• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This is location rather than chain-specific for me.

The McD's on west 38th has to be, on the whole, the worst of the worst in my experience.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I had the server of yourthe family tjhat day working for me in 08. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it linked to a customer and her sick child? Thats at least what the Marion County Board of Health inspector told me.

Your post isn't very clear... please elaborate...

I just googled it and have found no information on the cause since the final news stories in Jan. '07. they point to sick employees and poor hand washing by same. No mention of how the employees got sick.

After the outbreak, our combined families have made evry effort to avoid Olive Garden.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I go to a McFatty's in March there damn well better be shamrock shakes.

I don't want to hear they're out of shake or some such nonsense. And I'll be expecting them to have warm pumpkin pies in a couple months, too.

Those two things, that's all I ask. They can treat me as bad as they want to, but they better deliver on the goods.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The shake machine is always "broken" at the aforementioned west 38th McD's. It's really the fact that it's clean and they don't want to clean it again--or it's dirty and hasn't been cleaned. Either way, it's too much bother for them.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have to laugh at this thread. So we pay people $8.00ish/hour and we are supposed to expect anything above basic service? I consider it a win if the order is actually correct. A great attitude ("Hello", "How are you today?" etc) is never expected. This is another example of "You get what you pay for." If one deals with someone who gets paid poverty wages, don't be surprised if you get poverty services. The difference seems to be if the person is actually living in poverty. Older people, working in lower income areas seem to have a different way of speaking, interacting with people vs. how I and others I grew up with talk and interact. Teens just working a part-time job can be 50/50. Some take it seriously and since they aren't in poverty due to mom and dad's money, they don't have a poor attitude. Of course teenagers being teenagers, you could get one during a bad time in their (boyfriend/girlfriend issues, school issues, etc.).

What I really like is reading reviews of places where the author makes comments about constant poor service, and then admits that the time before they vowed never to return, only to "give them one more chance." I always get a kick out of those people. They are so needy upon someone else providing food for them, they just can't not go back and basically pay for poor service they know is coming.

Try the Weiner's Circle in Chicago, I guess it is a place that you know you will get bad service. Video is NSFW:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zPlnhymCU[/ame]

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I have to laugh at this thread. So we pay people $8.00ish/hour and we are supposed to expect anything above basic service? I consider it a win if the order is actually correct. A great attitude ("Hello", "How are you today?" etc) is never expected. This is another example of "You get what you pay for." If one deals with someone who gets paid poverty wages, don't be surprised if you get poverty services.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zPlnhymCU

We're just talking. I don't think anyone here is up in arms appalled about anything. Beside, we aren't talking about basic service, we're talking about BAD service, which is what anyone runs the risk of receiving when they order food from an establishment with workers who generally lack enough ethic to make sure they slap a piece of lettuce on a sandwich.

And while yeah, I get what you're saying, I disagree. I made minimum wage and plenty of jobs in my teenage years and that - in my mind - did not give me an excuse to be a sub par worker or have a thoughtless attitude. Smiling, being polite, being helpful, getting my work done quickly, helping old ladies with their groceries or put air in their vehicles tires were all just part of what I signed up for when I entered the work force. Regardless of the wage.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Beach Grove BK... Takes about 15 minutes to get through the drive-through.

^THIS^

They are AWFUL! Last time I went through the drive thru on the way home from work there was nobody else in front of my, it took them almost 10 minutes to get my food.. Then when I got home, the BK Stackers were lukewarm and the fires were stale. ..and of course, no napkins!

-1 BK

and the excuse I am given when I complain loud enough is "we are short staffed and we have a couple of new people training"

I haven't been there in close to 2 years now

McDonalds on East Washington St by 465. They can not upsize your drink unless you upsize your fries too. Order is always wrong. I had quit going there many years ago and gave them another chance last week on the way home from the boy's violin lessons. I won't go back.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Go to McDonalds...order double hamburger...it's $1.39...tell them the McDouble is 99 cents, then order a McDouble...hold the cheese. It's 99 cents too. Same sandwich. Then watch the cashier melt down. If your bill is $3.17, hand them a five and 27 cents in change....after they have hit the cash tendered button.

Never make fun of the freaky loser at the Taco Bell counter...unless you like the taste of fresh hocker on your burrito. Make fun of the facially tattooed loser AFTER you get your food.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Burger King on Co. Line Rd by Greenwood Mall.
    They must have required training courses to mess up the order. The manager is a flake. Sorry, I don't usually single out anyone but even he seems to "screw the pooch" on a regular basis.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    In my part of town the White Castle is slow, Dairy Queen is slower, Hardee's is slowest, and McDonald's is both slow and rude. Thankfully, there is Burger King, Rally's, and Taco Bell. Wish I had a fried chicken place close but the Popeye's and Church's were so bad they went out of business and Kentucky Fried Rat isn't close.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Oh how I long for the days that any FF restaurant put napkins in the bags, and asked if you wanted ketchup, salt, etc.

Jack in the box does all of the above.... Have yet to have bad service at any of the jack locations... McDonalds on west 86th worst by far... I told the manager that they messed up so bad that i would never spend another dime at his store... That was about 6 months ago and have not returned

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've been to many Wendy's in several states. Always good service. Next I like White Castle. Sometimes you have to consider the order takers have flaky customers in front of you who don't know what they want or are changing their orders, or generally being tools. I have observed this many many times. A couple times I went through McDonald's dive in and once I was back on the interstate I found they screwed up my order.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I travel a lot with work and see many different restaurants. I absolutely will go out of my way to avoid McD's. I won't go there. Wendy's tends to have good service. I have yet to be disapointed at Culvers. As of late, I cant seem to get a sandwich made correctly at Penn Station. Although, Firehouse Subs are rising to the top of the great place to eat list....and they will be opening one soon in Franklin.

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I personally think that McD's has gone downhill over the last few years. BK and Wendy's have become my "Go To" places over that time period. But that is just my $.02.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I'm pretty patient so most places do not bother me, however when I ask for just a tiny bit of sauce on my sub from subway I mean just a tiny bit. They always manage to glob the whole thing with sauce making it a sloppy mess.

Top Bottom