• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    You seem to be of the tin-foil-hat crowd. I would encourage you NOT to try to take down other peoples license plate numbers or write down any personal info. I would not show you my Drivers license under ANY circumstances, you have no need for the information contained therein.

If you are not a LEO (and I am betting you are not) you would get no such cooperation from me. That said, after your paranoid display, I'll not only never follow any of your sales, but will disregard future postings.

People around here need to wake up to their double standards, they don't want their rights or privacy infringed but they think they can invade others privacy in the name of due diligence....
    Due diligence?

We, as citizens of Indiana, are not to sell handguns to persons from another state unless the firearms go through an FFL. We are also not to sell to known felons. To see a DL and/or an LTCH is not a legal requirement but good procedures between to private persons that are conducting a private sale. I think you are confusing "intrusion of government into our lives" with "agreements between two individuals."

The seller (or buyer) also has the right to put whatever restrictions on a private interaction that they wish. A seller could request to see a membership card from the NRA or a library card if they wish and the other party is agreeable to it.

Yeah, I realize that the requirement of the DL and/or LTCH may be a deal-breaker for the 2nd party, but that is the beauty of the system. I have seen a few sellers here that required those two items and a bill of sale to go with it. I bought a handgun off a member shortly after I joined here. He, after completing the sale, asked me to see a DL and my LTCH, "Just in case," and I complied. He didn't take any of my personal info. He did his due diligence IMO.

Last edited:

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'd have no problem showing my LTCH and even a photo ID to show that the LTCH is mine, but I wouldn't be giving more info to a private person than I would to a store. The store doesn't care about your LPN. And as for the others, I would show but not give copies of my info.

At the same time, any reasonably deal requires both parties to agree (except anything involving taxes and redistribution of wealth via "Healthcare" by means of the IRS - but that isn't really reasonable) so I simpely wouldn't do business with somebody that wants to have copies of my records sitting in thier desk drawer. No foul on either side. We have the freedom to choose what and from whom we buy (except when it comes to healthcare, I mean redistribution of wealth per Max Baccus). No need to do anything more than simpley and cordially decline the sale. That being said, I've always bought new, so I go through the paperwork there - I would not trust a private person with the same.

-Please note, comments on the guv'ment stealing my money is due to doing my taxes and it saying that I owe despite having the max witheld - little peeved at the IRS right now.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    You seem to be of the tin-foil-hat crowd. I would encourage you NOT to try to take down other peoples license plate numbers or write down any personal info. I would not show you my Drivers license under ANY circumstances, you have no need for the information contained therein.

If you are not a LEO (and I am betting you are not) you would get no such cooperation from me. That said, after your paranoid display, I'll not only never follow any of your sales, but will disregard future postings.

People around here need to wake up to their double standards, they don't want their rights or privacy infringed but they think they can invade others privacy in the name of due diligence....

The whole purpose of my requiring the aforementioned information, as well as a signed receipt stating that the purchaser is a proper person, is to protect me from a dishonest person in the event that the law might come knocking at MY door.

If you can't comply with my terms to purchase a firearm from me, then by all means, don't do business with me. It is MY right to do so and you have little standing to demand differently. If you feel as if I'm being too harsh in this respect, I would question your statement of the identity of the individual wearing the tin foil hat, and ask that you take a long look in the mirror.

Certainly feel free to disregard all of my future postings. As a matter of a fact, I would encourage you to utilize your ignore feature, and place my name within it.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It is really easy, some of us think that the constitution and our rights that are guaranteed by it have been trampled enough.

Then we have some people like Jbusch who do not feel this way and would be the first to stand behind more legislation to protect himself.

Is there a 5 point harness in your car by chance?

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    It is really easy, some of us think that the constitution and our rights that are guaranteed by it have been trampled enough.

Then we have some people like Jbusch who do not feel this way and would be the first to stand behind more legislation to protect himself.

Is there a 5 point harness in your car by chance?

Try being informed, as opposed to continuing in unwarranted commentary.

