• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    I've heard that they use some kind of steamer to cook the corn on the cob at Long John Silver's and that they're almost never cleaned.

Take a look at the nozzles on the self serve drink dispensers at just about anywhere. Those are almost never cleaned either.

I know someone that worked in the restaurant equipment service business who told me that he was working at a Red Lobster one time replacing some piece of equipment. The floor was pretty slippery so they (not him) used a pressure washer to clean it. Imagine where that crap goes.
    Every restaurant that I do repairs in cleans their nozzles nightly!

pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    I've heard that they use some kind of steamer to cook the corn on the cob at Long John Silver's and that they're almost never cleaned.

Take a look at the nozzles on the self serve drink dispensers at just about anywhere. Those are almost never cleaned either.

I know someone that worked in the restaurant equipment service business who told me that he was working at a Red Lobster one time replacing some piece of equipment. The floor was pretty slippery so they (not him) used a pressure washer to clean it. Imagine where that crap goes.
    I hated doing repairs at Red Lobster. You could only go first am. Then you smelled like a dirty old hooker all day!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Do we have any olive garden stories. I know the one on 82nd street in Castleton got people sick and was closed down for a while a year or two ago. Not fast food..but

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1. Subway seafood - Fake crab meat and mayo
    No surprise here.

2. Wendy's Chilli - Meat from patties that sat on grill to long
    So what?

3. Arby's Roast Beef - Disgusting when raw

Disgusting when cooked.

4. Burger King Fish Sandwich - Oil used for frying is black like motor oil
    OK, that's a valid point

5. McDonald Sweet Tea- 1 pound of sugar per gallon
    Same as my homemade root beer. But, as a Yankee, sweet tea is gross.

6. KFC Buffalo Chicken snackers -"KFC shredded buffalo chicken snackers are made with the "expired" chicken that sat in the heating bay for too long and can't be sold to customers.
    So what? "Too long" in no way means contaminated, spoiled, or unsafe for consumption. It simply means that is unappealing by KFC's standards.

Also, the coleslaw. The sauce was often mixed by hand into the lettuce with someone who had gloves that came to their wrists. When finished they would have sauce up their forearms."
    I hope they wash their forearms first.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Epic thread potential. On the 7th page in less than a day!

I had a patient years ago that worked for a GREAT mom and pop pastry. He worked without more than a weekend off for YEARS (8+) and his main if not only job was to make the red (I cannot remember the flavor) jelly doughnut filling. His hands were always stained red and he just figured it would come off if he ever took a break long enough to let it go away.

Well, he finally took a vacation, after a week his hands were no less red than when he started. He went to the doctor and actually had a biopsy of sorts. The red dye had soaked into his skin to the layer tattoo ink is placed. He basically has a red tattoo of gloves on his hands that he has to live with for the rest of his life.

Not exactly related to the spirit of the thread but I thought it would be interesting enough.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Keep'em coming guys and gals. Even if I don't read the entire thread I'll "search within this thread" next time I have to decide where to eat out.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Have you actually ever worked at a restaurant? That is so blatantly false it's funny.

410 IAC 7-24-191 Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food; date marking
    Sec. 191. (a) Except as specified in subsection (d), refrigerated, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food prepared and held in a retail food establishment for more than twenty-four (24) hours shall be clearly marked to indicate the date or day by which the food shall be consumed on the premises, sold, or discarded, based on one (1) of the temperature and time combinations specified as follows and the day of preparation shall be counted as day one (1):
    (1) Forty-one (41) degrees Fahrenheit or less for a maximum of seven (7) days

And when was that established? This was years ago and although I may be wrong on the amount of days I am fairly sure it was more than 7

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    And when was that established? This was years ago and although I may be wrong on the amount of days I am fairly sure it was more than 7

When it was established I don't know. I know that it was 7 back in '03 when I had my Food Safety and Sanitation course. Don't recall before then.

BjornAlewulf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Michigan City, IN
    Chili...

When I saw the one about the Wendy's chili, it reminded me of something. At work, there's a bus that comes by to sell hotdogs at one of our gates. The guy who runs it decided to try to save money one time by making chili for the chili dogs from the prior day's unsold hotdogs. Yeah, that was some nasty chili on those chilidogs.

Top Bottom