• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Being 24 years old, open carry is pretty much dangerous for me. I think I would draw alot of bad attention and be more trouble than its worth. However, if I were older I would carry once in awhile just to show my support for our god given right.
    I'm 20, and live in the People's Republic of Bloomington :)

Do you have factual information to support your assertion (which I highlighted in red above)?

The comment is demonstratably false, including in Bloomington.

Whoah there Rhino, we're not about using facts and experiences, it's about feelings and telling people to fear it...sound familiar?

I think we'd get along real well Rhino, hopefully we'll get to meet and an INGO meet sometime :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think we'd get along real well Rhino, hopefully we'll get to meet and an INGO meet sometime :rockwoot:

Coach, notasccrmom, EatMeerkats, and hopefully bwframe, soundslikejosh, a few others and I will all be at the USPSA pistol match at South Central on Sunday, 07DEC08. At least some of us will probably stop for lunch in Bloomington afterward. You should join us for both!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Coach, notasccrmom, EatMeerkats, and hopefully bwframe, soundslikejosh, a few others and I will all be at the USPSA pistol match at South Central on Sunday, 07DEC08. At least some of us will probably stop for lunch in Bloomington afterward. You should join us for both!

I dunno Nate, pretty rough crowd to be hanging out with?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I dunno Nate, pretty rough crowd to be hanging out with?

IDK, kinda tough to hang with the big boys :):

I have, starting Monday, a project that ends this semester that takes 10 days to produce a 120 page report. I will be real busy, and I'm pretty sure I won't have the time :noway:

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Being 24 years old, open carry is pretty much dangerous for me. I think I would draw alot of bad attention and be more trouble than its worth. However, if I were older I would carry once in awhile just to show my support for our god given right.
    I'm with nate on this. I'm 22 and I OC depending on how i roll out of bed and I've NEVER had an issue.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I've CC'ed for years but I've only OC'ed once, and that was to an OC lunch. I'm not sure I"ll ever do it again. Honestly, the whole prospect of OC terrifies me... I'm not sure why.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's because you're ashamed. On some level, you think you're doing something wrong.

Unfortunately our modern society has put that error into almost all of us. Whether or not you choose to carry openly is your business, but think about why it bothers you so much. You may reach some interesting conclusions.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not worried about being the first target. I think that's a myth perpetuated by anti's (either anti-gun or anti-OC). I just don't want to be hassled by The Man.

That said, I do OC from time to time.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It's because you're ashamed. On some level, you think you're doing something wrong.

Unfortunately our modern society has put that error into almost all of us. Whether or not you choose to carry openly is your business, but think about why it bothers you so much. You may reach some interesting conclusions.

I must admit that this resonates with me. Growing up in Southern California almost molded me to think that owning a gun is a gift from the government. When I was in college and still living in CA, I never would've imagined I'd be carrying a firearm every day unless I was in law enforcement. There is a lot of truth in your post Rhino.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    As I have gotten older one thing I have learned is an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I only CC.. What I find works best for me is to be anonymous. I have no wish to draw attention to my presents. I only OC in the field or if I am entering a situation that is dangerous where its likely I will have to use my weapon. And incidently those are situations I avoid intently. I have absolutly zero tollerance for idiocy or bull$#it. And I have little confidence in the sheeples abiliy for reasonable intelligent thought. CC is the right choice for me.. To each his own...

If an ounce of prevention is superior, wouldn't you OC? No offense meant, but that seems backward to me. It seems that OC is the deterent, whereas CC is the reaction to a crime already in progress. I do not belittle your choice, I just don't follow how your choice is supported by your anecdote.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If an ounce of prevention is superior, wouldn't you OC? ...

That's the way I see it. If they see you have the cure, they tend to take their disease elsewhere. My primary goal is to live and come home to my family. Being prepared to stop crimes in progress is not my chief goal but somewhat lower on the list.

I echo the sentiment to each their own. I just like to hear and compare the reasons.:)

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I CC approximatley 90% of the time. I sometimes go to areas where I hit level orange when I get out of the car. I carry a lot of expensive equipment with me for work, and don't feel like getting robbed. I work alone in those areas. That is the only time I OC.

dmonday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Plainfield
    I normally closed carry. If someone is going to rob the place I'm in and they're desparate enough they'll shoot the person with the gun first. I can act scared and innocent, until they turn around, I'll pull it out when they aren't looking at me.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    The only time I ever open carry is while bow hunting during deer season. Otherwise I carry concealed. I think it's kind of funny the way people react to seeing a gun on someones hip thats not wearing a badge or uniform though.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I conceal most of the time. I run my business, and I would NOT want to scare off any potential customers.
    I also C.C. alot because I just may frequent a place that one of those signs on the front door that looks like the ghostbusters logo with a gun in the middle of it. (I have no idea what that sign means but I ALWAYS C.C. in those places) (You just never be too careful ya know);)
    That said I DO O.C. at work when it is late. Also I O.C. when ever I can because I like to. I feel that any right not used is a right soon deprived.
    I O.C. whenever I don't have a tight schedule because if somebody stops me to talk guns or "why" I always like to take time to have a friendly conversation with them. and IF it happens to be the police department that wants to have a friendly conversation about guns (which has never happenned yet) I will be open to that as well. ;)

Top Bottom