police-state-sheriff-blazing-saddles.jpg

:laugh:

:laugh:

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    If she cannot appreciate the utility of self-defense, she's less than worthless to me.

Next fish!

A lot of them start out like that, and wise up eventually.

A lot of people just haven't thought about it much. It's nicer to think pleasant thoughts. Then it can go two ways: A) how dare you intrude on my blissful fantasy world!!??!! or B) re-think when confronted with reality. Hopefully "reality" doesn't come in the form of a violent assault. As someone else pointed out here, sometimes "reality" can be having children and feeling the responsibility of protecting them. That's what got my wife carrying.

So I wouldn't say she's hopeless long-term. Probably not worth messing with now, though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Years ago, I did eHarmony, too. Went out 2x with 1 woman. But before we even went out, in our emails back and forth, I asked her directly if a guy having/carrying firearms was a concern. She said no...she'd grown up with them...her mother is a former competitive shooter...

I thought I was in there like swimwear! I'm thinking "She's very attractive, likes to do active things, strong Christian, is a nurse, going to get her MRN,...etc.

Turns out she doesn't like fat guys. Imagine that.

Anyhow, I digress. My point was "should've been talking about that kind of thing in the "before we set up a date" email communication".

-J-

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Dad grew up on a farm, he hunted etc. He was the one that got me into shooting. My Mom grew up in the city, and hates guns. Some people I think, do not see the need for a gun untill something bad happens to them, a family member, friend, co worker, etc. Or they think the plice are always going to be there when you need them!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    A lot of them start out like that, and wise up eventually.

A lot of people just haven't thought about it much. It's nicer to think pleasant thoughts. Then it can go two ways: A) how dare you intrude on my blissful fantasy world!!??!! or B) re-think when confronted with reality. Hopefully "reality" doesn't come in the form of a violent assault. As someone else pointed out here, sometimes "reality" can be having children and feeling the responsibility of protecting them. That's what got my wife carrying.

So I wouldn't say she's hopeless long-term. Probably not worth messing with now, though.

Agreed...and as I'm not likely to keep in touch with anyone I'd meet in a coffeehouse and did not like, she is thus permanently useless.

While I can and have made the argument for self-defense to friends who didn't quite get it, there comes a point at which you REALLY get tired of repeating yourself - and I'd rather save myself a lot of time in trying to make a potential lover understand that self-defense is a necessity in life - and skip right ahead to the part where she already understands that fact.

I'm not getting any younger and my blood pressure isn't going down any, either. So... maybe one day she'll wise up - hopefully she will. But I doubt it will be soon enough to make it worth his while. She might have worth as a human being, but not as a human being with whom I would care to be involved. Thus, I re-iterate: next fish!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    met my woman online a year ago this coming friday....plan on getting married next march....wasn't a dating site and i wasn't looking,just got lucky

Congrats! That's how I've met my SOs; when I wasn't actively looking.

After I lost my wife I tried online dating for a year. First and foremost, if you live away from an urban center the choices are much fewer. Second, the free sites suck big time. I tried E-harmony and a couple of other paid sites and went out on a few dates and never had any success. My standards are pretty high, and I never seemed to find anyone that interested me, and the very few "possibles" weren't interested in me.

One of the best ways to meet compatible people is to get involved in social groups and activities and just get out there. Taking up new interests are great ways to meet folks, especially activities where the gender balance is in your favor.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well at least you found out in time to stop the child support payments from happening, The only thing worse than spending one day with the wrong person is spending two days with the wrong person!! :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    The interesting thing is that E harmony keeps matching her with gun toting conservatives... maybe thats what she is screaming for... (insert joke here).

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    A fair number of women think they are liberal and anti-gun, but later find out they are not. (My wife). Really not.

1. Some of them grow out of it.
    2. If they answer an e-harmony quiz and are dissapointed that they are getting matched up with red-neck republican gun toters, then they lied on the quiz or they need to do some introspection and figure out what they really want to be when they grow up.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    2. If they answer an e-harmony quiz and are dissapointed that they are getting matched up with red-neck republican gun toters, then they lied on the quiz or they need to do some introspection and figure out what they really want to be when they grow up.

That's a two way street. You guessed the girls need to do some introspection, I wonder if the guys do too.

Either that or all e-harmony gets is red-neck republican gun toters, all the other guys are gay, and on another site!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The interesting thing is that E harmony keeps matching her with gun toting conservatives... maybe thats what she is screaming for... (insert joke here).

I'm with you on this one. Twice in a row now she has picked guys to date that aren't the spineless, "politically correct", treehugging, weak-d**k, libtard, metrosexual nancy-boys that she has been brainwashed into believing are the type of "men" she should date.

Soooo, if the chick was otherwise attractive, I would give her a chance to prove how "tolerant" she is, and challenge her to come to the shooting range for the next meet up. This would serve several purposes, listed in order of importance; more trigger time for you :draw: , a chance to prove how "tolerant" she is of opposing viewpoints, a chance to possibly make a new shooter/:ingo: member, and if she finally gets a clue from the above, a chance to...:grabass::naughty:

Of course if she was a wildebeast/war-pig :laugh: ...NEXT!!!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    To make a long story short - I gave eHarmony a try in an attempt to meet someone. I went on a first date with one of the girls they matched me with tonight. We met up for coffee and after 45 minutes it was going great...until:

She asked me how many girls I had gone out with from the site and I asked her the same. She said the first date was "ok" but lacked a connection. The second guy, however, she said was a disaster. She said the guy seemed normal and she was having a good time until she found out he was a "crazy gun-toting Republican weirdo". "Oh, ya?" I said. "He told me he had a gun with him! What kind of guy is paranoid enough to think they have to carry a gun with them?" - she says.

I'm sure my jaw dropped a little. I paused for a few seconds and said... "Oh." And paused again. I think she picked up on it, but I explained why I have and carry guns - my father was LEO, learned to shoot at 6yo, and I understand there are people in society that would do harm to innocent people for no reason.

She spent 10 minutes back-tracking then changed the subject altogether. The date lasted another extremely awkward 30 minutes before we left... She never thanked me for buying her coffee.

Obviously a product of one of our "progressive" institutes of higher education. Most likely had an Obama sticker on her car and a picture of Al Gore in her wallet. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom