• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Kind of like the first Walking Dead episode when Rick told the rookie to take off the safety when they were setting up the roadblock. Kid holds up a Glock and makes the motion with his thumb like taking the safety off of a 1911... I caught it right away and moaned out loud when I saw it. I said right away they needed a firearms consultant. Wish I was it, that would be a cool job... plus you probably get to be a zombie extra in scenes too.

Yep. That's the mistake I was talking about upthread. They had a firearms consultant then as well IIRC. That almost turned me off to the entire show. I liked everything else I saw so stuck with it and now it's one of my favorites. The world stops turning when the dead walk for me.

[video=youtube;LyRk24aIXdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRk24aIXdw[/video]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No. Do tell...

It's INGOer Mike Grasso. He did gun culture movie icon Heat as well as currently is the TA on Bones​ on Fox.

images

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kind of like the first Walking Dead episode when Rick told the rookie to take off the safety when they were setting up the roadblock. Kid holds up a Glock and makes the motion with his thumb like taking the safety off of a 1911.

It's a well-known fact that police in Joe-juh, I say, I say, carry Finnish Glocks which have thumb safeties. It was added realism.

glock-1024x679.jpg

Does he have a California carry permit?

Got me, maybe. But why do you think a retired 35 year veteran cop would need one?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How would I (or any of us) know he was a retired cop?

Because you can use a keyboard and google up IMDb?

And you know that he won the Police Medal of Valor because you google'd up his name and LAPD. And you know that his copstache was surgically implanted in recognition of his heroism.

grasso.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just because they have an advisor, does not mean they aren't going to override him.

That's a good point.

I asked a guy who was a medic on the set of Nash Bridges to say something to Don Johnson about his finger on the trigger when he was running and climbing (and not shooting). I thought he might want to set a good example. The message relayed back to me was that I should fornicate with myself. They had technical advisors on that show, but they were often ignored. And if they got a good take on a scene, they were not going to re-shoot it just to fix a gun handling mistake that most people wouldn't notice. It's not cost effective.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's a good point.

I asked a guy who was a medic on the set of Nash Bridges to say something to Don Johnson about his finger on the trigger when he was running and climbing (and not shooting). I thought he might want to set a good example. The message relayed back to me was that I should fornicate with myself. They had technical advisors on that show, but they were often ignored. And if they got a good take on a scene, they were not going to re-shoot it just to fix a gun handling mistake that most people wouldn't notice. It's not cost effective.

Don't forget about "artistic license" and "dramatic effect".

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm thinking they're setting this anti gun guy up as a big crybaby for now, but he's eventually gonna do great harm to zombies. Kind of like the missionary guy in the last Rambo movie that cried about all the violence around him, then wound up crushing the bad guys head with a rock.....anti gun whiner will be a bad ass of the highest order by seasons end, or early next season. Just think of all the storyline they can have with this guy "dealing " with what he's become. Where have we seen that before?

Or all his whining will get him killed next episode, who knows?

I think his "you know how I feel about guns" comment was overly-contrived and should have been used 2 episodes earlier, maybe like when they had the encounter with zombie Calvin.

I get that no one understands what's happening yet, or how they should react. But he's first portrayed as intelligent, then has 2 super-close encounters with walkers (Calvin and the neighbor, plus the ones they saw at a distance while on the road). And still he turns down a chance to learn how to defend himself?

If they took a fan vote, he'd be voted off the island .... or fed to the next walker.... whichever comes first.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think his "you know how I feel about guns" comment was overly-contrived and should have been used 2 episodes earlier, maybe like when they had the encounter with zombie Calvin.

I get that no one understands what's happening yet, or how they should react. But he's first portrayed as intelligent, then has 2 super-close encounters with walkers (Calvin and the neighbor, plus the ones they saw at a distance while on the road). And still he turns down a chance to learn how to defend himself?

If they took a fan vote, he'd be voted off the island .... or fed to the next walker.... whichever comes first.

Deeply held convictions are not dropped in a moment.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    This week was better thank goodness but, the stupidity level was still high. Knowing where a gun is located in a neighbors house, walking through a maze to get there, crackhead son knowing route thru maze while people that actually lived there didn't.

leaving shells at neighbors house, leaving doors open behind them, talking to the zombies even AFTER several close encounters with them. Oh, when they come out of the barber shop, his truck is miraculously undamaged.

the barber is by far my favorite character, hope he makes it but I see him going the way of Dale.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This week was better thank goodness but, the stupidity level was still high. Knowing where a gun is located in a neighbors house, walking through a maze to get there, crackhead son knowing route thru maze while people that actually lived there didn't.

leaving shells at neighbors house, leaving doors open behind them, talking to the zombies even AFTER several close encounters with them. Oh, when they come out of the barber shop, his truck is miraculously undamaged.

the barber is by far my favorite character, hope he makes it but I see him going the way of Dale.....

Think about this for a second, the stupidity level. Imagine this was actually going on, and here we are in Indiana watching it all unfold. I would bet the VAST majority of us would be thinking "yep idiots on drugs in California." Now let's say you encounter one a few hours later, a zombie, odds are your going to try and reason and talk to it, and in the process end up a meal. Even if you had seen what was going on prior, it would be VERY hard to wrap your mind around what's happening. Maybe, you could smoke a stranger, but someone you know? A neighbor, a relative, a coworker? It would be incredibly hard to take the needed action, I think.... Even if you know what needs to be done.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Son also knew where the key was hidden, and mom expressed surprise at that. I thought the implication was that he had been in the house before to look for drugs. OTOH, they were obviously close to the family so maybe the son had just been there a lot growing up.

Stuff like the open doors really bugs in me any show, but especially one like this where sometimes seeing details makes the story more interesting. It was similarly annoying that her and the student left that food behind at the school, after going to all of the trouble to get it.

the barber is by far my favorite character, hope he makes it but I see him going the way of Dale.....[/QUOTE]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Think about this for a second, the stupidity level. Imagine this was actually going on, and here we are in Indiana watching it all unfold. I would bet the VAST majority of us would be thinking "yep idiots on drugs in California." Now let's say you encounter one a few hours later, a zombie, odds are your going to try and reason and talk to it, and in the process end up a meal. Even if you had seen what was going on prior, it would be VERY hard to wrap your mind around what's happening. Maybe, you could smoke a stranger, but someone you know? A neighbor, a relative, a coworker? It would be incredibly hard to take the needed action, I think.... Even if you know what needs to be done.

:yesway: Outside of Hollywood the first thing we would assume would not be zombie. Drugs maybe. So stranger would be more likely to get shoot. But somebody you knew a person would probably try to go hands on.

Top Bottom