• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i just finished my first mag. it took some time to get everything set right but i couldn't be happier with the results. in all fairness my girlfriend deserves the credit because i had no clue how to run this thing.

here is the thread with some of my and other ideas
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/71861-laser_engraving.html

im starting with the words

2nd amendment
    right to bear arms

on my lower and the actual 2nd amendment on the mags to where if a mag is inserted it will read as on line. i got my first mag done tonight here it is. sorry for the crappy pics it look great in real life. its not blurry what so ever i got to buy a new camera.

engraving005.jpg

engraving006.jpg

engraving007.jpg

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    :rockwoot: awesome! all out of rep for the day so I owe ya one.
    can this only be done in metal? {please excuse my ignorance}

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    :rockwoot: awesome! all out of rep for the day so I owe ya one.
    can this only be done in metal? {please excuse my ignorance}

it can be done on anything non reflective. so stainless metal no. blued yes. my girlfriend does it on acrylic for work. she can scan in a picture of ? and put it on acrylic. we have one in our house that you can see and make out a reflection in a window or a tree. the pic was of the girls with there dog. the window is on the side of the pic.

i have to get a new camera. it looks like in the pics some of my letters didn't even turn out:xmad:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    it can be done on anything non reflective. so stainless metal no. blued yes. my girlfriend does it on acrylic for work. she can scan in a picture of ? and put it on acrylic. we have one in our house that you can see and make out a reflection in a window or a tree. the pic was of the girls with there dog. the window is on the side of the pic.

i have to get a new camera. it looks like in the pics some of my letters didn't even turn out:xmad:

so...can ya do it on a birch wood rifle stock:D and if so would you be willing to do so? :dunno:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    You do realize that by showing us this, you've effectively made us want it.

Also, I want it.

Seriously. You should (with her permission) make some money doing this. You could advertise on INGO and I'm certain many of us would want it.

I'm certain of this, because I want it.

Was I clear enough? :D

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    so...can ya do it on a birch wood rifle stock:D and if so would you be willing to do so? :dunno:
    I'm not sure on his particular laser, but they're mostly all the same so I think I'm qualified to answer this. Yes, it can be done, but its not quite as pretty. The difficult thing with wood is that it etches the different wood grain differently. The difference in characteristics between growth rings will contribute to uneven etching. Essentially, it will etch the soft wood deeper than the harder wood, leaving you with a "ridge and valley" pattern wherever it has been etched.

Top Bottom