For LEO'S in home defence shooting, do they take the gun or all your guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That sounds an aweful lot like further evasion of my question. What is to stop a motivated, regardless of the origin of said motivation, LEO from confiscating every firearm in the house when a home owner is involved in, even a manifestly justified, home-defense shooting?

The fact that not all of us are corrupt, gun-owner-hating, law-breaking *******s that certain people always seem to make us out to be.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The fact that not all of us are corrupt, gun-owner-hating, law-breaking *******s that certain people always seem to make us out to be.
    So, you're saying the only thing that stands between a home-owner involved in a righteous home-defense shooting and having all of his firearms confiscated indefinitely by a LEO— is probability? Probability that that LEO is not a skel with a badge? You'll have to forgive me if I take no solace in that fact.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So, you're saying the only thing that stands between a home-owner involved in a righteous home-defense shooting and having all of his firearms confiscated indefinitely by a LEO— is probability? Probability that that LEO is not a skel with a badge? You'll have to forgive me if I take no solace in that fact.

It bothers me not what solace you do or don't take. I can't help that you have been wronged by the police and therefore assume that the rest of us are the same. I can't speak for any officer other than myself other than a belief that they will do what is right and lawful.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    In deference to the cops that have posted on this thread: If a cop feels justified in doing it, he or she will find probable cause to pretty much to do anything they want. There aren't a lot of people that are going to be able to stop them either.

There aren't a lot of cops that are Nazi-wannabees, but there are enough around to cause a lot of people to remain suspicious of their motives and actions.

Top Bottom