• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    What did they say when you called the firehouse.
    The same old BS; we will look into it and thanks for calling. My dad is a retired police officer and wonders if he is a reserve deputy. My dad did not know him. Even at that he still had no business asking to see my license. Most of the local police know me so I do not get asked much around town. So I was shocked he asked.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Just F'ing ignore him. Get the dept and unit# off the FD vehicle in the lot, note time of day, and report it to his captain. Don't give a crap if it was FireCop, it is not within his power to approach you about a firearm, unless it is actually on fire!

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    This thread is full of stupid from multiple points.

So where or how do you feel there was justification for the person in asking for a LTCH, under threat of LEO involvement for not complying with the request, from an individual with no leagal or moral right to ask?

Firemen are public servants, brave selfless men no doubt, but not keepers of the sheeple! Fireman fight fires and investigate arson, they do not enforce public law outside fire codes!

Last edited:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I'm going to go ahead and stir some more ****, but I seriously question the validity of the original story. Where did this happen? What department? I will all but guarantee the majority of fire chiefs at paid departments would take this extremely seriously.

Secondly, being a Paramedic myself (and retired career firefighter), I completely call BS to the story about the crash patient who was talked into going to the hospital and then found dead on arrival to the hospital due to all those drugs the evil EMT's gave him.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm going to go ahead and stir some more ****, but I seriously question the validity of the original story.

I've been holding back myself. I call :bs: for several other reasons. Lack of facts, and details that are purposefully held back. Firehouse phone numbers aren't public, so how did you get it? Most officer's don't have a chance to answer the phone, us lower folks do, and unless specifically asked to be paged could care less. Not every crew has a Captain, at the operations level, nobody "looks into it" for any reason, we could care less, call the admin office. Just one man's opinion though. The car crash story was completely ridiculous.

The more probably story was that FFs were flirting with the girl behind the counter and never even knew you were behind them.
    And I guarantee couldn't give a rat's backside about your damn LTCH.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    This behavior is not characteristic of firemen that I've known.

It is characteristic of douches that I've known.

Ignore that he is a fireman - it is irrelevant.

Treat him as a non-LEO douche.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm going to go ahead and stir some more ****, but I seriously question the validity of the original story. Where did this happen? What department? I will all but guarantee the majority of fire chiefs at paid departments would take this extremely seriously.

Secondly, being a Paramedic myself (and retired career firefighter), I completely call BS to the story about the crash patient who was talked into going to the hospital and then found dead on arrival to the hospital due to all those drugs the evil EMT's gave him.

I've been holding back myself. I call :bs: for several other reasons. Lack of facts, and details that are purposefully held back. Firehouse phone numbers aren't public, so how did you get it? Most officer's don't have a chance to answer the phone, us lower folks do, and unless specifically asked to be paged could care less. Not every crew has a Captain, at the operations level, nobody "looks into it" for any reason, we could care less, call the admin office. Just one man's opinion though. The car crash story was completely ridiculous.

:nuts: :tinfoil:

It's all a huge conspiracy. :laugh:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

The more probably story was that FFs were flirting with the girl behind the counter and never even knew you were behind them.

Wow. What a fantastic attitude. A fireman couldn't POSSIBLY act like a jackwagon, and when he does, it's nice to know that you really don't give a damn. :rolleyes:

Also, it's not difficult to obtain a phone number. I've skip-traced for a number of years and I can tell you that nothing is private---nothing.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove

+1 Redneckmedic. I was thinking along the same lines on the original interaction at Arby's. The girl behind the counter was probably attractive and the "douche" firefighters got some attention that the OP didn't. Redneckmedic is right about the call to the station. The officers are not the ones answering the phone most of the time and if you tell your story to the person who answers you may just have told the story to the guy you are complaining on. If it did happen, sorry about your experience with those firefighters but most of us as has already been post could care less that you were carrying.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The girl behind the counter was probably attractive and the "douche" firefighters got some attention that the OP didn't.

LOL, the fire fighters can have all the fast food cashiers their heart desires...I certainly won't try to steal any from them.

I would like to hear ddenny's take on this, but he hasn't been online today.

Top Bottom