For LEO'S in home defence shooting, do they take the gun or all your guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And what if the home owner/self-defense shooter was a bully in high school and one of his victims was the cop who responded to his 911 call? If the cop just didn't like the home owner or wanted to be a prick about it, what, if anything, would stop the cop from backing a tow truck up to his victim's gun safe and carting the innocent home owner's entire gun collection off to the evidence locker?

I thought only cops were bullies in high school? Never thought about an "innocent gun owner" being one. :dunno:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hell frank, You guys will rummage through a guy's SKELETAL SYSTEM...... What's special about riffling through a few cabinets after JACKBOOTING a perp for a while?
    (lets see if we can get him going.....)

Jackbooting makes me tired. I don't always have the energy to rifle through someone's cabinets when I'm done putting the boots to an innocent.

Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    so what if the gun that was used isn't crystal clear when they are conducting the investigation?....

Let's say there were multiple bad guys and one or two were armed with different weapons. They fire, you fire, you win and the guys with guns run off and leave their ventilated buddy behind...Now there are casings from multiple calibers lying around...You give the LEOs the 9mm you shot with but they don't know for sure where the other casings came from and obviously wouldn't be able to tell what the dead guy was shot with until an autopsy.

Would they then look for and take any firearms you have in those calibers in your home?

You're looking way to far into this.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought only cops were bullies in high school? Never thought about an "innocent gun owner" being one. :dunno:
    Okay, let's say the innocent self-defender was a former victim of the bully cop, and the urge to pick up where they left off after his last boy's room atomic wedgie of the home-owner is irresistable... What's to keep the bully cop from just confiscating every firearm he lays his eyes on in his victim's house and then torturing him until he gives up the location of all of the firearms not immediately visible and confiscating those too?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Okay, let's say the innocent self-defender was a former victim of the bully cop, and the urge to pick up where they left off after his last boy's room atomic wedgie of the home-owner is irresistable... What's to keep the bully cop from just confiscating every firearm he lays his eyes on in his victim's house and then torturing him until he gives up the location of all of the firearms not immediately visible and confiscating those too?

I think you're twisting the original question into something to fit an agenda.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Jackbooting makes me tired. I don't always have the energy to rifle through someone's cabinets when I'm done putting the boots to an innocent.

Frank, you need to get some really high-quality Italian leather boots. So long as they have good hard soles, they will work just fine, and you won't get tired so quickly in nice comfortable boots. :D

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Was gonna post somethin' serious, but something else intervened.

:laugh: That means you'll be put on twice-a-day PT until your curb-stomping skills are finely honed to an effortless art.

... What's to keep the bully cop from just confiscating every firearm he lays his eyes on in his victim's house and then torturing him until he gives up the location of all of the firearms not immediately visible and confiscating those too?
    :lmfao: "Torturing". Now we're really gettin' into "fun" territory.

Frank, you need to get some really high-quality Italian leather boots. So long as they have good hard soles, they will work just fine, and you won't get tired so quickly in nice comfortable boots. :D
    Nice recommendation for comfort and style, but jackboots aren't real jackboots unless they're ...

I kinda pictured handcrafted German boots...........
    Für den Sieg!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I recommend painting the faces of Ron Paul and Alex Jones on the soles of jackboots. I believe the irony of seeing those images on a face, forever, is the sweet, sweet candy that can get one through a shift.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013

What if the homeowner insists he was attacked by sandpeople, but the blast marks on his vinyl siding are far too precise for sandpeople? What then?

:)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you're twisting the original question into something to fit an agenda.
    That sounds an aweful lot like further evasion of my question. What is to stop a motivated, regardless of the origin of said motivation, LEO from confiscating every firearm in the house when a home owner is involved in, even a manifestly justified, home-defense shooting?

What if the homeowner insists he was attacked by sandpeople, but the blast marks on his vinyl siding are far too precise for sandpeople? What then?

:)
    I suggest he call his parents/guardians before visitting them out of the blue. Could save years of therapy.

Top Bottom