• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Restaurant name plz :n00b:

I once worked in a sign shop that shared a parking lot with an Indian restaurant. Yea you can imagine where this is going. I drove by an area behind the restaurant, and saw two employees on the pavement cutting up chickens on a piece of corrugated cardboard. :puke: Luckily for me I had always been so repulsed by the smell of Indian food that I had never eaten in the place. At this point I couldn't eat that stuff if it smelled like bacon ice cream.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    At arbys, the beef is old dairy cows,I knew a guy that used to sell arbys his elderly cows that were past their prime.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Guys... Spill the beans on what you saw go down at these places. Details please!

Okay but I warn you it may ruin your taste for fast food.......

Worst thing I saw was a guy pee in the pickle bucket. They would take the hamburger patties frozen and use them as hockey pucks then cook them. If you ordered a special sandwich during rush hour you'd be lucky to get the sandwich that had been sitting there forever with the items you didn't want scrapped off because the alternative would be someone scratching their junk, picking their nose, etc.

I could go on and on. Food accidentally left out and just put back in the freezer. Dirty dishes just put in water to soak then reused.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    And they are ridiculously damned delicious. Kudos to farmers for finding a use for livestock that may otherwise not be enjoyed with melted cheddar.:yesway:

You sir are correct, I eat at arbys more often than any other chain.
    But I have to chuckle when I see one of their commercials and the cowboys are rounding up steers.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    1. Subway seafood - Fake crab meat and mayo
    VaVPQ.png
    Food poisoning, 1996. A day that will live in infamy.

5. McDonald Sweet Tea- 1 pound of sugar per gallon
    9r0je.png
    I know, right???
    BEST. TEA. EVER.

When I was a teenager, I BRIEFLY worked at Ponderosa in Goshen. I don't know if it's still there today, but it was in the same area as the Kmart near Concord Mall.
    The "cook" would pick up food he'd dropped and put it right on plates. He was also a nose picking grundy digger and didn't wash his hands. It grossed me out. The "manager" was well aware, but didn't really care because he said he never ate there. I quit. And I've never eaten at any Ponderosa since.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The bananas used in the banana frozen custard was made with the brownest mushiest bananas we had. Usually had the flies lingering around.

The cookie dough custard has a syrup you mix in with the base mix that is about as thick as maple syrup.

That hard chocolate coating on some cones and in other various flavors of custard has a bunch of wax that you have to mix after opening the can.

That is all I have, not much of anything bad from when I worked at Donatos.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    The meat can sit in the walk in for 31 days before making chili with it.

Have you actually ever worked at a restaurant? That is so blatantly false it's funny.

410 IAC 7-24-191 Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food; date marking
    Sec. 191. (a) Except as specified in subsection (d), refrigerated, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food prepared and held in a retail food establishment for more than twenty-four (24) hours shall be clearly marked to indicate the date or day by which the food shall be consumed on the premises, sold, or discarded, based on one (1) of the temperature and time combinations specified as follows and the day of preparation shall be counted as day one (1):
    (1) Forty-one (41) degrees Fahrenheit or less for a maximum of seven (7) days

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Food poisoning, 1996. A day that will live in infamy.

I know, right???
    BEST. TEA. EVER.

It's Kara's favorite beverage...I can only handle it in very small amounts, but it is tasty.

I'm not a huge fan of sugar though.

I like mint chip ice cream and chocolate chip cookies, but I can do without most sweets.

Unsweetened tea is just as good as sweet tea to me.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Never worked fast food but my buddy used to go commando when he worked at Edwards drive in in beech grove and would put the tenderloins down his butt crack before putting them on the grill. If it wasn't too hot, he would do it again before serving it.

I call BS..

Edward's Tenderloin is deep fried, not grilled, and they are made to order..

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I worked at the DQ that used to be in Nashville when I was a junior and senior in H/S. Anybody remember that? It used to sit where CVS is now.

We were pretty reputable as far as food quality went. That has been many a moon ago.;)

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    I cooked up many a chili meat. Once pulled off the grill, it gets put in a pan on the counter like the sandwich toppings. It sits there until it gets full and goes back to the walk in for the next days chili. A good grill guy that can keep just the right amount of meat going will take all day to fill that pan.

I still occasionally eat their chili.

I worked at Wendy's for 8 years, we always kept the "barely overcooked" meat in a heated drawer for storage during the day. And all of the leftover meat was used the next day for chili, NO WAY it would last 30 days until you needed it, I can't imagine they would really keep it past one week. I still eat at Wendy's because I know their hamburger patties are fresh, never frozen, and it looks like real meat. It also doesn't make my stomach hurt like McDs.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Do you have teeth?

yes i still have all of them, half the time its watered down or they give me unsweetened. Apparently if you ask for ice tea they give you unsweetened. Im not even sure anyone actually drinks that stuff. Its disgusting and im convinced they just keep it around to ruin my day.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Used to live by a guy who did health inspections on restaurants in Kosciusko county. I remember one conversation when I was on my way out to dinner with some friends ...he cringed a bit when I mentioned where I was going. He didn't tell me exactly why, but mentioned he wouldn't eat there. Though, to be fair, he added that there were many places in the Warsaw area he didn't go to anymore, not just fast food places.

The way I look at it is, whatever happens to my food before I get it is best left a mystery. I go back to the places that serve good food have good service, and stay away from the places that don't.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When I worked there, the meat came in boil-in-bags and the beans were dehydrated, but all the veggies were fresh and the pico sauce was made on-site. I'm sure things have changed since then.

Same. I worked there for just over 1 month in 1996. Beans were powdery flakes similar to instant mashed potatoes. They were reconstituted with hot water, and after hours on the steam table, they were "sometimes" reconstituted again. Also, sour cream is applied with what is essentially a caulk gun.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I've heard that they use some kind of steamer to cook the corn on the cob at Long John Silver's and that they're almost never cleaned.

Take a look at the nozzles on the self serve drink dispensers at just about anywhere. Those are almost never cleaned either.

I know someone that worked in the restaurant equipment service business who told me that he was working at a Red Lobster one time replacing some piece of equipment. The floor was pretty slippery so they (not him) used a pressure washer to clean it. Imagine where that crap goes.

Top Bottom