Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This was not a discussion about abortion until our friendly mod made it that and attacked pro-life folks.

I seem to recall the very same individual blowing up a thread with inflammatory statements earlier in the year.

iirc The same individual also got highly offended when someone compared abortion to murder and stated it was unnecessary and inflammatory.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And how about you? Do you agree or disagree with enhanced punishments or additional charges when someone murders a pregnant woman, such as the case of the preachers wife I mentioned?

I don't agree with enhanced punishments for the murder of a pregnant woman, unless the fetus would be viable outside of the womb, at the time of death.
    So I answered your question, humor me, and answer mind. Do you believe suicide should be forbidden by govt? If you don't, given your stance, should govt have the ability to prevent a woman from ending her life, if she happens to be 3 weeks pregnant? And if you do, does that mean that the government should have power over that woman until she carries the child to term (8 months and 1 week later)?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't agree with enhanced punishments for the murder of a pregnant woman, unless the fetus would be viable outside of the womb, at the time of death.
    So I answered your question, humor me, and answer mind. Do you believe suicide should be forbidden by govt? If you don't, given your stance, should govt have the ability to prevent a woman from ending her life, if she happens to be 3 weeks pregnant? And if you do, does that mean that the government should have power over that woman until she carries the child to term (8 months and 1 week later)?

Murder is murder. Suicide is murder. No law, no government keeps anybody from murdering another.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Unfortunately, you can't put a mod on your ignore list. I've tried...

Really? That stinks. If I get baited and explode responding to him know I enjoyed most of you very much :). Oh, and I thought YOU were a mod???

"if this be treason, let's make the most of it"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

No I don't believe suicide should be forbidden by the govt. For your second question, yes same as it should have the authority to punish someone who attempts suicide by driving their car headlong into another on the highway. For your third it depends. Should the govt have the power to prevent her from engaging in possibly harmful actions? No. Should the govt have the authority to punish someone for directly and intentionally attempting to harm another? Yes.

IIRC there was a case in IN similar to what you are asking. A woman attempted suicide while pregnant, she survived the baby did not. I can't remember what the official charge was but she was iirc found guilty and her conviction was upheld. I can agree with that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Found some more relevant links to this story.

Bette Midler Blames GOP for Colorado Shooting. Then One Commenter Points Out What She?s Missing?

Obama says he hopes shooting at Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado spurs action

I think there are a few other threads that are more appropriate to fight about abortion and morals. You might need to request that they be unlocked though. This one, however, is about the shooting in Colorado.

Glenwood Planned Parenthood gets security review | PostIndependent.com

Now they're mad that the DHS won't call this terrorism

Anti-abortion head of Homeland Security committee: Colorado shooting was not ?domestic terrorism?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Really? That stinks. If I get baited and explode responding to him know I enjoyed most of you very much :)

"if this be treason, let's make the most of it"

Yes, it does stink. I've had to bite my tongue on many occasions (I'm sure some find that hard to believe but it's true) but I'm still here...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I would point out that killing yourself and killing someone else, while both morally wrong are entirely different legally by virtue of the distinction between self-injury and harming/killing another individual, thus making suicide a little different.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's odd watching people on here that preach for less government, unless it pertains to subjects they care about. Then any force by the government is unquestionably justified.

Amazing to me what some folks consider more government and what they consider less government sometimes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's odd watching people on here that preach for less government, unless it pertains to subjects they care about. Then any force by the government is unquestionably justified.

I can understand the concept, but I insist that murder should be either illegal or legal, not legal for some who are deemed inconvenient but illegal for others, all established on what amounts to a national whim.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I can understand the concept, but I insist that murder should be either illegal or legal, not legal for some who are deemed inconvenient but illegal for others, all established on what amounts to a national whim.

I really don't want to fuel the flame here, but I'm willing to speak more about it as long as cool heads prevail. That being said, murder has a specific definition. Is it murder if you pull the plug on a comatose patient? What if they didn't will it, but it is a financial inconvenience for the caretaker? It's just way too subjective to me.

Top Bottom