• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

These right here! I had the same issue with the earmuffs. The Howard Leight Impact Sport work really well but after a while they just punish your head and are like a vice if you have some extended shooting time. I bought these and have been to the range 3 times using them and so far they are fantastic! We have new pistol bays that are 15 yards deep and 25' wide, enclosed on both sides with huge concrete blocks which really bounce the sound around inside. These plugs have worked perfectly during the sessions I've had and while they may not be perfect they are now my go to hearing protection.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I guess someone has to say it................suppressors

With that being said....I like plain Jane ear plugs. The rubber ones with a string connecting them don't work bad either

I have a set that were molded to my ears that work great, but the string can rub and create a vibration noise which is odd sounding. That being said I need to look for those things

Or a nice multi-port brake. That'll make some friends... :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But it makes the liberal transplants down the road mad when We exercise our 2nd amendment rights.

I guess someone has to say it................suppressors

With that being said....I like plain Jane ear plugs. The rubber ones with a string connecting them don't work bad either

I have a set that were molded to my ears that work great, but the string can rub and create a vibration noise which is odd sounding. That being said I need to look for those things

You kept me from saying it. Suppressors for the win! :cool:

Or a nice multi-port brake. That'll make some friends... :):

My first thought was supressors then saw your second post so thst's out, but he break sounds nice.

I got some purple foam ones from walgreens pharmacy aisle thar are rated at NRR of 33dB. If they are inserted properly per the video they will be comfortable and stat put.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On an only slightly related note, I found these trying to research the diff between all the different versions of the EPs. Cant wait to try them.

EARLOCKS

No, its not protection. But I cant wear these new style earbuds from Apple because they dont stay in my ear firmly. Heck, the older round ones barely did, so I would stick them in with the cord up and wrap the cord over and behind my ear. Actually worked OK. And under earmuffs (for doing yard work, not shooting) they were rock solid. That trick doesnt work with the new style earbuds.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    If hearing is a priority, then I recommend doubling up. You can use in-ear plugs (foam, fitted, EPs, whatever) plus the headset type. Make the headsets electronic and it can help to cut down noise, but still amplify smaller sounds like speech so that you can still hear instruction/conversation.

Sorry, don't know of any headsets that are cool. The seal required over the ears makes them hold in the air.

If you use foam earplugs, they can be very effective, but many don't know how to use them properly. The following video is well worth the time to save your hearing.
    [video=youtube_share;8vHP8K3BsrA]http://youtu.be/8vHP8K3BsrA[/video]

This good info, I had no idea before. My Left ear always fit nice and tight, but could never get the right one (the one closest to the rifle) to fit well. Pulling on the ear trick is most welcome help for this.

Top Bottom