• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nitecore MT10C

Get the 4 bay universal charger and 2 rechargeable Batts and you're still under $100 for a true pocket light with multi brightness and strobe.... at 900 lumens

Carried mine over a year and have had zero issues. Go to the Flashlight Outlet in Valpo

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just got a Pelican 1910 75 lumen light. Are these any good? I really like the size and it was free too boot!

For a single AAA battery, 75 lumens is pretty good, especially if it has a long run time.

The size, shape, and quality of the reflector will make a big difference, but Pelican has been doing this a long time.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I recently bought a Fenix PD25. I'm starting to really like it as a task light. I prefer the size of my Streamlight Microstream, but I like how bright the PD25 is for its size.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I recently bought a Fenix PD25. I'm starting to really like it as a task light. I prefer the size of my Streamlight Microstream, but I like how bright the PD25 is for its size.

That's a sweet light! Try a rechargeable battery for it . . . it will make 550 lumens with a 16340 (rechargeable CR123A) vs 400 lumens for the regular CR123A.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just got a Pelican 1910 75 lumen light. Are these any good? I really like the size and it was free too boot!

Looks pretty nice, and the low mode should make the battery last even longer when you dont need the full brightness.
    Takes 8 rounds mags too apparently! :D

Scott357

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Whatever brand you decide, make sure it has the strobe feature! I have tried a few on myself (ya, I know...not smart) and not only do they disorient you, I even got nauseous! Sometimes it's that slight edge you need when SHF.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Whatever brand you decide, make sure it has the strobe feature! I have tried a few on myself (ya, I know...not smart) and not only do they disorient you, I even got nauseous! Sometimes it's that slight edge you need when SHF.

Also consider that if you got nauseated, it might be distracting you even if you're using it toward someone else.

I have strobes on my lights, but I don't intend to use them in tense social encounters because I know it will distract me as well.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville

I'm a big fan of my 1910. It's small enough that I can take it anywhere, and I generally do. Super easy to find replacement batteries. Takes a beating pretty well. Probably not a defensive light, but for every day tasks, I really like it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Having a strobe is overrated. I don't personally care for the feature. I WILL admit it's fun using it on friends when they don't expect it...

Top Bottom