• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I am looking at joining fcvcc in Anderson, has anyone had any experiences there or know anything about how good of a range it is?

I am a member there. It is a very nice range, very clean and well kept. Trap on Tuesday nights is awesome, membership fees are very reasonable and the people there are very friendly. I give it an A+ all around. :rockwoot: I only wish they had a little bit longer of a range 100 yards is it...:dunno:

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I had a membership last year, and will get one this year. I think for a family membership (my wife and I) I paid $95 the first year, and it's $45 every year after. Then you just drop a dollar into the box each time you shoot to help replace the target holders. Very reasonable in price.

As the poster mentioned above, they have trap shooting in the evening on Tuesday. They also have small bore, high power, and black powder shoots. They have an archery area as well, and a trail with 3D targets.

The range has 7 yard pistol, and then 25, 50 and 100 yard as well. The 50 and 100 yard are covered from the rain, and I think they have about 20 shooting rests between the two.

Here's an aerial view of the range. You can see the trap stations as well as the regular shooting range. The building in front of the trap is the club house.

Google Maps

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I am a member there. It is a very nice range, very clean and well kept. Trap on Tuesday nights is awesome, membership fees are very reasonable and the people there are very friendly. I give it an A+ all around. :rockwoot: I only wish they had a little bit longer of a range 100 yards is it...:dunno:

What he said. I like the place!!

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I was a member there several years ago, it may have changed since I was there last, but there were several occasions where I had my membership badge out with my stuff (either on the shooting bench or on my shooting bag- both in plain sight), not on my like they prefer, and I had several of the "management" personnel come up to me and ask to see my membership badge and ask why I didn't have it on. I had no problem with putting it on to satisfy them but I don't like having people bother me about membership badges while I'm trying to shoot. I know it seems petty, but it's just a personal grievance I have with them. Also, they won't allow anyone to shoot out there who is not a member with a valid/current membership and each member is only allowed one guest. As far as the facility goes, it's pretty nice. I just wish they had a longer range than 100 yards. Unless this changed too, they used to have a 3D archery range as well.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    Just took a drive there today and it's only 25 min. away from my house! :rockwoot: The ranges look awesome. I picked up an application. I assume I just fill it out, enclose the $105 check and mail it back? How long until you typically hear something?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    What time were you there? I was there this afternoon and noticed someone pull into the parking lot just to watch. It is a great place to shoot and shoot the breeze. Just fill out the app and send it in. You will receive your membership cards in the mail in a couple weeks. You can also stop back this evening between 6 and 9 while trap league is going on. There will most likely be someone there to process your application. There is a new member orientation next Thursday night 3/11/2010 at 6:30 pm. Hope to see you at the club!

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I have been a member for quite a few years, but this year I let it drop. The range is great and most of the people are ok, but like has already been said there are a few that are a pain. My big problem with them is they have the range closed too much of the time. They have so many leagues that unless you work second shift you are out of luck.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Just took a drive there today and it's only 25 min. away from my house! :rockwoot: The ranges look awesome. I picked up an application. I assume I just fill it out, enclose the $105 check and mail it back? How long until you typically hear something?
    i got mine fairly quick (within 2 weeks i think) last year but i droped it off during the trap shoot on tuesday night so might take a hair longer by mailing it in

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    What time were you there? I was there this afternoon and noticed someone pull into the parking lot just to watch. It is a great place to shoot and shoot the breeze. Just fill out the app and send it in. You will receive your membership cards in the mail in a couple weeks. You can also stop back this evening between 6 and 9 while trap league is going on. There will most likely be someone there to process your application. There is a new member orientation next Thursday night 3/11/2010 at 6:30 pm. Hope to see you at the club!

Red 3/4 ton pickup ?? That was me....LOL....I was finishing my lunch with my son (can't drive by a Wendy's or McD's without getting the little man his nuggets), and waiting for the 7yd pistol range to open....

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I believe I did talk to you . You had the dog boxes in the back of your truck right? I was there shooting pistol for a while and I believe when I saw you I was working on sighting in my SKS, or flapping my lips with some of the local characters.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    So do they ever answer email? LOL
    I sent in a request for membership info last week and never heard anything. Am I going to need to drive out there?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Good luck getting e mail answered. I would drive up there this evening as it is trap night and there will surely be someone there that will get you signed up. Trap starts at 5:00 pm.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Oh my. I see it now... and now I feel silly. I looked under the "Membership Information" link and all I saw were email links.

Luck has it, I am heading up through that way this evening, but don't know yet if I'll have enough time to stop in.

Thanks! I'll get this put together today. I should've joined last year but I just knew I was going to be moving before the year was up.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Just a heads up. If you ae heading to FCVCC to shoot pistol or rifle take a can of wasp spray. They are pretty bad right now. They seem to be making nests under the pistol range bench. The really bad part is that they are right at shorts length and if you get one of those up your shorts leg, your shooting may be affected...:xmad:

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Just a heads up. If you ae heading to FCVCC to shoot pistol or rifle take a can of wasp spray. They are pretty bad right now. They seem to be making nests under the pistol range bench. The really bad part is that they are right at shorts length and if you get one of those up your shorts leg, your shooting may be affected...:xmad:

You out there today John ??? I got out there EARLY and was done and gone before anyone else showed up

Top Bottom