• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The newest scary thing... dirty bombs, and civil war. Yeah, right.

Plagues are so last year...
    And where are they saying the radioactive material is coming from ?
    Are they providing it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    To be fair, there’s been rumblings of civil war for quite some time now. And not just from the usual kooks on the extremes.

That the feds would do things to accelerate it is the twist in the plot.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Not quite what he said. Here is his full quote on the fibbies. Unedited from closed captioning. If you wish to listen to it it starts around 39 minutes in.

And on testifying. About 46 minutes in same link as above.
    Still sounds like Garland, don’t talk bad about the FBI. Even when they do wrong. Pence can shove it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Still sounds like Garland, don’t talk bad about the FBI. Even when they do wrong. Pence can shove it.
    Not what it sounds like to me. My take is go after the top, leave the rank and file alone. And that calls to defund the FBI is as stupid as calls to defund the police.

Reactions: oze

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Not what it sounds like to me. My take is go after the top, leave the rank and file alone. And that calls to defund the FBI is as stupid as calls to defund the police.
    I have been rolling over in my mind how you make a dent in the politicization of the Administrative state. I still have not identified a means which can be enacted in law (as opposed to a Constitutional Amendment) that does not have substantial adverse effects.

The problem for me is that I believe at this time with the damage done to trust and confidence in our government and its administrative agencies that substantial adverse effects will probably have to be accepted to have the necessary impact.

Currently I am at a point where I think the answer may be that if you are employed at (FBI, ATF, and any other agencies which have demonstrated political bias and / or weaponization based upon political ideology) above pay grade X you are unemployed and unemployable by the Federal Government after XX date. The country would probably lose more good people than bad, but there is no evidence to date that the corrupt will be removed in a timely manner by the current management practices. At some point you have to cut out the cancer to try to save the patient even if it means a change in quality of life; or let the patient die.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I have been rolling over in my mind how you make a dent in the politicization of the Administrative state. I still have not identified a means which can be enacted in law (as opposed to a Constitutional Amendment) that does not have substantial adverse effects.

The problem for me is that I believe at this time with the damage done to trust and confidence in our government and its administrative agencies that substantial adverse effects will probably have to be accepted to have the necessary impact.

Currently I am at a point where I think the answer may be that if you are employed at (FBI, ATF, and any other agencies which have demonstrated political bias and / or weaponization based upon political ideology) above pay grade X you are unemployed and unemployable by the Federal Government after XX date. The country would probably lose more good people than bad, but there is no evidence to date that the corrupt will be removed in a timely manner by the current management practices. At some point you have to cut out the cancer to try to save the patient even if it means a change in quality of life; or let the patient die.
    Sadly it going to be the patient dying and thats us. The agencies have become too strong, control too much of both parties. They not going to let anything interfere. They just hired and and armed 87,000 IRS. Good luck getting a Congress to stop it. They won't vote for term limits either. I don't think this cancer is the kind that can be fixed, not without a huge change in the Country and with nearly split R and D its not happening. It's not Monkey Pox......its Donkey Pox killing us the most, and they ain't changing and they seem to keep growing and increasing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Trump was going after something similar. Reclassify them to remove civil service protection (or they can move to a job without discretion to preserve it) and then fire anyone who doesn't do precisely what they're instructed to do by their department heads

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in Washington D.C. ultimately rejected Judicial Watch's suit by concluding there was no provision in the Presidential Records Act to force the National Archives to seize records from a former president.”

“But Jackson's ruling — along with the Justice Department's arguments that preceded it — made some other sweeping declarations that have more direct relevance to the FBI's decision to seize handwritten notes and files Trump took with him to Mar-a-Lago. The most relevant is that a president's discretion on what are personal vs. official records is far-reaching and solely his, as is his ability to declassify or destroy records at will.”

“On the classification issue, both Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama signed executive orders — which remain in force to this day — declaring that presidents have sweeping authority to declassify secrets and do not have to follow the mandatory declassification procedures all other government officials do.”

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Perhaps. If he wants credit for that message he needs to clearly deliver it if he hopes to influence opinion or further his career. Pence is not someone currently on my list of people who get the benefit of the doubt.

Lock Garland's ass up, lock Comey's ass up. Maybe then I'll start to believe someone who has become just another talking head working in furtherance of the circus.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    “On the classification issue, both Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama signed executive orders — which remain in force to this day — declaring that presidents have sweeping authority to declassify secrets and do not have to follow the mandatory declassification procedures all other government officials do.”
    Yeah but those two were, and their EO's were intended for the elite political establishment Presidents, firmly positioned within one of the two parties. Trump ain't that and we know the criminals running the show could give two shits about the law so anything which has happened in the past is virtually meaningless. Case law is nothing but history now.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Perhaps. If he wants credit for that message he needs to clearly deliver it if he hopes to influence opinion or further his career. Pence is not someone currently on my list of people who get the benefit of the doubt.

Lock Garland's ass up, lock Comey's ass up. Maybe then I'll start to believe someone who has become just another talking head working in furtherance of the circus.
    Have you ever met a politician who wasn't long winded? Your second statement agreed completely.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It appears that the DOJ and FBI used the same tactic to secure the Mar-a-Lago search warrant that was used to get the FISA warrant for Spygate.

Step1: Leak to the media that Trump had classified materials.

Step 2: Media reports that intelligence sources say Trump has classified materials.

Step 3: Get in front of a Trump hating judge and cite media reports in the warrant application as to why you need to conduct an investigation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    At some point in time all hell is gonna break loose because of the way this went down.

Top Bottom