few times and only saw a few accessories, it was mostly guns from what I remember. Besides AR accessories what else do they have?

Small selection of ammo ( mostly self defense ammo), good holster selection, tactical lights, AR accesories, knifes, assorted misc parts, magazines, tactical bacon !

Maybe someone that frequents the store more than I do will know better... But I always thought he was smaller and most of what I bought from him was things he ordered. I never bought a gun from him that he didn't have to order. He always seemed more than willing to order whatever it was I needed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    As far as reloading supplies go, I don't think he carrys anything. At least I've never seen anything. I don't know if you need an FFL to sell that stuff or not. He carries some of the tactical gear like vests, bags, pouches, and stuff like that more than anyone else in town. He has some pocket knives, fixed blades, MRE's and other stuff.

If I had to guess, he's going to be getting into all the non firearms products more than ever to help his business survive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom