• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree.

I voted for Trump twice, and that doesn't mean I am a Trump fan. I also think people are reading way too much into my comment. If someone (maybe a troll) wants to truly understand "conservatives," I stand by my comment that this isn't the best place to do that. If someone here thinks they can and should hold themselves up as the all-encompassing conservative viewpoint, God help us!

We can look at "conservative" different ways. The most literal way is temperament, a general reluctance or skepticism of change, in favor of what they know to work. Another way is worldview, beliefs about how the world works and a set of values they apply to situations. And yet another way is identity.

As I said, I think INGO is probably a fair representative of "conservative" in that you meet most of the diverse opinions within a conservative worldview. Obviously not the epitome, because I don't believe there really such a thing. Such a concept is theoretical. Any belief that it exists in concrete form is not much more than an instantiation of no true Scotsman, and the tests of purity that follow.

Is Bug a conservative? Yes. I think in terms of temperament, worldview, and identity, he is. Does he, individually, epitomize everything that a conservative should be? No. Was Buckley a conservative? yes. In all those ways, yes. An epitome? No.

So it's the representative diversity of views within the umbrella of what is conservative that makes up all the views necessary to understand conservatives. So I think that if a non-conservative wanted to understand conservatives, that person would be missing out if he or she or zhe, or it, didn't have the perspectives of INGO. It's impractical to chase the epitome of "conservative" to really understand conservatives. It's not all William F. Buckley. It's not all Mitch McConnell. It's not all Bug. It's not all GFGT. It's not all jamil. It's not all printcraft (though most of INGO wants more printcraft). It's not all HoughMade. KG1, chipbennet, BigRed, IndyIN, et al.

You take a given topic and the "sides" that argue switch players. Sometimes I'm arguing Bug's side of things. Sometimes not. Sometimes I'm arguing GFGT's side, sometimes not. Depends on the issue.

Drpietrzak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2022
    Vincennes
    I agree.

I voted for Trump twice, and that doesn't mean I am a Trump fan. I also think people are reading way too much into my comment. If someone (maybe a troll) wants to truly understand "conservatives," I stand by my comment that this isn't the best place to do that. If someone here thinks they can and should hold themselves up as the all-encompassing conservative viewpoint, God help us!

I don't see much different over the last several decades regardless of who, or party. Rich folk steal, hide stuff, lie... they get away with it. All the same.

Last edited:

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    Here we go, this is some dangerous dark territory we are in now.... Wow

DEFUND THE FBI!! It's time to close them down, ATF, DHS, etc. we have enough gov hand job agencies

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's impractical to chase the epitome of "conservative" to really understand conservatives. It's not all William F. Buckley. It's not all Mitch McConnell. It's not all Bug. It's not all GFGT. It's not all jamil. It's not all printcraft (though most of INGO wants more printcraft). It's not all HoughMade. KG1, chipbennet, BigRed, IndyIN, et al.
    I was left out. I must be a liberal then? LOL!!!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    That’s from 2018.

:dunno:
    Yes, it is from 2018.

Were those protesters hunted down by the American KGB (AKA FBI), thrown in a gulag being denied due process and their 5th 6th and 8th Amendment rights violated? Just curious, because that image certainly appears to demonstrate objective evidence of a double standard being applied to those who interrupt Congress or its members or threaten or act violently. If I remember correctly, there was also a rather staged and heinous scene during an actual committee hearing as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes, it is from 2018.

Were those protesters hunted down by the American KGB (AKA FBI), thrown in a gulag being denied due process and their 5th 6th and 8th Amendment rights violated? Just curious, because that image certainly appears to demonstrate objective evidence of a double standard being applied to those who interrupt Congress or its members or threaten or act violently. If I remember correctly, there was also a rather staged and heinous scene during an actual committee hearing as well.
    Yep. If I remember correctly some Democrats on the committee including Kramala encouraged that behavior.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Saw where Pence (trying to stay relevant) told Republicans to stop bashing the FBI....then also said he would testify at the Jan. 6th (circus) but no one asked him.....wonder what he would of said. I think he thinks he has a shot as POTUS for 2024. Him and Liz could team up maybe. Like Newt Gingrich said..."Pence couldn't get elected as dog catcher."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The newest scary thing... dirty bombs, and civil war. Yeah, right.
    Are the slimy, scumbag pieces of **** who author this type of drivel insane, literally incapable of ordering a sandwich unsupervised or just plain ****ing evil beyond comprehension?

This cannot pass for rational, intelligent, reasoned thought.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Saw where Pence (trying to stay relevant) told Republicans to stop bashing the FBI....then also said he would testify at the Jan. 6th (circus) but no one asked him.....wonder what he would of said. I think he thinks he has a shot as POTUS for 2024. Him and Liz could team up maybe. Like Newt Gingrich said..."Pence couldn't get elected as dog catcher."
    Not quite what he said. Here is his full quote on the fibbies. Unedited from closed captioning. If you wish to listen to it it starts around 39 minutes in.
    TRUMP AND I HAVE HAD OUR DIFFERENCES. [LAUGHTER] AFTER YEARS DURING OUR ADMINISTRATION, WE SAW THE POLITICIZATION OF THE FBI. DURING THE TENURED DIRECTOR, FBI AGENT'S OR PROMOTING -- WORK PROMOTING POLITICAL AGENDAS. I WAS DEEPLY TROUBLED. A SEARCH WARRANT HAD BEEN EXECUTED AT THE PERSONAL RESIDENCE OF A FORMER PRESIDENT. I WAS OVERSEAS WITH MY WIFE ON VACATION BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS IMPORTANT TO WEIGH IN AND I CALLED ON ATTORNEY GENERAL GARLAND TO GIVE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE A FULL ACCOUNT OF THE REASONS WHY THIS ACTION WAS NECESSARY. WHILE HE IS BEGINNING TO DO SO, HE IS NOT NEARLY DOING ENOUGH INFORMATION. I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL ON THE ATTORNEY GENERAL TO MAKE THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO THE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEES WHO ARE CONFIDENT IN DEALING WITH THAT COMPETENT IN DEALING WITH CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PERSONAL RESIDENCE OF A FORMER PRESIDENT SUBJECT TO A SEARCH WARRANT. IN THE WAKE OF FOUR YEARS WE ENDURED OF THE POLITICIZATION OF THE FBI, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW. THE BASIS FOR THIS. THIS UNPRECEDENTED ACTION DOES DEMAND UNPRECEDENTED TRANSPARENCY. THAT SAID, EARLIER TODAY, AND ELSEWHERE, BUT WANT TO REMIND MY FELLOW REPUBLICANS. WE CAN HOLD THE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE DECISION HE MADE. WITHOUT ATTACKING A RANK AND FILE LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL AT THE FBI. [APPLAUSE] THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS THE PARTY OF LAW AND ORDER. OUR PARTY STANDS WITH THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO SERVE ON THE THIN BLUE LINE ON THE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LEVEL. THESE ATTACKS ON THE FBI MUST STOP. CALLS TO DEFINE THE FBI ARE JUST AS WRONG AS CALLS TO DEFINE THE POLICE -- DEFINED THE FBI ARE JUST AS WRONG AS THE CALLS TO DEFUND THE POLICE. WE NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF WHAT HAPPENED. WE NEED TO LET THE FACTS PLAY OUT. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NEED TO BE REASSURED IN THE INTEGRITY OF OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM. THE APPEARANCE OF A RECURRENCE OF POLITICS PLAYING A ROLE IN DECISIONS IN THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT DEMAND TRANSPARENCY AS NEVER BEFORE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL ON THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TO MAKE THAT INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND DO SO NOW. [APPLAUSE]
    And on testifying. About 46 minutes in same link as above.

Top Bottom