• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Point, the very real deeds of liberals in power vs the weightless words of some liberals on a forum in fly over country. Oddly enough states with strictest gun laws are liberal states. Just sayin I see a pattern.

You've entirely missed the point of the thread. There are pro-gun liberals. Ignoring and marginalizing us is foolish, as we support the same goals with respect to firearms. If you feel that the words of a few people in "fly over country" who do not set national policy are not worth paying attention to why are you even a member of this site?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My dad was a straight ticket liberal and a gun owner as was his dad and their entire family.
    I have a few lib. buddys that shoot and the feel this legislation is a knee jerk reaction to buy votes and sooth the sheeple.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You've entirely missed the point of the thread. There are pro-gun liberals. Ignoring and marginalizing us is foolish, as we support the same goals with respect to firearms. If you feel that the words of a few people in "fly over country" who do not set national policy are not worth paying attention to why are you even a member of this site?

Apparently we don't need video gamers as allies either.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

I have to agree.

I've spent well over an hour on the "other" site and found the discussion to be generally 1) civil and 2) thoughtful.

While you may not disagree with them on everything, or even anything else, failing to actually ally on the topic(s) on which we do agree just because we disagree on many or most things is foolish. We, as gun owners and, more importantly, supporters of the Second Amendment, must unite to the best of our ability if we are to have a hope of evading pointless draconian restrictions.

If you haven't noticed, there are plenty of folks on this very site that have stated they'd be okay with giving up "hi-cap" mags or other things the anti's are going after...while I can't be sure, I'm guessing not all of them would apply the term "liberal" to themselves, and some of them might think "them's fightin' words" were you to suggest it to them.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I have to agree.

I've spent well over an hour on the "other" site and found the discussion to be generally 1) civil and 2) thoughtful.

While you may not disagree with them on everything, or even anything else, failing to actually ally on the topic(s) on which we do agree just because we disagree on many or most things is foolish. We, as gun owners and, more importantly, supporters of the Second Amendment, must unite to the best of our ability if we are to have a hope of evading pointless draconian restrictions.

If you haven't noticed, there are plenty of folks on this very site that have stated they'd be okay with giving up "hi-cap" mags or other things the anti's are going after...while I can't be sure, I'm guessing not all of them would apply the term "liberal" to themselves, and some of them might think "them's fightin' words" were you to suggest it to them.

There's "pro-gun" and there's "pro-gun". Even Obama says he's in favor of the 2d Amendment. What does that mean? (Rhetorical question...)

If "pro-gun" boils down to hunting/sporting and/or at the range only, then it isn't pro-2d Amendment. I don't see those people pushing back when it comes to bans/confiscation. So what benefit do they bring to any efforts to preserve the Bill of Rights?

Mind you, I'm not advocating poking these people in the eye just to annoy them, but their conception of gun rights seems vastly different from most (not all) INGOers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There's "pro-gun" and there's "pro-gun". Even Obama says he's in favor of the 2d Amendment. What does that mean? (Rhetorical question...)

If "pro-gun" boils down to hunting/sporting and/or at the range only, then it isn't pro-2d Amendment. I don't see those people pushing back when it comes to bans/confiscation. So what benefit do they bring to any efforts to preserve the Bill of Rights?

Mind you, I'm not advocating poking these people in the eye just to annoy them, but their conception of gun rights seems vastly different from most (not all) INGOers.

Maybe they'd be more receptive of issues important to us like unfettered 2a if we were more receptive of issues important to them.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm a relatively liberal person and I love INGO. I really enjoy going to the meetups, hanging out with folks, and shooting firearms that I'd probably never get a chance to shoot otherwise. Honestly, I don't have any interest in a liberal gun owner forum. I enjoy being around people who don't necessarily think exactly the same way I do.

I view gun ownership kind of in the same light that I view voting. Not only is it a right, but it is also a responsibility as US citizen. Our country is unique when it comes to gun ownership in particular. I think the video that Hickok45 put out the other day is pretty spot on...there are millions and millions of gun owners in the US, and most of us are responsible, (relatively) respectable people. We as gun owners (or even EBG owners) are not a fringe element, and semi-auto rifles and standard capacity magazines by themselves are not something that anyone needs to fear. I do my part to try to win over hearts and minds if I can. There is a lot of ignorance out there, and people tend to fear things that they do not know or understand.

