• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I just received my Fenix PD 35 TAC light in the mail today. My friend carries one and I got the play with it for a few hours. Overall I liked it but not as much is my Surefire LX2. I just can't get over the clicky switch versus the momentary switch. I think the Fenix is going to become my dedicated worker light because I can use rechargeable batteries in it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    What lights have you all been buying recently? I may be looking to buy another soon. I'm leaning toward the Fenix PD35, but I already own one. Maybe something different might be fun.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Anyone else having issues with the UC35 USB charging? Sometimes mine doesn't want to charge right, but I think it may be the charger.

I think I will get the PD35 next. I think I would rather charge the batteries myself.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Anyone else having issues with the UC35 USB charging? Sometimes mine doesn't want to charge right, but I think it may be the charger.

I think I will get the PD35 next. I think I would rather charge the batteries myself.

Do you remember to turn the light on before plugging in the charger?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Plug in then turn on

ETA: When it doesn't work, the light flashes on and off, but the selector does not light up green or red. I think its my crappy chinese charging cords.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What lights have you all been buying recently? I may be looking to buy another soon. I'm leaning toward the Fenix PD35, but I already own one. Maybe something different might be fun.

If you like the PD35, you'll love the UC35. Same light, but USB rechargeable.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought a PD35 Tac. It's my first light that takes an 18650. I'm really liking it. The power is amazing! I got a charger, two 18650s, and 4 CR123s (long term storage backups) for it.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    One morning I started to load all my EDC stuff into the pair of shorts I planned to wear that day. My Streamlight Pro Tac 2 wasn't where it was supposed to be. Went one full day not knowing where it was. I immediately started making plans to replace it. Thankfully, I found out I didn't take it out of the shorts that I had put in the laundry the night before.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One morning I started to load all my EDC stuff into the pair of shorts I planned to wear that day. My Streamlight Pro Tac 2 wasn't where it was supposed to be. Went one full day not knowing where it was. I immediately started making plans to replace it. Thankfully, I found out I didn't take it out of the shorts that I had put in the laundry the night before.
    I found my in a pair of pants one year later.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A couple of weeks ago I lost my Fenix PD22UE that I always wear on a chain around my neck. I found it a few days later in the pocket of the shorts I was wearing the last time I used it. UGH!

morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Get a light that has separate controls for the mode and power. I Bought a ThorFire VG10 tactical flashlight with a Cree XM-L2 LED for my AR. (Light is available on Amazon for $36 and includes an 18650 battery and charger.) The light has four brightness modes (no strobe function), and is certainly bright on the brightest mode. My biggest complaint is that a single button is used to turn the light on/off and select the mode. A full depress of the power/mode switch will turn the light on or off. A slight depress of the power/mode switch will cycle the light to the next mode (in order of increasing brightness). As you might suspect, it's hard to setup the light so that it will be in the mode you want when you turn it on (e.g., full brightness). I'm considering shopping for a light with separate power and mode buttons so I can always have the light in the mode that I want. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom