• ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I tried to love the Glocks, but alas it was just not in the cards for me. Like Lil Bob, I am loving my HK VP9, and when I go to the range with my Glock buddy, I find that I just prefer other guns. Nothing against Glock, they are a reliable accurate handgun in the right hands. Just not mine.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

abc_abc_swaggart_apology_100218_wg.jpg

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    You mean your wife said no three times?
    I was wrong a lot when I was married too...........:(
    Nope, My wife could care less what I buy. It just took me three tries to finally figure out that ugly ass pistol didn't fit my hand or shoot as nice as a 1911.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to hate the things and have now come to appreciate the role they play in the gun world. There are currently 5 in the safe and while they will never be my absolute favorites, they do the job they were designed for quite well.

I think they are pretty darned amazing, especially in simplicity and durability/longevity. However, I'm not sure how to determine the best. It depends on the criteria and what works best for someone might not for another.

I don't get the grip angle issue, though. I can transition back and forth between my G19 and 1911 and it doesn't cause me any issues. I barely notice it.

The simplicity of the platform is what I like about them. It's about a simple a platform as you can find apart from an adle-adle. Even the shape is brutally simple.

It is just the differences in the people using the gun. I can shoot about anything accurately with just a bit of warm up changing platforms.
    I go from 1911's to CZ's and it does take a mag to warm up to the CZ's. Once there no worries.

There is a marked difference in the Glock grip angle at least for me. Everyone is different.

It's not so much, the grip angle that I think throws people off, it's how high your hand is on the grip. It's so high, that you have to angle your index finger down to reach the trigger. I've taken to using a grip-force adapter on my G23 to help the Glock point a bit more like my 1911s. That pushed your hand down the grip a bit to position it more like it is on the 1911 or other pistols that have a higher bore axis.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to hate the things and have now come to appreciate the role they play in the gun world. There are currently 5 in the safe and while they will never be my absolute favorites, they do the job they were designed for quite well.

The simplicity of the platform is what I like about them. It's about a simple a platform as you can find apart from an adle-adle. Even the shape is brutally simple.

It's not so much, the grip angle that I think throws people off, it's how high your hand is on the grip. It's so high, that you have to angle your index finger down to reach the trigger. I've taken to using a grip-force adapter on my G23 to help the Glock point a bit more like my 1911s. That pushed your hand down the grip a bit to position it more like it is on the 1911 or other pistols that have a higher bore axis.

Makes sense.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I'd love to try the grip force adapter.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    "Grip Force Adapter". Sounds like either a super hero or a WWE wrestler!!! :rockwoot:

Say it with me in a deep announcer voice: "Ladies and Gentlemen. Please welcome to the center stage... GRIP FORRRRRCE ADAPTEEEERRRRRRR." :bowdown:

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You have began your journey to the dark side grasshopper, do not resist, as it is futile. Come grasshopper, embrace the true meaning of shooting bliss.

Star Wars, Kung FU and the Borg collective in one post.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    It is what it is, my Uncle Sam introduced me to the 1911 family (Colt/Rand/Ithaca) a long time ago, was a time my Colt Combat Commander was all that and a box of Ho Ho's.
    Then came the Smith & Wesson gun of the month club and I had a 39/59/459/659/5903/5906, as well as revolver models 36/37/19/66/686/29 and 629.
    Many a this and that (PPK/s, Diamondback) etc, etc along the wayside, over the years, up to a Sig 226. But back in the 80's I was shown and fired my first Glock a G-17, and it was OK, but hey I had a Colt Combat Commander, and an Officers model, so life was good.

Then on a whim I got a Glock-19, and the 17/19/22/23/26/27/30s/43 followed, I trained at the Academy with a G-22 and carried it and a G-27 spare, however I have come down the road to the G-27 EDC, and if I could only have one, it would be my G-23.

I got the G-19 out last night by the way, and said, "Buddy we have got to go out to the range here soon", hopefully soon.

So end of story, lots of guns out there, be glad you live in a Free State, while we are still free as a country, as you might need your "whatever suits you best someday".

Glocks are not for everyone, kinda like the car market, but hey, my life and those I protect , rely upon a Glock (22/23/27) series, only the best for this kid!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks CM
    Yes I have embraced the dream of owning Glocks and a nice 1911.
    Probably going to be a CZ in the near future too.

The three play nicely together. If you carry the CZ at the half-cock notch, the pull is very similar in length and weight to a Glock trigger pull, just a lot smoother. A CZ is the perfect bridge between the 1911 and Glock world.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I embraced the dark side long ago in the early 90's. I have owned and / or carried models from just about every major manufacturer out there and have come back to Glock every time. Glocks are not for everyone, but they are great, reliable guns.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I liked the trigger (even though it felt light). My only issues with the gun were
    1.) That if felt light, that being said it still handled the recoil well
    2.) The safety being in the trigger itself
    3.) That my grip on the G19 had me riding the slide release a lot - but I know that this is user related

To make up for it I shot the Shield after, but I still kept thinking that I was doing better with the Glock.

g19_zps0iihf8wd.jpg

First 50 with the Glock. The two fliers were getting used to the trigger and adjusting my grip. Quite a few of the rounds shared the same hole so not terrible for my first time shooting it. Still, the 1911 hit the X for me the first time I ever shot it :D

**edit**
    One of the people I was with did manage to stovepipe it within two magazines, but outside of that (the guy had never shot a gun before) it was flawless.
    Are those powder burns I see on the target?:dunno:

Top Bottom