And I ain't no democrat! :D

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just about every southern democrat is a gun-owner. They've been voting dem since forever, as have their fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers...

They may not agree with the libs take on things, but you're not gonna get them to change political parties after being entrenched in one side for generations.

YES, and renenber, there is a DIFFERENCE, between "LIBERALS", and DEMOCRATS ..... Just as there are differences, between Republican, CONSERVATIVE, and "TEA PARTY" .....

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Some people cannot separate themselves from their political ideology long enough to even consider supporting those of a different political ideology that support our cause to defend the 2A. I find that a bit narrow minded and self defeating.

Personally, I like talking about guns in general and it is refreshing to find that there are self proclaimed liberals that do too and liberals that support our Constitutional right. If you listened to the other side, you would think they do not exist and are all in lock step against the 2A.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Higher taxes on the "rich"? More "fairness" in government? Cuts in the defense budget?

The "rich" already pay way more than their "fair share". "Fairness" in government to a liberal usually means more for their pet projects and less for the taxpayers. We can't put the cart before the horse. Get us out of some of our foreign entanglements and then we can talk about cuts to defense.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    All this talk about defining a portion of one's identity based on the views of a political party.

I am not an idiot, which unfortunately means I can't claim to be represented by either of the two primary parties, as that's who they seem to represent these days.

LGC seems like a good idea if for no other reason than to spread awareness and support for the 2A.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Higher taxes on the "rich"? More "fairness" in government? Cuts in the defense budget?

MY questions for you, Tax the rich ????? Have YOU EVER been EMPLOYED by a POOR person? I have NOT .....
    What is fairness ????
    Cut the DEFENSE budget ????? I am a Ret. DAV., thank YOU, for CUTTING my V.A. benifits, WHICH I EARNED, by "doing" 26 years in the MILITARY. Thank YOU, for MESSING up MY Ret, Health BENIFITS. Thank YOU, for CUTTING MY Retirement ..... :twocents:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    MY questions for you, Tax the rich ????? Have YOU EVER been EMPLOYED by a POOR person? I have NOT .....
    What is fairness ????
    Cut the DEFENSE budget ????? I am a Ret. DAV., thank YOU, for CUTTING my V.A. benifits, WHICH I EARNED, by "doing" 26 years in the MILITARY. Thank YOU, for MESSING up MY Ret, Health BENIFITS. Thank YOU, for CUTTING MY Retirement ..... :twocents:

When I first enlisted I was promised free medical for life if I completed 20 years of active duty. I retired with 26 years of active duty and they not only are charging me for my medical but this year they are raising my rate by a large percentage. They want me to fall under Obamacare. I should have known better. If you want to know about U.S. government promises ask any of the native American tribes.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I belong to the Liberal Gun Owners forum. I like it there. I like it here, too.

I don't do Internet discussions about politics, usually. I've found that it's not as conducive to a discussion as a face to face discussion with someone I disagree with. I learn more that way.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Some people cannot separate themselves from their political ideology long enough to even consider supporting those of a different political ideology that support our cause to defend the 2A. I find that a bit narrow minded and self defeating.

Personally, I like talking about guns in general and it is refreshing to find that there are self proclaimed liberals that do too and liberals that support our Constitutional right. If you listened to the other side, you would think they do not exist and are all in lock step against the 2A.

Fair enough - but I do have a question... how on earth can you claim to be pro 2A and still support those whose STATED PURPOSE is its very destruction? It's kind of like "Chickens for Colonel Sanders", from what I can see. Or is it a case of "Yeah, well the Democrats suck less than the Republicans?" . Not trying to be a wise guy - it's an honest question.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Fair enough - but I do have a question... how on earth can you claim to be pro 2A and still support those whose STATED PURPOSE is its very destruction? It's kind of like "Chickens for Colonel Sanders", from what I can see. Or is it a case of "Yeah, well the Democrats suck less than the Republicans?" . Not trying to be a wise guy - it's an honest question.

Would you divorce your wife (if you have one) just because you disagree on something? People are not homogeneous goose stepping robots so it is no surprise that liberals are not of a hive mind on everything.

Top Bottom