Many on this site require a FFL transfer, or an IN LTC, before the selling of a firearm in a private transaction. This too, is to merely protect oneself. I don't have a few thousand dollars lying around to protect myself from a criminal action; instead, I provide for a family by putting a roof over our heads, food on the table, etc etc etc. According to your statement, all those individuals who require some ascertation that they're not doing business with an improper person, would be lumped into some sort of group advocating more government regulation.

If you really want to call me out by insulting me by flawed logic, then by all means, don't hide behind a computer screen to do so. Let's meet at the local Starbucks and you can do so ftf over a cup of coffee. Though, don't be surprised if you get back what you give out.

Of course, given your history, I'm betting it wouldn't happen.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Never mind,if you don't see the fail then it's not going to matter what I say.

Have a good day

Last edited:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    My history of what calling people out? I said nothing different than what you said.

If that makes you get defensive than it seems to me that you are the one wih the problem.

I follow the law as it is written. That is my obligation.

This is a public forum and I have no problem discussing it here infront of our friends and neighbors.

More than 100 members on here know me personaly so its kind of hard for me to hide anywhere.

If I didn't want to receive an infraction for [STRIKE]telling it like it is[/STRIKE] insulting a member, I would state quite frankly and quite publicly of your social skills in regard to casting dispersions upon others.

If you don't get it, then nobody can explain it to you. Any further attempt to do so is futile. And yeah, I've spoken with a few that have met you personally too. Thank you for making my point for me.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If I didn't want to receive an infraction for [STRIKE]telling it like it is[/STRIKE] insulting a member, I would state quite frankly and quite publicly of your social skills in regard to casting dispersions upon others.

If you don't get it, then nobody can explain it to you. Any further attempt to do so is futile. And yeah, I've spoken with a few that have met you personally too. Thank you for making my point for me.

What an exciting life you must live to talk about me. :)

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

Whoa there pardner!

I have meet IndyMonkey in person FTF on a couple of different occasions, HELL I even called him out as a "BRAZEN open carrying INGO'er" before I even knew who he was!
    Our meeting was more than pleasant, and furthermore, I'd have his back as a fellow gun owner and I know for a fact, he would have mine too!

And like I said I have only meet him twice!

So before you go making blind accusations, you might back away from that there keyboard for a moment or two!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't know... I tend to like folks who speak the truth as they see it, chips fall where they may. As long as it is done in a straightforward, non-preachy, non-xenophobic, articulate way - I'm good. A few examples off the top of my head? ATM, Printcraft, Bigum, BazookaJoe, Jack Ryan... and Indymonkey. I've never met him and I think he is "good people."

I guess I like cantankerous people as long as they're not self-absorbed, bottom-feeding idiots with an IQ in the double digits. (And I don't include you, JBusch, in that previous description of bottom feeders.)

A history of casting dispersions on others from IndyMonkey? The ones I've seen have been right on.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I've got to go with the intelligent posters in this thread who refuse to show their home address to some random person off the internet.

I've never required a DL or a LTCH to sell/buy and I never will... unless I see them stepping out of car with ILL plates or an ankle bracelet or something similar, in which case I would have ACTUAL REASON to believe they weren't an eligible person.

It's been hashed over legally several times, there is ZERO protection afforded to a private seller by getting a bill of sale or looking at a DL or a LTCH. NONE.

While I'd never knowing violate a firearms law by selling to someone from another state, it's B.S. to see so many gun owners on here crying for people to be imprisoned by a gross abuse of interstate commerce regulation.

Someone had a great point about being engaged in the private sale of his refrigerator across state lines.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If I didn't want to receive an infraction for [strike]telling it like it is[/strike] insulting a member, I would state quite frankly and quite publicly of your social skills in regard to casting dispersions upon others.

I'll vouch for I.M. as a MORE than reasonable and charitable person who'll go out of his way a lot more than I would to make a situation he sees as wrong, RIGHT. I've met him in person and "known" him on many many messege boards for probably at least a decade now.

There's not many in the virtual world I'd say that about.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you can't comply with my terms to purchase a firearm from me, then by all means, don't do business with me.

This is the bottom line. The seller is free to set whatever terms he wants, and it is up to the potential buyer to consent to those terms, or refuse and move on down the line.

All this bickering back and forth has little relevance to the original issue, and is frankly getting pretty ****ing old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom