Federal agent shoots ankle charging rat terrier in Fishers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Thanks for checking in..

Thanks Liberty for checking in on this topic.

Some of the Noobs should check his experience to a similuar encounter..Bill.

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    This is exactly what happens when political hacks are hired and get a Badge and a Gun. It is a Shame that Federal Law Enforcement jobs are not filled with the most qualified. Do to his current political connections, this will die out, nothing happened here and he, as someone else said is destined to become a real tragedy unless he does an about face. Of course these self important people never learn. Karma can be a Real Itch and he eventually will receive the Mother Lode :noway:

Sierra117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    lebanon
    I heard about this and didnt believe it until i seen in on ch 8 FB page. This is my brother in laws wifes dog. Its an annoying ankle biter for sure. I've been around it before and it barks but has never bitten anyone. He shot the dog twice, the front and back leg, because it "barked" at him, it didnt grab his pant leg or bite him what so ever. The vet says the front leg may have to be amputated and the rear leg has a steel plate holding it together wrapped in a cast. If any of us tried this we'd be in jail right now. The Marshall has been given 30 days to move and the apartment complex is moving my sister in law to a different apartment on the otherside of the complex because she and my niece are freaked out about guns now thanks to this guy. She has an attorney now so i can imagine this will get worse before its over. I just hope we dont have to see this lawyer on local media going on about gun control as if we dont have enough to deal with now.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I heard about this and didnt believe it until i seen in on ch 8 FB page. This is my brother in laws wifes dog. Its an annoying ankle biter for sure. I've been around it before and it barks but has never bitten anyone. He shot the dog twice, the front and back leg, because it "barked" at him, it didnt grab his pant leg or bite him what so ever. The vet says the front leg may have to be amputated and the rear leg has a steel plate holding it together wrapped in a cast. If any of us tried this we'd be in jail right now. The Marshall has been given 30 days to move and the apartment complex is moving my sister in law to a different apartment on the otherside of the complex because she and my niece are freaked out about guns now thanks to this guy. She has an attorney now so i can imagine this will get worse before its over. I just hope we dont have to see this lawyer on local media going on about gun control as if we dont have enough to deal with now.

Was the dog running loose? If not is your SIL going to press charges on the Marshall??

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Federal agent shoots [his own] ankle [while] charging [a] rat terrier in Fishers"?

It makes for a more interesting mental image, anyway... :)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    In my line of work I am in and out of the homes of elderly people all the time. Small breed lap dogs seem to be pretty common in the homes of elderly people. I cannot count how many times I have been bit by these "ankle biters". They very rarely even get through my pants to break the skin. There is no reason he should have shot this dog. No I was not there but come on. I can see using force against a larger breed dog that could actually inflict damage. That is not the case here.

How strong does a dog have to be to transmit rabies?

Sierra117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    lebanon
    Was the dog running loose? If not is your SIL going to press charges on the Marshall??

From what my BIL tells me. The dog was on a retractable leash, they had to cut the leash of becasue when the marshall shot the dog in the front leg it folded the leg back around where the leash hooks. She has an attorney and he advised her not to comment to the media or put anything on social media.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Thank you..

From what my BIL tells me. The dog was on a retractable leash, they had to cut the leash of becasue when the marshall shot the dog in the front leg it folded the leg back around where the leash hooks. She has an attorney and he advised her not to comment to the media or put anything on social media.

Thanks for the info. Please post back here when you can..Bill.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Your SIL is not suppose to comment but you are??? also in your first statement you contridicted yourself in red. Don't take this wrong I am not meaning to be smart but perhaps everyone even related should not comment.

I really don't see a case here. Bad judgement...probably however, if the dog was in his yard not sure how you will win.

What will probably happen is if the OI investigation shows he was withhin the scope of his employment then civilly he is off the hook and the GOV will pick up any civil amount. Again not defending anything but been involved in FED LE for a while and have seen a lot of OI's etc.

Sierra117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    lebanon
    Your SIL is not suppose to comment but you are??? also in your first statement you contridicted yourself in red. Don't take this wrong I am not meaning to be smart but perhaps everyone even related should not comment.

I really don't see a case here. Bad judgement...probably however, if the dog was in his yard not sure how you will win.

What will probably happen is if the OI investigation shows he was withhin the scope of his employment then civilly he is off the hook and the GOV will pick up any civil amount. Again not defending anything but been involved in FED LE for a while and have seen a lot of OI's etc.

"ankle biter" term applied to a small dog... This happend in a multi-family apartment complex. The grass areas not fenced are typically "common area's". This was in neither his or her yard and considering this was in a populated apartment complex i'd consider it more than bad judgement.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "ankle biter" term applied to a small dog... This happend in a multi-family apartment complex. The grass areas not fenced are typically "common area's". This was in neither his or her yard and considering this was in a populated apartment complex i'd consider it more than bad judgement.

You have added an interesting dimension to the story, but it may, as previously suggested, be advisable not to air the laundry in public until the matter is closed in court.

Top Bottom