• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    interesting.... Give us more pfinley... What would you stay away from?
    I stick by the restaurants that you can see the kitchen.... If you can see it, they clean it! I have been in some shady Chinese restaurants, especially today.... Glad I never ate at the new one in Anderson!

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I had Wendy's chili last Monday for the first time. It was great. I'd eat it again as long as I didn't [STRIKE]buy a finger and put it in the chili[/STRIKE] get sick from it. I mean, it's not like they leave the burger meat out for days before they use it.

Your right, its not out... its in the walk in... for 31 days.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Why do they store it for so long before putting in the chilli?

Because that is as long as they are allowed by law in IN. After that point they are forced to throw it out. Therefore, when they fill a new bag they right 31 days from that date on it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why do they store it for so long before putting in the chilli?

Chili meat is wasted meat. I'm sure somebody wondered what they could do with all the wasted meat and they decided to start selling chili. Ideally, you don't want to make chili meat or just enough to make the days chili. If a store has 30 days worth of chili meat in the walk in, I'd be firing every grill guy and manager that store had. I think on a few occasions, we actually put meat on the grill for the express purpose of having enough to make chili.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Never worked fast food but my buddy used to go commando when he worked at Edwards drive in in beech grove and would put the tenderloins down his butt crack before putting them on the grill. If it wasn't too hot, he would do it again before serving it.

pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    Never worked fast food but my buddy used to go commando when he worked at Edwards drive in in beech grove and would put the tenderloins down his butt crack before putting them on the grill. If it wasn't too hot, he would do it again before serving it.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I have fixed their fryers!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got sick of eating prime rib while while working at Mountain Jacks in Lafayette. I used to beg for something besides PR for my meal.

pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    I have worked in about all restaurants. None of them are perfect. All managers are tight wads and dont want to fix coolers running at 45 instead of 35. Some worse than others.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I once worked in a sign shop that shared a parking lot with an Indian restaurant. Yea you can imagine where this is going. I drove by an area behind the restaurant, and saw two employees on the pavement cutting up chickens on a piece of corrugated cardboard. :puke: Luckily for me I had always been so repulsed by the smell of Indian food that I had never eaten in the place. At this point I couldn't eat that stuff if it smelled like bacon ice cream.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    2. Wendy's Chilli - Meat from patties that sat on grill to long
    oEzLq.jpg

FYI I worked for BK a while back ago and their chili is the same thing. Personally the things I saw happen in the back made me quit eating there period. Word to the wise if you don't want extra unwanted ingredients on your burger don't order it special especially during rush times.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    We know the meat is not real but now I saw an employee mention even the beans are fake????

Yawp. Worked my way through college at Taco Hell, ending up as a shi(f)t manager.

After I left that gig, it took me a couple years before I could eat there again.

Top Bottom