• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    it's a relief to know our government has no way to distupt comminications via VHF/UHF/HF radio bands should they decide to shut down the interwebs/phone

Government will control all of the communications, exactly, can you say 1984, Orwellian. No way of challenging information being fed to us, like we are doing here right now.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Unmarked? What makes you think FBI vehicles are unmarked or marked?
    In the former Soviet Union (soon to be the Soviet Union again) we had the Black Ravens, black unmarked cars that would show up in the middle of the night, and the person they come to visit is never seen or heard from again.
    The symbolism of it just bothers me, we are no longer a free society and we are complacent with that.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    The other thing that is a bit unsettling is that there is a significant amount of conversations like this one going on where this and other things like it happen (ever since Waco mostly) and the Feds just keep ramping up the level of this kind of stuff. And the sheeple just watch and get mesmerized by it, play with themselves and then just go on. No wonder the Feds go on like nobody notices. There aren't enough questions from enough of the people for them to worry.

There is a bunch of stuff here that doesn't add up, but no outcry for more information followed by an honest appraisal of what is provided. I think some of the media are just as afraid of the Feds as the rest. Why should we wonder (worry)? Because it could be any of us if we were in a position like his, or one of much less. It does happen fairly often to others. But not enough have had it with the Government yet. Soooo, it continues and continues and . . . . . . .

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It would help if the FBI would just hold a press conference every couple of days. It is the silence that allows speculation to manifest itself.

Why can't CNN or FoxNews setup shop and have around the clock alerts?
    My thoughts. If a federal agent would show up on TV say why they are there and what they are doing speculation would end. Wouldn't take a minute.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the former Soviet Union (soon to be the Soviet Union again) we had the Black Ravens, black unmarked cars that would show up in the middle of the night, and the person they come to visit is never seen or heard from again.
    The symbolism of it just bothers me, we are no longer a free society and we are complacent with that.

Argentina had a number of the "disappeared" who were swept up by the security forces. Same with Columbia and Venezuela.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    My thoughts. If a federal agent would show up on TV say why they are there and what they are doing speculation would end. Wouldn't take a minute.

I don't really think it's anybody's business until charges are filed (if filed). If they are serving a warrant, the PC affidavit is signed off on somewhere....thats all I really think they should release anyway.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't really think it's anybody's business until charges are filed (if filed). If they are serving a warrant, the PC affidavit is signed off on somewhere....thats all I really think they should release anyway.

The government deserves its privacy, right? :):

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The government deserves its privacy, right? :):

The man is innocent until proven guilty. He has a right to privacy himself. I believe there has, as in most cases, too much revealed already. Unless somebody is actually charged with a crime there is no need to plaster their name everywhere.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    his belongings are being stolen by federal hands

In other news, the Iraqi government reports several items looted from the Iraqi Museum of Antiquities were recovered last week.

Looted_Museum.jpg

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    rambondocumentary50651 said:
    You are suggesting that Old Man Miller snuck over to Iraq last week? WTF?

During the 03 invasion, when we made it to Bagdad and set all the nice iraqi people free from there evil freakin wanna be nazi leaders, the little ba****** couldn't hold there joy and started looting , like freakin every thing. Iraq museum of BS was one of them.

Watched a documentary on it, it had the guy from agenit aliens on it so there it must be legit.

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I don't think the Federal government is that interested in making sure some ancient Iraqi artifact is returned to the Iraqi government, nor do they want to bust this old timer for having a 100+ year old shrunken head or two. I do think the Gov. is interested in how he acquired his Indian artifacts.

"An artifact collector who buys, sells, or trades for artifacts in interstate commerce, or attempted interstate commerce need only violate a state or local law or regulation that is related to archaeological resource protection. The state or local law does not have to explicitly cover archaeological resources or be limited to such resources. Laws of theft and trespass are appropriate triggers for Archaeological Resource Protection Act of 1979 (ARPA) interstate trafficking provisions and all states in the United States has laws against trespass and theft from public and private lands."

It's my understanding that he could be charged with trafficking in archaeological resources if he bought or sold artifacts across state lines that were illegally removed from Federal, Indian, or private land without permission.
    If it is determined he possesses stolen items, then those items would be returned to the "rightful owner", as they say; which would be the land owner where the item or items were removed.
    This is probably the case. In my opinion it would be difficult to collect that many artifacts without being in violation of ARPA, whether you knew it or not.

I'm sure serious collectors such as Miller would not obtain an artifact without knowing its background and place of origin and he would probably keep photographs and detailed records of all items in his collection. I would also presume he is up on the laws concerning his hobby. So IF the professional archaeologists determine that something in his collection has been illegally obtained, more than likely he knew it. Not that it matters, at age 91 he may not be around to see the return of any of his collection. Who gains possession then?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom