• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I walked out of a gas station yesterday in Nashville IN and was stopped by a Brown County Sheriffs Deputy. I think he noticed me walk in with it and waited for me to walk out. He just asked for my LTCH (he asked for a permit) so I grabbed my wallet out and handed it to him. After about 10 seconds of looking at it he said he was looking for the expiration date. I told him that he wouldn't find one since it was a Lifetime LTCH. He said that it would draw attention by carrying it out in the open, then asked if I was looking to get attention. The encounter lasted about 1 minute and I was on my way. I'm just glad he didn't take my gun and unload it or anything dumb like that. +1 for the Brown County Sheriffs Department.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Can't we start a thread called "Where did you get hassled OCing today" just like the "Where did you OC today"?

:popcorn:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    INGO shall now answer the question on why we OC with.

Because you guys are too heavy to carry around on our shoulder.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    My MIL lives there, maybe I should start OC when in town?

It sounds like he broke the law by asking you for your LTCH.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I've carried every day for forty years.
    Never OC'd.
    I saw no need to impress anyone by exposing my firearm.
    Never had a hassle.
    Never had a problem.
    Sorry, but no sympathy for anyone who does have a problem.
    There's a great deal of responsibility that goes with carrying the power of life and death with you. And that's EXACTLY what carrying a side arm confers.
    Just because something is legal doesn't mean that you are required to do it in a manner that scares the average Citizen, who usually see a gun as a threat.
    :twocents:
    Mike

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Never OC'd.
    Never had a hassle.
    Never had a problem.
    There's a great deal of responsibility that goes with carrying the power of life and death with you. And that's EXACTLY what carrying a side arm confers.
    Just because something is legal doesn't mean that you are required to do it in a manner that scares the average Citizen, who usually see a gun as a threat.
    Mike

:eek:

:):

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Never OC'd.
    Never had a hassle.
    Never had a problem.
    Mike

So the main reason I Open Carry is because I want to impress people? You think that the average citizen is scared at the site of a gun?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So the main reason I Open Carry is because I want to impress people? You think that the average citizen is scared at the site of a gun?
    I didn't mention you, or anyone else by name.
    I was stating my reason for carrying concealed.
    And YES!!!!!
    After twenty three years in Law enforcement I know FOR A FACT that the average Citizen will see a firearm as a threat.
    As will damn near any Police Officer who wants to go home at the end of his shift.
    Mike

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I didn't mention you, or anyone else by name.
    I was stating my reason for carrying concealed.
    And YES!!!!!
    After twenty three years in Law enforcement I know FOR A FACT that the average Citizen will see a firearm as a threat.
    As will damn near any Police Officer who wants to go home at the end of his shift.
    Mike

So you are immediately scared of every holstered gun you see on someone not in uniform?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Never OC'd.
    Never had a hassle.
    Never had a problem.
    Mike

Just a clarification. You mention that you have Never OC'd, but then later state the years that you have been in Law Enforcement. So did you CC while in Law Enforcement too?

I'm fat. Sometimes, OC is the only way to comfortable carry a firearm. Many would say it is a problem that the average citizen is scared of a firearm being legally and sensibly carried. I don't OC often, but I do do it. Rest assured, I and others who have done extensive learning and training about the legal and physical aspects of self defense, fully understand the life and death aspect of it. You don't have to patronize. Some citizens might actually be better trained than law enforcement. :eek:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom