• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "who arrived in the United States in January on a student visa, tried to make contacts and recruit people to form a terrorist cell to help him carry out an attack"

On reading the article again I've decided that this poor innocent victim was obviously set up from the get go. He wasn't really trying to do anything but establish a group of friends in his new home so they could get together and consider the benefits of living in this country and play games on Facebook.

If anyone needs me I'll be in my garage painting myself with gold Rustoleum and frantically eating toothpaste in an attempt to foil the upcoming alien invasion.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    ^^^ to funny:lmfao:

I for one am very proud of the work all the agencys did on this text book work of a job well done with no injury to all. It amazes me how some in life distrust all forms of authority and think everything is a conspiracy to take away there freedoms in reality it was to protect americans from bad people who want to do bad things to us ........:patriot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It amazes me how some in life distrust all forms of authority and think everything is a conspiracy to take away there freedoms in reality it was to protect americans from bad people who want to do bad things to us ........:patriot:

It amazes me that some will trust the entire government but every breath Obama takes is a conspiracy.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Never said i completely trust the goverment and i can't stand Obama ......but the facts remain they did a good job here. Any one to imply this is some sort of false flag or any other conspiracy spin..... again amazes me. :patriot:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    ^^^ to funny:lmfao:

I for one am very proud of the work all the agencys did on this text book work of a job well done with no injury to all. It amazes me how some in life distrust all forms of authority and think everything is a conspiracy to take away there freedoms in reality it was to protect americans from bad people who want to do bad things to us ........:patriot:

It amazes me that some will trust the entire government but every breath Obama takes is a conspiracy.

MOST of us try to find a balance among extreme views.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I don't think its a conspiracy... I just think its irresponsible to allow the game to go that far and then report the whole incident to the nearest media outlet to gain the recognition.

To me this is no different than Obama announcing to the world that Seal Team 6 went into Afghanistan without permission using top secret stealth helicopters and killed Bin Ladin and stole his computer hours after it happened.

Stop politicizing everything you can.... These guys work hard in secrecy and develop tactics. The last thing we all need is for the media to find out and give details. The next college kid from Bangladesh won't be so trusting because we just gave away a tactical advantage.

Why do they do this? Either for notoriety or to perpetuate fear.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The game has to go that far or you don't have evidence for a conviction. I'm sure the FBI would prefer to do much less work for the same result but they don't make the decisions, the federal prosecutors do.

If my men do a good job, and since they are paid by the public, I want the public to know about it. Tax payers should be aware of the services they are receiving.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The game has to go that far or you don't have evidence for a conviction. I'm sure the FBI would prefer to do much less work for the same result but they don't make the decisions, the federal prosecutors do.

If my men do a good job, and since they are paid by the public, I want the public to know about it. Tax payers should be aware of the services they are receiving.

Even at the risk of national security?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I just wish they'd stop trying to be proactive. Obviously they are trampling all over the US Constitution by attempting to prevent terrorist attacks on US soil. I mean, seriously, what's the problem with a couple hundred more dead American's laying around?

Yea and not to mention people diving out of windows from a couple of hundred of feet above the ground. Hope we never see it again.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The guy asked for it and the FBI obliged every step of the way but let's not pretend this was some grand investigative coup that saved the world. Does anybody really think this idiot was a serious threat? Obviously he was a terrorist mastermind going on the internet looking to recruit for his jihad :rolleyes: I bet the real terrorists love when this happens, takes the heat off them. What a great way to divert resources, have morons sit on the computer and post things that you know are going to get noticed. I can see it now, you can blow your self up or sit at the computer and post things that even the most amateurish analyst can find, it's your choice.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    What risk of national security? Announcing the investigation and how it played out? The FBI didn't give out any secrets here, trust me.

In New York, the FBI is seeking out terrorists and then providing them with the means to assemble (fake) bombs and place them near high profile targets.... I didn't know that was happening? I mean we can assume.. but not know.

Do you think that this is an isolated incident? Or is it possible that FBI orgs across the nation and even in NYC are going through with similar operations with potential terrorists as well?

I personally think that its a logical assumption that highly publicizing this sting is now potentially jeopardizing the hard work of everyone else trying to run similar operations. Maybe the Pakistani guy in LA gives pause now and backs out before we can arrest him? This is irresponsible and should have been kept secret. I don't pay FBI agents, Cops, Military to get awards... especially at the risk of security.

Trust me... Seal Team Six didn't want the recognition for killing Bin Ladin and the CIA couldn't have been happy by the immediate announcement. How many other operations do you think Obama put in jeopardy by running to the news outlets immediately after it happened? How much intel was lost?

Hell, they even outed their source (a Pakistani Doctor)... how hard do you think it is going to be for them to get others to cooperate with them if they know that the US Gov is going to kiss and tell?

--------------------------------------------------

For me this begs the question... is it necessary for the American public to know about operations at the risk of operational integrity?

If the answer is NO... then for what purposes are we announcing things like this to the news in real time? Is it because the agencies want to be patted on the back? Is it so that the politicians can take credit for the work that our service members are doing? or... is it announced to perpetuate fear in the population?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In New York, the FBI is seeking out terrorists and then providing them with the means to assemble (fake) bombs and place them near high profile targets.... I didn't know that was happening? I mean we can assume.. but not know.

Do you think that this is an isolated incident? Or is it possible that FBI orgs across the nation and even in NYC are going through with similar operations with potential terrorists as well?

I personally think that its a logical assumption that highly publicizing this sting is now potentially jeopardizing the hard work of everyone else trying to run similar operations. Maybe the Pakistani guy in LA gives pause now and backs out before we can arrest him? This is irresponsible and should have been kept secret. I don't pay FBI agents, Cops, Military to get awards... especially at the risk of security.

Trust me... Seal Team Six didn't want the recognition for killing Bin Ladin and the CIA couldn't have been happy by the immediate announcement. How many other operations do you think Obama put in jeopardy by running to the news outlets immediately after it happened? How much intel was lost?

Hell, they even outed their source (a Pakistani Doctor)... how hard do you think it is going to be for them to get others to cooperate with them if they know that the US Gov is going to kiss and tell?

--------------------------------------------------

For me this begs the question... is it necessary for the American public to know about operations at the risk of operational integrity?

If the answer is NO... then for what purposes are we announcing things like this to the news in real time? Is it because the agencies want to be patted on the back? Is it so that the politicians can take credit for the work that our service members are doing? or... is it announced to perpetuate fear in the population?

I'm not trying to sound demeaning but do you honestly believe that the points you are trying to make have not been carefully considered by the FBI? As stated, this was most likely far from the most intensive and complicated investigation the FBI is engaged in. Perhaps announcing the results of this investigation will serve as a deterrent to other morons out there looking to do the same thing. Perhaps deterring these morons to follow in this idiots footsteps will push them toward a path which is actually easier for the FBI to snag them.

I've worked with the FBI. Spent a couple of years sharing office space and case loads with them. I can throw plenty of stones at them as most agents lack the knowledge to operate in what I would consider to be the most basic of law enforcement functions. Where they outshine local LE is in their abilities to manage long term, strategic investigations. They don't hire many idiots and they do a pretty darned good job of putting smart people in the right places. If you think the decision to publicize this investigation was made by a lowly agent proud of his work you are fooling yourself. Nothing the FBI does is done without a great deal of thought.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Yes, I don't think the release of this information was well thought out at all.

Do you think that this is a deterrent? By releasing this information, terrorists are going to stop looking for ways to infiltrate and attack the US?

That seem naive to me... This guy was going to be a suicide bomber until he decided he wanted to make the trip home to do something with his family. (likely give them some money :dunno: be a hero :dunno: )... Anyone willing to be a suicide bomber isn't likely to get scared off easily.

No what has happened is instead of catching 50 more of these guys in the future who all fall for the same trap, we have to go back to square one and invent a new trap.... And all of the agencies and agents that were in the process of using the same trap have been set WAY BACK.... How can you speculate that suicide bombers will now be even less careful? They aren't puppets following cookbook instructions. They are smart and probably developing as many strategies as they can... eliminating one that we know how to manage seems wreckless.

How do you deter people who are hell bent on blowing themselves up for the cause?

Terrorist A: "Hey Remja... where are you going?"

Terrorist B:"I'm going to America to blow myself up inside the Empire State Building"

Terrorist A:"Sure you want to do that Rema... I just heard that the FBI is setting up terroists with fake bombs and then arresting them!"

Terrorist B:"Oh my!! That is scary... maybe I should just stay home and watch Spongebob instead."

Terrorist A:"Don't worry... we are working on new ways to get around this"​

Watch this video to find out how much the CIA and Spec Ops appreciated the Obama Administration and what they feel the fallout was from the Bin Ladin announcement.

[ame]http://youtu.be/X-Xfti7qtT0[/ame]

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yes, I don't think the release of this information was well thought out at all.

You've obviously convinced yourself that you possess more intelligence and experience pertaining to criminal investigations and terrorism than the whole of the FBI so there isn't much point in my continued attempt to debate the topic with you.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You've obviously convinced yourself that you possess more intelligence and experience pertaining to criminal investigations and terrorism than the whole of the FBI so there isn't much point in my continued attempt to debate the topic with you.

There wasn't much point debating with him 30 posts ago, but I applaud your efforts.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I hope the idiot gets 50 years plus. Someone is going to come into this country as a guest and the conspire to kill US citizens! Matter of fact I think life in prison with no parole sounds even better. Or just shoot his sorry radical a--

Top Bottom