First time I had to draw my handgun (in this state)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    How do I get this out of my driveway? Shovel dont work, its frozen to the rock and the rock is frozen to the underlying dirt!

[video=youtube;189Dvd9Zsn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189Dvd9Zsn8[/video]

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Actually, he did answer.

But to remind everyone, this happened in the middle of the night when folk were woken up from sleep with no expectations that they would have to make potentially life changing decisions in a matters of seconds.

I would like to know why posters assume that these conditions lead to clear cut, rational, high order thinking.
    Actually, he didn't.
    if I'm awoken(awakened?) in the middle of the night by a noise (eg. someone tapping on my door), I'm wide awake very quickly. Not half awake, not two thirds awake.Is the "decision" to not let your wife or girlfriend beat you to the door really that tough?
    I never realized that I was using "high order thinking" (whatever that is) every time I wake up and look out the window to make sure it's just raccoons knocking over the trash can instead of an intruder.

Look, it's clear by the op that neither he nor his girlfriend were afraid when they realized that it was her friends ex boyfriend tapping on the door. If she was afraid, she wouldn't have opened the door and gone out and talked to him.
    If he was afraid, he wouldn't have taken the time to get dressed and let his girlfriend get ahead of him.

Unless one or both are total idiots. (I am in NO way saying they are!)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    That moose had the right of way and you should have turned your snowmobile around! Animals are friends, not food!

Ohhh, wrong thread

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Actually, he didn't.
    if I'm awoken(awakened?) in the middle of the night by a noise (eg. someone tapping on my door), I'm wide awake very quickly. Not half awake, not two thirds awake.Is the "decision" to not let your wife or girlfriend beat you to the door really that tough?
    I never realized that I was using "high order thinking" (whatever that is) every time I wake up and look out the window to make sure it's just raccoons knocking over the trash can instead of an intruder.

Look, it's clear by the op that neither he nor his girlfriend were afraid when they realized that it was her friends ex boyfriend tapping on the door. If she was afraid, she wouldn't have opened the door and gone out and talked to him.
    If he was afraid, he wouldn't have taken the time to get dressed and let his girlfriend get ahead of him.

Unless one or both are total idiots. (I am in NO way saying they are!)

Higher-order thinking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A smart lawyer wouldn't beat up the young woman on the witness stand. No need. According to this logic, no one is in prison. No lawyer can make "anything reasonable".

At this risk of giving away a professional secret, you just get the information from her with a smile on your face. If she tells the same story he did in the OP, so be it. I'll crucify the defendant with her story and make him either admit she was not scared by this guy or have HIM call her a lier. Not me. Either way, he ends up looking bad.

If she lies about what happened, I can make the jury think I wasn't nearly hard enough on her as I stand there, kind tone of voice, pleasant smile, and just act like I'm confused by her inconsistencies. Inconsistencies that every member of the jury picks up on and think they, themselves discovered on their own, while I just as stand there and ask "easy" questions, apologizing for the inconvenience of her having to be there. Juries like to play detective and the facts you let them discern "for themselves" are more powerful than those you throw in their faces.

Witnesses always think they are the smartest people on earth, but they are in my house when they're on the stand.....I really love what I do.

So you missed the part where I explained what I'd do if she told the same story as the OP, OR if she did not? Either not observant, or deliberately misstating to protect a point.

No experienced trial lawyer goes in assuming everyone always tells the truth and unprepared if they don't.

Alright, quit bullying the Internet arm chair wanabe law scholars around with real life professional facts!:nono:
    :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whoa, this fread blew up. Just out of curiosity, is there documentation of the other guy being a wife beater? I'm assuming there's some convictions, right? After all it there's not, it's essentially hearsay, second hand. Because, obviously, a battered girlfriend always cooperates fully in the prosecution of her boyfriend... Even if she dates him afterwards.
    (apply purple drank where needed)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Whoa, this fread blew up. Just out of curiosity, is there documentation of the other guy being a wife beater? I'm assuming there's some convictions, right? After all it there's not, it's essentially hearsay, second hand. Because, obviously, a battered girlfriend always cooperates fully in the prosecution of her boyfriend... Even if she dates him afterwards.
    (apply purple drank where needed)

DUI(x2) and Domestic ...check
    Numerous police reports and "visits" to his/her home....check
    Guilty convictions...check
    Needs new underwear/pants.....check

Ive located 3 different aliases used by this clown so far and that was in Vigo County alone. Someone please tell me how exactly can you get a drivers license suspended/revoked when "you" have never even had a U.S. Drivers License?

Top Bottom