• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wonder if that "You know how I feel about guns..." mindset is going to persist throughout the series... or get turned around real quick. He definitely has that bleeding-heart thing going strong. Needs a quick slap of reality to knock it out of him.

Beat me to it.

Bet he changes his mind.
    Question is, who's going to die to cause him to change it.

That's why I asked who has to die for him to change his mind.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When you think about it, there are about 10 dumb ones for every smart person. The barber has a history and education on crazy and violent. It remains to be seen if he'll get everyone organized. The "I hate guns" dad? Strap him to the front of the truck as a hood ornament.

But, in a way, perhaps the guy is doing a service for gun owners. Perhaps some audience member opposed to guns might look at the riots and the inability to rely on anyone else and say: Hey, maybe I need to get some MRE's, and water, and (shudder) a gun....just in case.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Holy Crap! What an insufferable pu**y the main character is.

If they intend for him to learn and grow a pair it's one thing, but I can't tolerate much more of that. Life is too short to purposely do things that irritate me.

Not only did he do the classic "you know how I feel about guns" at what could conceivably be the most incredibly stupid time to cling to such drivel, but he's also putting everyone else at risk by interfering with their instincts to survive.

If the character is supposed be a douche bag who will be redeemed, they'd better do it quickly.

Gun lecture even in the most desperate times. :rolleyes:

"You know how I feel about guns"

Now that's a dedicated hard core anti-gunner. Middle of the zombie apocalypse and he doesn't want a gun.

Should point to the "Susan" zombie and say, "Here's your son and wife if you don't learn how to defend yourself".

What an ass that guy is.

Beat me to it.

Bet he changes his mind.
    Question is, who's going to die to cause him to change it.

Did that dumbass weakling leave without taking the shotgun or did I miss something?

I really dislike Travis

Madison seems all right. At least she will nut up

The barber from El Salvador is my favorite character so far.

Since it's over now, I went back to the shotgun scene. Turned on the captions. I heard a single click each time, not a pump. The captions said, "Daniel cocks gun" each time.

The original walking dead made a big screw up worse that this on the pilot episode that just about kept me from watching the show. I quickly overlooked it once I watched more though.

Wonder if that "You know how I feel about guns..." mindset is going to persist throughout the series... or get turned around real quick. He definitely has that bleeding-heart thing going strong. Needs a quick slap of reality to knock it out of him.

That's why I asked who has to die for him to change his mind.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It's taking place in California so it would be unbelievable if there wasn't at least one character spewing their anti gun speak.

I like the way they contrast the realist and the urban wimp's perspective at the end. "The cavalry has arrived, it will get better soon" vs "it's already too late"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's taking place in California so it would be unbelievable if there wasn't at least one character spewing their anti gun speak.

I like the way they contrast the realist and the urban wimp's perspective at the end. "The cavalry has arrived, it will get better soon" vs "it's already too late"

I think it's a good plot device.
    If he switched over too fast (being against guns), then people that DO have a thing against guns might just switch off.
    But, how about bringing up situations one by one, breaking down their resistance.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I am sure there is some Bloomerburger out there saying "FINALLY! A zombie show that isn't all about shooting everything that moves. At least SOMEONE in this script has some sense."

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I think they are doing a good job of dealing with the confusion you would have when this started happening, Now the main buy needs to grow a pair but I think they are going to make blondie the hero here

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I really dislike Travis

Madison seems all right. At least she will nut up

The barber from El Salvador is my favorite character so far.

Especially his reply to Travis' "You know how I feel about guns..." with "The gun doesn't care how you feel."

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    When did AMC start requiring you to sign in to watch full episodes? I watched the first 2 on there no problem. Now I have to sign in to my provider and Dish isn't even listed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When did AMC start requiring you to sign in to watch full episodes? I watched the first 2 on there no problem. Now I have to sign in to my provider and Dish isn't even listed.

They give you a taste... then they make sure you're subscribed through your cable provider.

Same with Ray Donovan. First few episodes are free HD on-demand... after that you've got to be a Showtime subscriber. (Or just find them elsewhere)

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    They give you a taste... then they make sure you're subscribed through your cable provider.

Same with Ray Donovan. First few episodes are free HD on-demand... after that you've got to be a Showtime subscriber. (Or just find them elsewhere)

I guess I'll just have to watch it once it hits Netflix then. Sunday night is now football night.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm thinking they're setting this anti gun guy up as a big crybaby for now, but he's eventually gonna do great harm to zombies. Kind of like the missionary guy in the last Rambo movie that cried about all the violence around him, then wound up crushing the bad guys head with a rock.....anti gun whiner will be a bad ass of the highest order by seasons end, or early next season. Just think of all the storyline they can have with this guy "dealing " with what he's become. Where have we seen that before?

Or all his whining will get him killed next episode, who knows?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was thinking Travis would be a long-term character based on how high-profile an actor Clifton Collins is, but now I'm wondering if he might be not long for the show.

Did anyone see the plane bobbing and weaving in the air? Supposedly AMC is going to have a short set on a plane to introduce a character for next season. Wonder if that's related.

Loving the Salvadoran barber. Hope he sticks around for a while.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The hospital scene of the cops unloading on the parient/walker struck me has funny.
    Maggie or Glen would walked up to said walker and just stuck a knife in its scull. Why waste all that ammo?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The hospital scene of the cops unloading on the parient/walker struck me has funny.
    Maggie or Glen would walked up to said walker and just stuck a knife in its scull. Why waste all that ammo?

Nobody knows what is happening yet and we've seen a knife bounce off of a fresh zombie skull already. Maggie and Glen have the luxury of being long term survivors where most of the zombies are getting pretty gooey.

Of course, that doesn't explain being able to head-stab freshly killed zombies . . . D'OH! Continuity Issues! Continuity issues!

Top Bottom