• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You can like Glocks and 1911/other guns... Don't feel bad, just love 'em all! It's just more fun that way!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If a glock, is perfection out of the box, then why are there so many "glock drs" out there ?????

Because there are lots of glocks out there and people like to customize their guns, whether they "need" customization or not.

Myself, I put trijicon HDs on my 19 and a few thousand rounds later, have no plans on changing anything else from stock.

As soon as I find a better all around edc, I'll switch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because there are lots of glocks out there and people like to customize their guns, whether they "need" customization or not.

Myself, I put trijicon HDs on my 19 and a few thousand rounds later, have no plans on changing anything else from stock.

As soon as I find a better all around edc, I'll switch.

Better.......Hard to say.

Prettier.....Well, maybe.....:)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I too have fell to the dark side. Simply couldn't resist any longer. Too many positives. I actually dumped all non Glock pistols in my collection. My only regret is not doing it years ago. Perfection!

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I love to read these posts by those that love the Glock as being the one and only and those that do not believe that. I personally am not a fan, but will give the Glock it's due respect. Glock would not sell so many guns if they were not good. I have tried to be a Glock fanboy many times over the last 20 years, but sadly they just do not fit me. I do not care for the ergonomics. My favorite is the H&K VP9. I can shoot that pistol more accurately than any other that I have and that is all that matters.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Having owned 4 Glocks over the years, I finally fully walked away from the dark side last year when I let the last go. Got a nice healthy dose of DA revolveritis now.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    That's what my Colt whispers to me everytime we see a Kimber... :):

Sorry DD, no 1911 made today, today being the key word, makes a 1911 from Browning's original design that was sold to Colt. They're pretty, artistic, with a lot of parts (much more than a Glock), but clones one and all. No offense intended or implied.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A rented G19 was the first handgun I fired. I shot it fairly well for a first time, but it just didn't feel right in my hands.

To each his (or her!) own, but for me, the Glock was not a good "fit".

Four years ago, I bought my first 1911, a RIA, and straight out of the. box, it was a thing of beauty. I'm not referring to the aesthetics of it, though it was an attractive gun, but the recoil was well-managed, it fit my hand, and it was all around, the right gun for me.

If you like Glocks, more power to you. May yours never kaboom in your hand.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Welcome to the world of reliable, inexpensive, accurate, dependable, simple, and highly customize-able handguns... :bacondance:
    :+1:
    They don't fit my hand the best, but they have never let me down, and I've owned quite a few. I just picked up another over the weekend. I stumbled upon a great deal on a Grey 17 Gen 4 with Trijicon HD night sights and couldn't resist. I have done a few recent run and gun courses with some friends and performed better with my Glock 26 than my other guns. I cut my teeth on them and I'm realizing I need to get back to what works for me instead of what works for others, the internet has not helped in that area at all.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm not a Glock fan, but definitely not a hater either. My first-ever gun purchase was a G4 G17. As a new shooter, it was a really solid choice, I think. As I started shooting, trying out what others brought to the range, and learned more, I realized that the grip angle of the G3 fit my natural point of aim better than the G4 models. And I discovered I liked all kinds of other makes and models.

For polymers, I have found that the XDm line works best for me. I have one polymer left in my smallish stash, being an XDm bitone compact, that I don't see ever letting go of... it's my fall/winter/early spring carry piece (j-frame in the late spring/summer). Everything else I have is steel as I got into CZ pistols and revolvers.

Truly, I think the important thing here is that regardless of all these "Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge" comments, we're willing to defend ourselves, and our loved ones, with what works. And what works best for each of us is a personal choice.

While I doubt I'll ever have a Glock again, and it's been a few years since I owned or even held one, I recently field stripped one with my eyes shut. There's an elegance in Glock simplicity, which IMO adds to their reputation for remarkable reliability.

Top Bottom