• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I always inform. I see no reason not to make the officer more comfortable when his mood affects whether I get a $200+ ticket.
    Good luck with that!
    mind my asking? What other information do you volunteer? Knife in your pocket? Pen, pencil? Fingernail file? Any other sharp or heavy objects within reach?
    Would you mention if you had any kind of self defense training? After all, you want the nice officer to be as " comfortable" as possible, right?
    Do you invite him to your house to see your gun collection?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Great, so if I pull over anybody else fitting that description, I'll just assume there's no way on earth that you could possibly be a threat.
    Gundoc, where you live, what you drive, and your military status (of which I am thankful), entitles you to no more rights than the homeboy you referenced. Your rights were violated, and if you were a homeboy, that wouldn't change.

Yeah, I missed that the first time through.
    Gundoc, who or what the hell is a "Homeboy"?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No way on earth. I have seen this game in action. A friend filed a complaint in Ohio years ago and his info went on the dash of the majority of LEO's in the area. He was pulled over like 6 times in a week and was finally told" you know one of these days I may spot a bag of coke on your back seat." My friend got the 'hint' and moved to upstate N.Y.
    :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No way on earth. I have seen this game in action. A friend filed a complaint in Ohio years ago and his info went on the dash of the majority of LEO's in the area. He was pulled over like 6 times in a week and was finally told" you know one of these days I may spot a bag of coke on your back seat." My friend got the 'hint' and moved to upstate N.Y.
    Sure he did.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Last time I was asked if I had any weapons or drugs in the vehicle, my answer was simply " nothing illegal".

Good. Much better than saying 'Whatchoo need?". :D

(A friend of mine once made that joke on the way into Canada from the Ambassador Bridge in the late 80's. We lucky to just get the mile stare from the guy as he shook his head....)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Here we go again. Why start a gun conversation if you don't have to?

In the last year, I've become the king of the verbal warning.

Number of stops: several.
    Percentage of stops carrying: 100%
    Percentage of times asked about a gun: 0%
    Percentage of times asked for the registration: 100%
    Percentage of times I volunteered that I had a gun: 0%

My 2 cents- DO NOT carry the registration with your gun. Don't volunteer, but don't lie.

NEVER START THE GUN CONVERSATION.

This is absolutely SPOT-ON.

I got pulled over by ISP last Tuesday for 40 in a 25 (school zone on Dan Jones Road just north of Rockville). My Sig was on my hip the whole time. He didn't ask and I didn't tell. No asking to search the car, no asking about weapons. The officer was back at his car for only about 2 or 3 minutes before returning with a written warning. Sneaky cops, there were two working in tandem and the other already had someone pulled over. I went back through there several hours later in a different car and they were still working the same area.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wish I had seen this earlier.

I was stopped last January (2014). The second question asked was "Do you have your weapon with you". He knew I had a LTCH before he had my DL in hand.

INGO stickers on your vehicle or other indications you are a gun owner?

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    This is absolutely SPOT-ON.

I got pulled over by ISP last Tuesday for 40 in a 25 (school zone on Dan Jones Road just north of Rockville). My Sig was on my hip the whole time. He didn't ask and I didn't tell. No asking to search the car, no asking about weapons. The officer was back at his car for only about 2 or 3 minutes before returning with a written warning. Sneaky cops, there were two working in tandem and the other already had someone pulled over. I went back through there several hours later in a different car and they were still working the same area.

Was he sitting by that corn field across from the school? Avon got me not to long ago rt there not even thinking about it being a school zone

Top Bottom