• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    They way I understand it is the law protects you from a wrongful termination meaning out of sight in a locked vehicle and not on the exception list. Yes, they can fire me because they don't like my shirt, but to state the termination is because of a firearm in the car would not be wise.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    So they bring him back and then fire him because they can, don't really need a reason unless they fight unemployment, you have to prove they did something "wrong" in firing

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    What action are you going to take, in Indiana it's employment at will, you can be let go for any or no reason, contracts and union representation can help IF they choose to

Again, read what I posted. If you are fired for having a firearm in your car, you can sue the company for certain restitution.
    So they bring him back and then fire him because they can, don't really need a reason unless they fight unemployment, you have to prove they did something "wrong" in firing

Does reading escape you, or do you just skip posts and assume you know what you're talking about?

IC 34-28-7-3 Civil actions
    Sec. 3. (a) An individual who believes that the individual has been harmed by a violation of section 2 of this chapter may bring a civil action against the person who is alleged to have violated section 2 of this chapter, other than a person set forth in IC 34-6-2-103(j)(2).
    (b) If a person is found by a court, in an action brought under subsection (a), to have violated section 2 of this chapter, the court may do the following:
    (1) Award:
    (A) actual damages; and
    (B) court costs and attorney's fees; to the prevailing individual.
    (2) Enjoin further violations of this chapter.
    As added by P.L.90-2010, SEC.7.

nobek102

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    That seems crazy especially if the termination states the reason was because of the firearm... A good lawyer should e able to clear things up!

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but some casting facilities use chemicals that are regulated by Homeland Security. If they exceed certain thresholds of those chemicals being present on their site, they are exempted from the parking lot law.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.... Mittal (Inland Steel) up here was pulling that Homeland Security stuff on their employees due to the fact that they had "an international port" on Lake Michigan.

Top Bottom