Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :facepalm:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 2, 2012
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    (Fishers, Indiana) – On March 31, 2012 at approximately 10:30pm The Hamilton County Dispatch Center received a 911 call from a resident in the 11900 block of Cobblestone Drive (116th Street and Brooks School Road). The resident told the Dispatcher that his roommate had fired a gun in the house.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Officer J. Hawkins and Officer P. Berry quickly arrived at the home and observed two men standing on the front porch. Both men were detained and transported to The Fishers Police Department. While securing the home officers located a bullet hole in an upstairs window and a handgun in the kitchen.

Both men cooperated with the investigation and gave statements. The suspect told Detective T. Skaggs that earlier in the evening he and his roommate were arguing. During the argument he went to his bedroom and retrieved his handgun. He admitted to shooting his gun in an attempt to scare his roommate.

No one was injured as a result of this incident.

Arrested - David E. Nicely
    41 years old
    Fishers, Indiana

Charge(s) - Criminal Recklessness with a Firearm “D” Felony
    Interfering with Crime Reporting “A” Misdemeanor

Held - Hamilton County Jail

mail

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Sounds like he is in for some trouble. The only thing I dont get is if both men went peacefully, gave statements, and the guy admitted to doing what he did, then how do they reason the misdemeanor Interfering with Crime Reporting charge?

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i can go along with not saying allegedly because he fessed up. probably did so because he did not realize what he did was wrong. "i was only trying to scare him, it is not like i shot AT him"
    luckily this had a happy ending, DA is taken into custody, and we dont have a story that says man tries to scare room mate, fires gun through window and kills single mother of 3. if your life is not in danger and you are not target shooting or cleaning it, keep it in the dag gone holster

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Weeelllll, maybe, maybe not.

Maybe he was in custody and was Mirandized, or, if given a fruit hat, Carmen Mirandized, and gave this in response to a question.

He shall fight pre-filing, we shall fight at the initial hearing, we shall blind them with motions, we shall never surrender.

Where is my Churchill smilie? How much for a Churchill smilie?:D

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kirk,

I do suppose that it is better to go down swinging that to just go down.:D

Regards,

Doug

PS - Doofus still should have kept his mouth shut!

Top Bottom