• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Both my wife & my daugther are sick with some kind of bug.

My daugther's seems rather mild (me & her just had a water fight and now she's running around playing) but my wife is in bed & says she feels like she's been hit by a truck.

I sure hope I don't get it but I probably will.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is killing those between 25 to 45, much like the last pandemic of 1914. It originally spawned in people that age and does it's worst on them. The pandemic of 1914 also attacked young men because it fomented in the trenches of WWI when they started raising pigs where the men were out in the field to help with food logistics.

I suffered an upper respiratory infection 4 weeks ago and am finally getting over it. When it hit, it made me think of the 1914 outbreak and I understood how it could kill effectively and quickly. I had a catch in my throat for one day. That evening while laying on my bed, I felt it move into my lungs and it burned. I was sick the next day and my lungs would fill with fluid. It got to the point where my chest was terribly sore from coughing. I understand how a more effective virus could kill.

I hate to say it, but maybe it will take something like this to bring attention to the real dangers of this world instead of the politically made up Climate Change or the dangers of returning service men.

Last edited:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I read somewhere that the world population has already grown beyond what the earth is capable of supporting. Mother Nature has a way of takin care of **** like that...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I don't think that will help in this instance. It is airborne.

Even if it is airborne, the most likely way of transmission is getting something on your hands and those hands getting put in your mouth or eyes. They can sneeze and infect 5 people an elevator. They can then rub that sneeze on the door knob and have 200 people touch it.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Both my wife & my daugther are sick with some kind of bug.

My daugther's seems rather mild (me & her just had a water fight and now she's running around playing) but my wife is in bed & says she feels like she's been hit by a truck.

I sure hope I don't get it but I probably will.

I'll keep everyone posted.
    I just got over the flu as well.(yesterday was the frist day in 4 days I wan't in bed all day). It sounds like your wife may have a similiar flu that I had. Don't stress quite yet about the swine flu. Just keep your eye on it. It's probably just a random flu. Either way though, You dont want to catch it because being sick sucks! Hope you get a little peace of mind! :)

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just reviewed the info from the CDC with my crew this morning..I told them to brace for people in a panic that they have "swine flu" and are going to die!!

The news media is not our friend and I sure wish someone would point out that....

250,000 - 500,000 PEOPLE WORLDWIDE DIE EVERY YEAR FROM INFLUENZA!!!!!

This will snowball into a panic....Mark my words...:patriot:

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    The best thing to do is to see a doctor if you are sick with flu like symptoms. There are anti-virals that can be given to help you get better quicker. Don't let the symptoms go on for long, the quicker you are treated the better. Washing hands is important even though this seems to be airborne especially if someone is coughing or sneezing into their hands.

What bothers me the most is that this seems to be a strain that no one has seen before. There is a little thought in the back of my head that wonders if something nasty got released accidentally or, worse yet, purposely. Where is my tin foil hat?

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We are at Fed response Level 4 going to 5

Federal Response Stages

Sorry, I have to disagree. We are at a WHO phase 3 and a US level 0 currently.

Source: http://www.pandemicflu.gov/index.html

I serve as an emergency preparedness consultant to a major hospital and our biggest concern right now is mis-information. Please be an informed consumer and check facts as the information about this H1N1 strain of influenza continues to unfold.

Regards,

Jim

Top Bottom