• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yes, the presumption is that this facility isn't one of the exempted places. I figured the OP would have covered that aspect with his friend before posting here.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Off topic...but how do you post a link like that, and name it something else?

See the little tools in your reply box where you can change the font size and color ? Next to the smileys icon, there's a hyperlink icon that looks like this (but smaller):
    using%20hyperlinks_clip_image002.jpg

Just highlight the words you want to appear in the comment, and while they are highlighted, click that tool. It will ask you for the link you want to hide inside the highlighted words...paste it in the box offered, and click "OK". Voila. :)

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Off topic...but how do you post a link like that, and name it something else?

First, get a copy of the URL that you want people to go to. Highlight the address bar by clicking in it and then press the Control-a. The whole bar should be darkened. Then hit Control-c to capture the address

Place your cursor where you want it to be on the post and type the text that you want it to be... such as

Good Article that Everyone Should Read.

Highlight that text by dragging your cursor over it.]

click on the little icon button above this that has a ball and chain. It will open and give you a place to copy the URL address you have. Save it and then save the post. The URL will now be hidden in the text.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, the presumption is that this facility isn't one of the exempted places. I figured the OP would have covered that aspect with his friend before posting here.

I'm assuming this was in response to me...

We are assuming the average employee would have been informed that their site is under the regulation of Homeland Security for the reasons I mentioned. I would bet that knowledge is not widely known in the effected facilities.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just curious, but what can he gain from the lawyer, to me it seems like if he got his job back he would be fired immediately for something else that would be legal. Can he get lost wages or something? not trying to be a smart alec or anything I really just would like to know. I completely agree that it is BS to be fired for having a gun in your vehicle, I do it every day and there are several in the office here.

The green poultice will cure him of his mental anguish he has suffered as a result of this wrongful termination. The employer screwed the pooch by specifying the reason for termination, assuming it was indeed done. Which does make me wonder if they are an exempted place of business.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Formatting is such

[ url = www. url. com] TEXT YOU WANT TO TYPE [/url]

Remove the spaces in the URL though.

See the little tools in your reply box where you can change the font size and color ? Next to the smileys icon, there's a hyperlink icon that looks like this (but smaller):
    using%20hyperlinks_clip_image002.jpg

Just highlight the words you want to appear in the comment, and while they are highlighted, click that tool. It will ask you for the link you want to hide inside the highlighted words...paste it in the box offered, and click "OK". Voila. :)

First, get a copy of the URL that you want people to go to. Highlight the address bar by clicking in it and then press the Control-a. The whole bar should be darkened. Then hit Control-c to capture the address

Place your cursor where you want it to be on the post and type the text that you want it to be... such as

Good Article that Everyone Should Read.

Highlight that text by dragging your cursor over it.]

click on the little icon button above this that has a ball and chain. It will open and give you a place to copy the URL address you have. Save it and then save the post. The URL will now be hidden in the text.

Hit reply with quote on her post and you can see exactly how she did it....

Thanks!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    IC 34-28-7(2) has the effect of prohibiting; an employee of the person, including a contract employee, from possessing a firearm or ammunition that is locked in the trunk of the employee's vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the employee's locked vehicle, or stored out of plain sight in the employee's locked vehicle.

The way I read the law it only prevents the employer from telling you that you cannot have it out there it does not stop the employer from firing you

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Should the OP's friend NOT have been fired even though it violated company policy; regardless of the law on the books? Seems like an over-reach by govt, to me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I agree with you, but if I'm expected to obey the laws I don't agree with (all drug laws, seatbelt laws, smoking ban, firearms laws, etc) or face the consequences, then I expect the employers to abide by the same rules.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Should the OP's friend NOT have been fired even though it violated company policy; regardless of the law on the books? Seems like an over-reach by govt, to me.
    Regardless of the law? How does that work?

"Oh, well, you didn't mean to hit and kill that mother of 5 when you were driving home from the bars. Since you didn't mean to, regardless of the law, we won't take you to jail or prosecute you for it?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That was an argument debated here pretty extensively back at the time. I think there is an argument to be made for both sides of that. I take it that you come down on the side of the supremacy of private property rights. If so I assume you are also against anti-smoking laws in private businesses.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That was an argument debated here pretty extensively back at the time. I think there is an argument to be made for both sides of that. I take it that you come down on the side of the supremacy of private property rights. If so I assume you are also against anti-smoking laws in private businesses.

Very much against govt telling a private business what legal acts are acceptable on their property; even smoking.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Regardless of the law? How does that work?

"Oh, well, you didn't mean to hit and kill that mother of 5 when you were driving home from the bars. Since you didn't mean to, regardless of the law, we won't take you to jail or prosecute you for it?

Regardless or "not taking into consideration." Try reading that way, and the context might take hold.

Top Bottom