• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I don't OC and it doesn't bother me a bit to see people doing so. Don't see why you feel the need to be so insulting about, either. If you feel intimidated then remove yourself from the area when someone OC's. It's obvious that you DO care or you wouldn't have expressed yourself the way you did. Bet there's blowback from that.

meh, just giving my opinion

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Pilot, you do understand that having Black people sitting at the lunch counter or the front of the bus or using "White" bathrooms and water fountains, to say nothing of having people of different races wanting to be together and even *GASP!* to marry made many people uneasy, right?

It was not until 1968 (I think; within a couple of years anyway) that a White man was allowed to kiss a Black woman on television (William Shatner/Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek, "Plato's Stepchildren") and even then, it was in the context of their behavior being telekinetically controlled by others.

Further, Rosa Parks, MLK, etc. WERE thinking of others besides themselves: They were thinking of the generations that followed them. They were thinking of a day like today when there are no "Black" or "White" bathrooms, there are only bathrooms.

To carry a firearm openly today is not so dissimilar... it's just the fight of today, and with fewer people fighting it. A peaceable, lawful gun owner should not be required to hide his pistol any more than he has to hide his watch, his knife clip, or his cell phone clipped to his belt.

That's how I see it, anyway.

Blessings,
    Bill

billofrightsrep.jpg

:xmad:

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Uh, yaahh...
    when I think about it though, carrying a gun in the open for everyone to see, when your not an official, or wearing some kind of uniform...well, its kind of stupid looking. Why do you want everyone to see you carrying a gun tough guy? (small penis)
    Its just going to make everyone uncomfortable, you are just letting it out there that your penis is small.

I don't care what gun or superdupertuck holster you have, carrying a full frame gun inside the waistband is not as comfortable as carrying outside the waistband. I was in BC for the weekend to camp and do some shooting. I had to drive to the gas station for some ice. I'm pretty sure it didn't make everyone feel uncomfortable. I feel uncomfortable every time I see stupid thugs with neck tats anywhere around me, I don't see them stopping because I'm not comfortable. But when it comes down to it, it's the only way I can really show everyone how small my penis really is. I would just whip it out for them if I wouldn't be charged with indecent exposure.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    when I think about it though, carrying a gun in the open for everyone to see, when your not an official, or wearing some kind of uniform...well, its kind of stupid looking. Why do you want everyone to see you carrying a gun tough guy? (small penis)

Its just going to make everyone uncomfortable, you are just letting it out there that your penis is small.

Sorry, I really dont care that much, I just keep seeing these threads

I'd say you do care, enough to revert to calling those who OC "stupid looking" and saying we have small penises. :dunno: I don't get it. Why are you so threatened by it?

I must have missed the part of the Second Amendment where it stated that "The right to keep and BEAR arms openly and without shame is reserved for those who wear a uniform with a shiny badge". Interesting...I think I'll reread it again and see where I missed that part.

I also feel the need to ask the (rhetorical) question: Why DON'T you want everyone to see that you're carrying a gun?

For the record, I don't OC to impress you. I don't care if OC doesn't mesh with your sense of fashion. :gheyhi: I ESPECIALLY don't care if you think I OC because I'm compensating for a "small penis", as you so politely phrased it. :rolleyes: I'd have to ask why you even bring up size, when you're the one indicating that you're uncomfortable with the mundane act of OC a firearm. I'm happy with all 20 inches God endowed me with, and carrying a firearm openly for the defense of myself and others has nothing to do with it. :dunno: :n00b:

Look, I try to be civil when discussing this issue. I have to say that when you start accusing people of compensating for the "size" of their genitalia, trying to be "tough guys", and being "stupid-looking", it gets you nowhere. You choose to CC by cramming your firearm inside your waistband, pocket, whatever. (Most of the time) I choose to OC by attaching a holster to my belt and comfortably going about my day.

We don't need to Brady Bunch to sanction restrictions on gun-owners. We have gun-owners doing so already. :dunno: It's a sad thing. It shouldn't be the schism that it is.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Nicely put, and repped.

I'd like to think that in your position, I'd have responded to the woman behind you by turning, smiling at her, and answering her "Oh my God!" with, "No Ma'am... I just work for Him." and turning back to complete my business.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thank you :D

To be honest with you, I had no idea that she was upset about my firearm. It was only after we exited the building that my fiancee told me that the woman had literally pointed at my pistol while making her rude exclamation. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but my first thought isn't regarding my firearm when someone makes a generic angry remark. :dunno:

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    In fact, more of a screening than I had to have to get my pilot's license.

Same screening minus the fingerprints. When your medical application gets to OKC, they run a records check on you. You authorize it when you sign at the AME's office for the medical. Your information is run through DHS once that info for your student pilots certificate/medical is run.

By the way, you don't have a license. You have a certificate. The only licenses are the commercial and ATP.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Same screening minus the fingerprints. When your medical application gets to OKC, they run a records check on you. You authorize it when you sign at the AME's office for the medical. Your information is run through DHS once that info for your student pilots certificate/medical is run.

By the way, you don't have a license. You have a certificate. The only licenses are the commercial and ATP.

There was no DHS when I got my certificate. (Oops, gotta take that back, they had been created by then.) And without fingerprints, any criminal background check is worthless, depending on the honesty of the person providing the info.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    There was no DHS when I got my certificate. And without fingerprints, any criminal background check is worthless, depending on the honesty of the person providing the info.

Before DHS, all information was verified via the FBI. Has been since 1990. Now that it can be done electronically, it is done in hours rather than days or weeks. Every time you renew your medical, you are run. And they can do random checks anytime they want. They also run your name against the SSA database. You would be pretty stupid to lie on the application. And if you did, in these days, you would get busted at some point. It happens everyday. They even do random checks on logbook records. I had a friend audited when he applied for his ATP. And they took the time to go through his logbook and check his math.

Your name is cross referenced against numerous federal records before it is said and done. And if they have questions regarding if you are who you say you are, they contact the state DMV for your photo ID there.

Pulling one over on the FAA would be a tough one. But if you do, they will find out and will throw the book at you. And Im not talking about your log book!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I applied for my LTCH and my student pilots certificate the same week back in 1989 and the LTCH app was much longer then the student pilots app, I'm sure things have changed since then but I think the point is people with LTCH are vetted by the state.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    I applied for my LTCH and my student pilots certificate the same week back in 1989 and the LTCH app was much longer then the student pilots app, I'm sure things have changed since then but I think the point is people with LTCH are vetted by the state.

Student pilot certificate is just a piece of paper. You cant do anything without a CFI holding your hand.

I have seen two people who passed their checkride, and got letters from the FAA saying they were not able to issue a pilots certificate for one reason or another. The background checks do work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom