• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I only OC around the lake cottage and home in woods most the time. Then again all the neighbors all know I carry and seem Ok with it. Every where else I carry concealed to not scare people or attract attention.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I normally closed carry. If someone is going to rob the place I'm in and they're desparate enough they'll shoot the person with the gun first. I can act scared and innocent, until they turn around, I'll pull it out when they aren't looking at me.

Please provide evidence of even one incident of this happening to a private citizen.

Good luck (it hasn't happened).

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I OC if I don't want to bother with covering up the firearm. I don't believe if I walked into a robbery that they would shot me just because. I have walked into a robbery when I was on the PD. they didn't shot me, they ran. I was in plain cloths no badge showing. Never saw the guy untill I heard the back door slam shut.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I've never heard it called "closed carry", just "concealed carry". Learn something new every day.

I OC sometimes, just depends on my mood, or if I'm wearing a lot of clothes, or if I just feel like switching it up.

Why not though... the opposite of open is closed :)

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Ya know, that's an interesting thought. Concealed sounds nefarious. It actually opens the door for negative connotations.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ya know, that's an interesting thought. Concealed sounds nefarious. It actually opens the door for negative connotations.

This may be apocryphal and I have no attribution, but I seem to remember reading a story about how CCW permits were originally required specifically because carrying concealed implied nefarious intent. Open carry was expected and you weren't required to be licensed to do so, and you had to have a legitimate purpose to conceal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    This may be apocryphal and I have no attribution, but I seem to remember reading a story about how CCW permits were originally required specifically because carrying concealed implied nefarious intent. Open carry was expected and you weren't required to be licensed to do so, and you had to have a legitimate purpose to conceal.

This is the type of thing I refer to when CCer take the opportunity to speaker poorly of those who choose to OC. It's not that OCers can't speak out against CC, we just choose not to. The arguments exist.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

A few states still want you to have a 'legitimate' purpose to conceal, but are fine with open carry.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Please provide evidence of even one incident of this happening to a private citizen.

Good luck (it hasn't happened).

Common sense dictates that a robber went to rob someone, they would shoot the guy with a gun first. This is where I think the myth of OC being unsafe began. However, this is easily rebutted because a robber would probably just walk on seeing someone has a gun. But when people get desperate they do get stupid.

I agree that open carry should be the way and I see no real advantage to CC. That being said, I always CC.

Top Bottom