• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Marriage isn't in the constitution at all.

Exactly my point. Don't tell me conservatives should embrace homosexual marriage so liberals will respect 2A, which is actually in the Constitution.

Liberals need to start respecting constitutional rights before they demand others respect their personal preferences.

Your premise is absurd.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Exactly my point. Don't tell me conservatives should embrace homosexual marriage so liberals will respect 2A, which is actually in the Constitution.

Liberals need to start respecting constitutional rights before they demand others respect their personal preferences.

Your premise is absurd.

Do you have the right to be married to your wife?

I'm for getting the government out of others business even if they don't return the favor.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Do you have the right to be married to your wife?

I'm for getting the government out of others business even if they don't return the favor.

Not in the constitution, therefore, it's left to the "several states", cf 10A, but I do have a right to keep and bear arms.

Your whole attitude is again, why I'll point out that modern libertarianism is a joke, a caricature of real libertarianism. Your brand is more like liberaltarianism. You demand freedom without responsibility.

Here's why - your pious defense of homosexual marriage is a red herring. As you point out, and rightly so, there's nothing in the constitution about it. Therefore, it's left to the states to regulate, which they do.

In case you haven't noticed, several states allow homosexual marriage. What you're advocating on the other hand, Federal regulation forcing homosexual "rights" on individual states, is exactly what you're claiming to be against.

Having the Federal government force your morality on the rest of us isn't very Libertarian, and the fact that you'd trade your 2A rights for homosexual rights shows your apathy toward true constitutional rights and freedom.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Not in the constitution, therefore, it's left to the "several states", cf 10A, but I do have a right to keep and bear arms.

Your whole attitude is again, why I'll point out that modern libertarianism is a joke, a caricature of real libertarianism. Your brand is more like liberaltarianism. You demand freedom without responsibility.

Here's why - your pious defense of homosexual marriage is a red herring. As you point out, and rightly so, there's nothing in the constitution about it. Therefore, it's left to the states to regulate, which they do.

In case you haven't noticed, several states allow homosexual marriage. What you're advocating on the other hand, Federal regulation forcing homosexual "rights" on individual states, is exactly what you're claiming to be against.

Having the Federal government force your morality on the rest of us isn't very Libertarian, and the fact that you'd trade your 2A rights for homosexual rights shows your apathy toward true constitutional rights and freedom.

I've advocated here many times in the past that I want zero government involvement in marriage. Your relationship should be between you, your partner, and your deity if you have one. That is my libertarian stance. Many all across the political spectrum are apathetic about rights that don't concern them. Why would they defend them if they feel you are working to hinder them? Is there not a large segment of conservatives who want a federal constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage?

So you won't begrudge me if I seek a federal constitutional heterosexual marriage ban?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm still trying to figure out how staying out of another's relationship business makes against responsibility.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I find there are two types of liberals, the kind that are bat **** crazy and want the government to run everything, and the kind that simply want to make sure everyone in America is taken care of if they work hard for it or not.

IMO we could use more of the second type on the side of gun owners

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I've advocated here many times in the past that I want zero government involvement in marriage. Your relationship should be between you, your partner, and your deity if you have one. That is my libertarian stance. Many all across the political spectrum are apathetic about rights that don't concern them. Why would they defend them if they feel you are working to hinder them? Is there not a large segment of conservatives who want a federal constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage?

So you won't begrudge me if I seek a federal constitutional heterosexual marriage ban?

Again, you're arguing from both sides of the fence. If you want zero government involvement in marriage, then don't demand we trade our 2A rights for homosexual "rights".

You're holding up something that isn't a right, and demanding that we respect it as if it were. You're trying to force your version of morality on the rest of us, and that's not libertarian.

As to the constitutional amendment, that's how our government works, so if you can get 2/3rds of Congress and 38 states to agree to a hetrosexual marriage ban, then best of luck, I won't stand in your way.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    On the issue of Marriage, Marriage is 100% up the the state, it is written in the constitution. The state of Indiana allowed me to marry my wife shouldnt every other state make their own decision on gay marriage as they did traditional marriage?

The guns is a no brainer it is written clear as day in the constitution

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again, you're arguing from both sides of the fence. If you want zero government involvement in marriage, then don't demand we trade our 2A rights for homosexual "rights".

You're holding up something that isn't a right, and demanding that we respect it as if it were. You're trying to force your version of morality on the rest of us, and that's not libertarian.

As to the constitutional amendment, that's how our government works, so if you can get 2/3rds of Congress and 38 states to agree to a hetrosexual marriage ban, then best of luck, I won't stand in your way.

Where have I advocated trading 2a rights for homosexual rights. Can one not be an advocate of both? Why would a homosexual who is indifferent about 2a advocate for me if I'm actively seeking to limit his rights? Why can't advocates of various interests work together to defeat the one goal they have in common? Getting the government of of our lives. I'm personally against homosexuality and it ends at my decision to partake or not. I have no right to tell others what they can and can't do in their bedroom so long as they're not violating my property rights.

Or we can continue to alienate groups like video gamers by throwing their passion under the bus to deflect the blame from us. We all need to stand together against government intrusion in our lives. Else, we'll never have the strength in numbers to maintain our liberties.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    yellowsnowsmiley.gif

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Where have I advocated trading 2a rights for homosexual rights. Can one not be an advocate of both? Why would a homosexual who is indifferent about 2a advocate for me if I'm actively seeking to limit his rights?

What homosexual rights are people seeking to limit? I keep hearing that, but haven't seen an explanation yet.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah, that's the kind of gun owner we don't need.

There are plenty of people on here that have said they'd be for "common sense" gun control and that they didn't care about things like AK clones or ARs because they don't own them or want them. These are people that supposedly are conservatives that believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Where else do rights come from?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It seems that the founders felt that our rights weren't whatever they felt benevolent enough to give us.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    What homosexual rights are people seeking to limit? I keep hearing that, but haven't seen an explanation yet.

Okay, so the Constitution specifically states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed..."

So taking that wording, what right does the GOP have to ban gay marriage? We are withholding the first sentence because we don't agree that gay people should get married?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It seems that the founders felt that our rights weren't whatever they felt benevolent enough to give us.

Are you saying that our rights come from God?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Okay, so the Constitution specifically states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed..."

So taking that wording, what right does the GOP have to ban gay marriage? We are withholding the first sentence because we don't agree that gay people should get married?

I take it then that you're against abortion since the right to life is specifically listed?

Top Bottom