• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Did you buy her coffee at Starbucks? If so you could have just open carried and got the conversation started right off the bat.

I would not make gun ownership issues the first thing you consider in a relationship. My wife was very anti-gun and wanted to save all the little bunnies when I first met her. 16 years and 2 kids later she is now pretty conservative. Yeah, if need be my little college treehugger would pop a cap in a rampaging zombie.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I actually start off a conversation with something small about guns or politics, nothing big just a joke or something then it can go one of two ways. It turns into very well laid out conversation on a mature level or I get the typical liberal :p your just crazy thing. Plus I want a woman that is aware enough to understand that the world isnt sunshine and lollipops. Keep up the good search though man I believe there are still good women out there! Im keepin on, if ya do find a good one with cute friends keep me in mind. :D

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've actually been dating a lady I met on Eharmony just over a year ago. She was never a gun person before we started dating, but she's fine with my carrying and what not. Hopefully I'll be able to get her to the range one of these days. She has the interest, just not the time.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I would be more put off by her not thanking me for the coffee than for her spoken words against the last gun-toter.

Minds can be changed on firearms but if she is old enough to date and hasn't learned to say thank you by now she probably isn't worth dating.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I dunno if you've noticed the ratio of men to women here, but it's something like 8000:10. And I'm pretty sure 9 of those 10 are married or in serious relationships. :):

Woo hoo!!! That leaves one! I can beat those odds :D

Or could, if my wife wouldn't shoot various parts off me.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would be more put off by her not thanking me for the coffee than for her spoke words against the last gun-toter.

Minds can be changed on firearms but if she is old enough to date but and hasn't learned to say thank you by now she probably isn't worth dating.

Ya, I was a little. My roomate and some of my closest friends are hardcore liberals are anti-guns-within-a-city-block-of-them. It was 100% because they didn't understand them or the mentality of gun owners. They still hate them, but at least now they get where I'm coming from.

But what kind of person isn't taught basic manners? I mean, seriously. This girl was just rude.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    As a newly single female with a LTCH, I always wonder how to bring up the gun, lol...so far it hasn't been an issue with anyone I've talked to. I'm on an online dating site and I put something about shooting in my interests, so maybe that's part of why I'm not getting dates but at least it's out there, lol.....I'd totally be down for an INGO version of EHarmony, lol.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    As a newly single female with a LTCH, I always wonder how to bring up the gun, lol...so far it hasn't been an issue with anyone I've talked to. I'm on an online dating site and I put something about shooting in my interests, so maybe that's part of why I'm not getting dates but at least it's out there, lol.....I'd totally be down for an INGO version of EHarmony, lol.

That's actually the best way to go about it. Having shooting (not just hunting, but shooting) in your interests area gives a potential date a more accurate picture for those of us who carry.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    That's actually the best way to go about it. Having shooting (not just hunting, but shooting) in your interests area gives a potential date a more accurate picture for those of us who carry.

That's the way I look at it. I want someone to want ME for ME, and my gun is now part of ME, lol....if they don't like it, they don't have to message me, and for the most part, they don't, lol

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    That's the way I look at it. I want someone to want ME for ME, and my gun is now part of ME, lol....if they don't like it, they don't have to message me, and for the most part, they don't, lol

Yep. There are a few things that are so deeply ingrained as to who I am that someone has to be ok with that before I even give them a consideration. Not that it's an issue for me, but it was when I was newly single for the first time in my adult life a few years ago.

Maybe an INGO singles mixer/shoot!

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Maybe an INGO singles mixer/shoot!

Heck yeah, lol......might not be that many other girls, but, wait, where's the downside to that?? lol.....count me in!!

:rockwoot:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Wow- What luck, she ended up with TWO gun-toters, if her story was true! Perhaps god is trying to tell her something. :laugh:

Top Bottom