• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    '76 I was heading to Lackland AFB for basic. Then off to learn how to protect the world from those ruskies. Also first & last time I voted absentee. Don't remember who I even voted for. Ended up in New York state & discovered that no fault insurance really SUCKED.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    All I'll say is that I got my license in the 90s. Failed the driving portion of the test because I couldn't parallel park.... I've lived in ALABAMA nobody does that!

Parallel Parking was part of the test in Ohio. Dad was a traffic cop and had taken me out many times, to practice before the test.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    78, I was in high school. I remember how patriotic everyone was for the bicentennial. I wish people felt the same these days. Our youth have been raise to despise our past. And not to embrace the great strives we have made. :rolleyes:

My how things have changed in 40 years.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Got my license in '06 lived here in Indiana at the time. Took the test in a 97 Tiburon I had at the time, I had a lot of fun in that car.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I was 13 years old, bused to (2) new schools (had the time of my life), wheeling a Schwinn Pea Picker, playing all the sports, helping my father work on his cars and shooting my guns. Girls were the furthest thing on my mind.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    In 1979 I was living with my Dad in Princeton, IN when I turned 16

I moved back to Muncie, IN the 2nd semester and was unable to take Drivers Ed.
    So I had to wait until I was 16 and 6 months old before I cold get my DL.

That put me into Januay of 1980 before I took my written and driving test. My girlfriend had a 1971 Camaro that she let me take the driving test in.

If if you took Drivers Ed you could get your DL when you were 16 one month and one day old. Never did understand that nonsense.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In 1979 I was living with my Dad in Princeton, IN when I turned 16

I moved back to Muncie, IN the 2nd semester and was unable to take Drivers Ed.
    So I had to wait until I was 16 and 6 months old before I cold get my DL.

That put me into Januay of 1980 before I took my written and driving test. My girlfriend had a 1971 Camaro that she let me take the driving test in.

If if you took Drivers Ed you could get your DL when you were 16 one month and one day old. Never did understand that nonsense.

As our esteemed neighbor Leadeye is fond of saying, follow the money. If you take Driver's Ed, you get those six extra months as a reward for your donation to the machine.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    As our esteemed neighbor Leadeye is fond of saying, follow the money. If you take Driver's Ed, you get those six extra months as a reward for your donation to the machine.

I paid the machine. 1 month and one day after my 16th birthday, I skipped school, drove my '67 Camaro RS to the license branch, and had a great day. :rockwoot:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Not sure about feeding the machine when I was in school. It was a regular class available at High School.

I think feeding the machine came along when my girls were in HS.
    I had to pay $300 plus for each one of my girls to take drivers training in the summer taught by a teacher from the HS

After riding with them a couple times the money was well spent since I don't drink or do drugs. That ride was just too much sober.

Top Bottom