• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Fair enough - but I do have a question... how on earth can you claim to be pro 2A and still support those whose STATED PURPOSE is its very destruction? It's kind of like "Chickens for Colonel Sanders", from what I can see. Or is it a case of "Yeah, well the Democrats suck less than the Republicans?" . Not trying to be a wise guy - it's an honest question.

To answer your question, personally I don't support people but ideas and ideals. Honestly, both the republicans and democrats are too authoritarian for my taste.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    If you area gun owner and a liberal, then you really don't understand your liberalism.
    No explanation should be necessary.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Some people cannot separate themselves from their political ideology long enough to even consider supporting those of a different political ideology that support our cause to defend the 2A. I find that a bit narrow minded and self defeating.

Personally, I like talking about guns in general and it is refreshing to find that there are self proclaimed liberals that do too and liberals that support our Constitutional right. If you listened to the other side, you would think they do not exist and are all in lock step against the 2A.

In my experience , liberal gun owners are an anomaly. Something you don't normally see.
    It gives me hope that there are some that might be converted but most liberals see themselves as intellectually superior to anyone that holds any view contrary to their own. Therefore they are extremely difficult to speak with concerning anything they don't espouse.
    I'd be willing to bet that 95% of liberals are anti gun or at least for restricting the 2nd.
    The libs aren't gonna be the deciding factor in whether or not our guns stay where they are , we are.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Therefore they are extremely difficult to speak with concerning anything they don't espouse.

I think this is true for many people in general, not just one group or another. Discussion, especially political or philosophical discussion is almost a lost art. How many people have ever studied rhetoric or logic, even on a basic level?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    MY questions for you, Tax the rich ????? Have YOU EVER been EMPLOYED by a POOR person? I have NOT .....
    What is fairness ????
    Cut the DEFENSE budget ????? I am a Ret. DAV., thank YOU, for CUTTING my V.A. benifits, WHICH I EARNED, by "doing" 26 years in the MILITARY. Thank YOU, for MESSING up MY Ret, Health BENIFITS. Thank YOU, for CUTTING MY Retirement ..... :twocents:

Are you somehow under the impression that I endorse these ideas?

Apparently some don't understand irony in the absence of purple.

Ah the joys of the interwebz...

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It's been kind if disappointing so far...... Other than Cobber going all liberal! :laugh:

Okay, you're going on Santa's naughty list too.

Irony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scare quotes are a particular use of quotation marks. They are placed around a word or phrase to indicate that it is not used in the fashion that the writer would personally use it. In contrast to the nominal typographic purpose of quotation marks, the enclosed words are not necessarily quoted from another source. When read aloud, various techniques are used to convey the sense, such as prepending the addition of "so-called" or a similar word or phrase of disdain, using a sarcastic or mocking tone, or using air quotes, or any combination of the above.

Here endeth the lesson.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    If you area gun owner and a liberal, then you really don't understand your liberalism.
    No explanation should be necessary.

This is a very ignorant statement. People are not one dimensional. Keep dividing gun owners into categories and alienating them because they don't share all the same beliefs. I'm sure it will work out well in the end.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no intentions of marrying another man but I don't support banning it. If we stand up for their liberty, maybe they'll take an interest in ours.

I have no issue with whatever consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. I further could care less if they choose to pay the gubmint to have an O-fishel marriage license. In my view marriage is a religious distinction and the government shouldn't even be involved.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have no issue with whatever consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. I further could care less if they choose to pay the gubmint to have an O-fishel marriage license. In my view marriage is a religious distinction and the government shouldn't even be involved.

We're on the same page. Many aren't though.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have no intentions of marrying another man but I don't support banning it. If we stand up for their liberty, maybe they'll take an interest in ours.

LOL. Yeah, that's it. As soon as we embrace homosexual marriage, the liberals will suddenly have an epiphany about constitutional conservatism.

This is exactly why the libertarian party is a joke. They demand freedom without responsibility.

How about liberals start respecting things like 2A that are actually in the Constitution, then they can come and talk to us about their pet projects that have nothing to do with the Constitution.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    LOL. Yeah, that's it. As soon as we embrace homosexual marriage, the liberals will suddenly have an epiphany about constitutional conservatism.

This is exactly why the libertarian party is a joke. They demand freedom without responsibility.

How about liberals start respecting things like 2A that are actually in the Constitution, then they can come and talk to us about their pet projects that have nothing to do with the Constitution.

Marriage isn't in the constitution at all. Do you want a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage? How does 2 guys getting married make them irresponsible? A government big enough to regulate your bedroom is big enough to regulate guns.

Top Bottom