• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    When they asked me if I had a gun or any other weapons, I was a little tired of the "interrogation," so I responded "Of course I do."

Priceless. A good police officer assumes everyone is armed and will not be alarmed if they are.

I might add that I have nothing illegal in the car and am not a threat to anyone. Officer can then go back with DL and check out LTCH when it pops up on his screen if he feels a need to.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I always inform. I see no reason not to make the officer more comfortable when his mood affects whether I get a $200+ ticket.

The officer is more comfortable when you tell him you have a gun?

O.................................................K

You actually believe you're going to make a cop more comfortable by telling him you have a gun?

Good luck with that.

No no no..... you tell him

"I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it!"

He will then know that you are a trained and proficient firearms enthusiast who knows how to handle a gun further putting his mind at ease.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    You actually believe you're going to make a cop more comfortable by telling him you have a gun?

Good luck with that.

It's worked out fine for me so far. Interactions have always been positive. It might be different in Gary, but here in Hendricks Co police aren't automatically the Enemy and I don't treat them as such.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Anyone listen to the Garrison Show? I am the guy that got pulled from his car gun pointed AT MY HEAD and cuffed on 465 because the State Police officer saw my pink LTC. I am 65 years old, live in Hamilton County, have Disabled Vet plates, and drive a BMW............I ain't a home boy. He took my gun and license back to his car, leaving me sitting on the guardrail IN HANDCUFFS. Everything, gun, registration, insurance, was up to par he just didn't like seeing that pink LTC. He un-cuffed me handed me my gun and license and walked away without saying a word.

Garrison said report him and NEVER show your LTC unless it's asked for. I didn't do the former, I know how that game goes You get pulled over EVERY SINGLE TIME you leave the house but I do keep my license buried deep in my 'George Kastanza' wallet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone listen to the Garrison Show? I am the guy that got pulled from his car gun pointed AT MY HEAD and cuffed on 465 because the State Police officer saw my pink LTC. I am 65 years old, live in Hamilton County, have Disabled Vet plates, and drive a BMW............I ain't a home boy. He took my gun and license back to his car, leaving me sitting on the guardrail IN HANDCUFFS. Everything, gun, registration, insurance, was up to par he just didn't like seeing that pink LTC. He un-cuffed me handed me my gun and license and walked away without saying a word.

Garrison said report him and NEVER show your LTC unless it's asked for. I didn't do the former, I know how that game goes You get pulled over EVERY SINGLE TIME you leave the house but I do keep my license buried deep in my 'George Kastanza' wallet.

And you filed a complaint with ISP I assume?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Good luck with that.

I agree. What person in their right mind tells somebody out of the blue something like that? That makes about as much sense as when you are introduced to someone for the first time you say "Hi, I'm Bob. Pleased to meet you. Oh, by the way I spent 10 years in a federal penetentiary for asssault and money laundering." How in the hell do you think information that is not relevant to the situation in the moment* does any damn good for you? Does the trooper NEED to know you have a gun that wont be coming out of the holster? Or that the person you meet needs to know a deep dark secret that will taint your relationship from the start? In my example, you only let that cat out of the bag if REQUIRED or pertinent IN THE MOMENT*. "Sorry, I appreciate the suggestion that I do your books for you, but I cant because..."

If my gun is concealed and I have no reason to expect he will see it during our interaction, he has no reason to be told. Now he SHOULD be informed if you have to touch it or you expect him to see it. (*its in the glove box on the registration, its on your hip and he asks you to exit the vehicle, (maybe) if he asks if there are any weapons in the car, etc)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's worked out fine for me so far. Interactions have always been positive. It might be different in Gary, but here in Hendricks Co police aren't automatically the Enemy and I don't treat them as such.

What does starting a gun conversation for no reason have to do with some supposed view that the "police are the enemy"? I have had no issues with the police to date and I never bring "gun" up and have never been asked about it over the course of several stops over numerous years since I have had my LTCH.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No no no..... you tell him

"I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it!"

He will then know that you are a trained and proficient firearms enthusiast who knows how to handle a gun further putting his mind at ease.

I like to walk-up to them, admire their pistol, and ask, "So, in terms of guns, what do you recommend for really teaching someone a lesson they won't forget?"

So . . . how does choosing to remain silent about being armed equate to treating them like "the Enemy"? Have you actually thought about any of this?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As soon as I get in my truck,my wallet goes into the dash pocket and my registration/poi is always riding on my visor.With this system,I don't have to reach anywhere near a gun during a traffic stop.I also plan to get everything in my hands and ready by the time my truck comes to a stop and have my hands on the wheel and dome light on(if needed).I also wear my seatbelt and try not to speed to avoid the interaction altogether.I feel that by system is adequate.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    So . . . how does choosing to remain silent about being armed equate to treating them like "the Enemy"? Have you actually thought about any of this?

Sure I have. I'm 43 and have been legally carrying in one state or another since I was 21. My experiences have led me to believe it's best to inform in general, though there may be some specific circumstance that I would not. Others may have different experiences with law enforcement and make different choices in this area. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind here; I just said what I do.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I thought these days that when they pull you over, the police already know you have a LTCH in Indiana, as it is linked to your IN Drivers License and Plates in their computer. I saw this in another thread, I am thinking.

I was stopped for a headlight out and when I tried to hand the officer my LTCH permit he said he didn't need it "That it would come up when he ran my license" And I understand that IN is not a necessary to inform but I do make it a point to tell them. Have never been hassled over it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was stopped for a headlight out and when I tried to hand the officer my LTCH permit he said he didn't need it "That it would come up when he ran my license" And I understand that IN is not a necessary to inform but I do make it a point to tell them. Have never been hassled over it.

Doug! Where have you been, sir?!!!

Top Bottom