• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I finally finished my AR. I bought the last couple of accessories at the Indy 1500 this weekend. Overall a very fun experience at the build party and the process of finding the parts.

Spike's Tactical Lower w/ RR LPK
    Leaper 6-Position Stock
    Hogue AR15 Grip
    Rock River 16" Chrome Lined Flattop Receiver
    Magpul MBUS Rear Sight
    $5 Web Sling :)
    complete_ar15.jpg

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    hey really like the gun, out of curiosity, is it really more cost effective to build one then to buy one? i have been dabbling with the idea, just curious to get the perspective of someone that has actually done it.....

kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    @jp828108 - I decided to build my first one just to gain the experience and knowledge of putting one together. I like to tinker and understand how everything works, so this was the best option for me. With that being said, I have right at $800 with everything. I spent a little extra on the upper because I wanted something that would last.

@Xmil - I ordered a BSA RGB scope the other day. I wanted to start out simple, would love to have an EOTech, just don't have the money currently.

I am hoping to get out to the range in the next week or so. I will definitely update and let you know how the BSA works out.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    hey really like the gun, out of curiosity, is it really more cost effective to build one then to buy one? i have been dabbling with the idea, just curious to get the perspective of someone that has actually done it.....
    It can be, but usually it ends up initially being more expensive than one off of the rack. But you get to build, exactly what you want, so that is the only way i go.

kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been out to the range yet, was waiting on my red dot, which came yesterday. The MBUS lays flat and even with the optics can still see the front sight. I will update more after my trip to the range, hopefully, fingers crossed, soon. :) I looked around at all the other flip up rear sights, for my first build I didn't want to spend 100+ on a iron sight. I have read a lot of reviews, some love em' some hater em'. I will try to get some closer pictures up with the optics and sight in action.

Top Bottom