• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Cheap guns MAY work for self defense, then again they may not. It all depends on the gun, shooter, circumstances. I don't consider myself a gun snob but I do like quality. When I buy something I want it to work. Most of my guns are for home, farm and personal defense. I do have a S&W 625 Performance Center that I like to shoot sometimes. It's obviously not for carry and rarely comes out of the safe to play.

Shooting a cheap gun on a square range is one thing. Taking it to a training class or possibly rolling around and fighting with someone during a struggle is something else entirely. Ask those who take a Model 1 to a carbine class how they enjoyed it.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Interesting observation here. When I attend training courses guess what I see in most holsters. Glock, MP, Sig, XDm and 1911 (not cheap ones). Often times these classes include handgun instructors and law enforcement. What does this observation suggest?

That broke people,such as myself,can't afford training.All of those people have decent- to well-paying jobs.A janitor's salary will barely afford you the gun and just enough ammo to fill it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why is it, when a lot of a poster's posts use the words or phrases "I can't afford", do they start a post about "elitists" or gun snobs? Just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean it's not superior to a Taurus, or HiPoint, or Jennings! Just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's superior either! I submit that you would be hard pressed to find a sub $400 new center fire fighting handgun that would truly measure up to a $425-500 G19! Am I an elitist because I buy the very best I can afford, or save til I can afford it? I have a stable ful of Glocks,all 9mm, split nearly evenly between 19's and 26's, why, because they work! That is it, they work! I hate the look, would much rather they look like my Wilson CQB, but they don't. BTW, I used to be a 1911 snob too! Justify what you do and buy however you need.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That broke people,such as myself,can't afford training.All of those people have decent- to well-paying jobs.A janitor's salary will barely afford you the gun and just enough ammo to fill it.
    broke can be fixed if you wish it to be, and is not an excuse!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Been there-Done That..

Hang in there--Most of us have been where you're at.
    Me--Married @ 18, Daddy @ 22, second one on the way @ 23.
    Auto Tech in training..

Worked day job, pumped gas @ night, did 'Side Jobs' when I could for Gun/Beer $$..Brake job here-Carb overhaul (NOW THAT DATES ME..HA HA..) there, no start here+there.

As time went on, I bought my first revolver==High Standard Sentinel Deluxe==Yes, a $65.00 pistol at the time. Wish I still had that little gun-Shot a lot of snakes with it..

Hang in there..It will get better...Bill.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

That is a fair statement. Not to pick on you my friend, but I think I remember you mentioning in a thread that you carried a Glock 21 with TLR-1. I am thinking 45 because you also mentioned a 1911. Glock + 1911 = Gun Snob. Welcome to the club buddy, we have cookies. Problem is nobody will teach me the secret handshake. I am still sore about that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Everyone can afford some level of training. Right here on INGO, Coach offers an excellent 4 hr intermediate pistol class that only costs $60 (plus approx 200-250 rds of ammo.)

You might have to save up all year for it, but you'll learn some solid techniques you can practice the rest of the year.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That is a fair statement. Not to pick on you my friend, but I think I remember you mentioning in a thread that you carried a Glock 21 with TLR-1. I am thinking 45 because you also mentioned a 1911. Glock + 1911 = Gun Snob. Welcome to the club buddy, we have cookies. Problem is nobody will teach me the secret handshake. I am still sore about that.

I know for a fact he's got a Springfield Armory 1911 A1 Loaded. That's Churchmouse level snobbery :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Are you tryin to tell me that CM is a bully and a snob?? :runaway:

CM will not even touch a Glock. The one time he did it bit him. Glocks and the CM don't mix. He even seems to havd a thing against Colt and Kimber. So snob maybe, bully not really, a big meany you bet.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I carry a gun everyday that didn't cost near $500.

Do share.

Very first carry gun I bought was a used FEG Hi Power clone for $180. Up until then I carried a hand me down Charter Arms revolver. I even have even owned and carried Taurus 85s. All cost $250 or less.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    CM will not even touch a Glock. The one time he did it bit him. Glocks and the CM don't mix. He even seems to havd a thing against Colt and Kimber. So snob maybe, bully not really, a big meany you bet.

I'm honestly surprised he's even touched a Glock. They can tell when you're scared, that's probably why it got him!

Top Bottom