FACTS about Trayvon Martin that the media has purposely hidden from us.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Although that was a very interesting video. Character assassination is exactly what ticked me off about the lamestream media. This video kind of follows the same line. Character has nothing to do with this, Race has nothing to do with this. This is a case about the right to self defense. It is not even about the stand your ground law, which was not brought up during the trial to my knowledge. Talked about a lot by the media but I don't think was part of the actual trial. If I am wrong on that please point it out. It is not about character, but facts, what did happen not what someone wishes, could have happened. We may never know the whole truth, we are only getting one side of the story. But Zimmerman's story lines up exactly with the facts. Zimmerman is not guilty, period.
    I disagree.

Both sides will present facts (actually, evidentiary information). Part of a jury's job is to determine which of the facts are "more correct" than others. The players' characters go a long way toward evaluating the evidence. Example: the prosecution (at least in the media) wanted us to believe that Zimmerman's acts were willful and malicious. Except nothing in Zimmerman's character indicates he would behave like that. On the other hand, Martin's character shows a clear history of a thirst for aggression and violence. Yet we're asked to believe that the "angel" had murder in his heart while the thug was scared for his life and just trying to get home?

Character matters.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    FACTS about Trayvon Martin that the media has purposely hidden from us. He was not a young innocent kid as they continue to portray him. Watch Bill Whittle and learn.

AFTERBURNER w/ BILL WHITTLE: The Lynching - YouTube

Glad you shared the information that mainstream journalism outlets choose not to share because they are afraid of losing $ for their organization, and ultimately themselves, for offending or being too controversial towards a large demographic.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    For one thing, it distracts us from the serious issues we should be focusing on that this administration has created -- Benghazi, IRS scandal, the national debt, high unemployment, and on and on. Causing social unrest also fuels the left's agenda to take away more of our liberties and give government more power and control.

Excellent point. Benghazi must really be the one the administration fears, they've done everything they could to keep it out of the news...

Heard this earlier today and laughed... George Zimmerman ought to legally change his name to Ben Ghazi - no one would ever speak his name again...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    these -facts- have been on the less-mainstream outlets for ages. its been out there, just not as accessible as good morning america and the ilk. fox and her buddies, beck, hannity, etc radio personality, have been stating these things since day one. MSM has done a HELL of a job suppressing it all tho.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    these -facts- have been on the less-mainstream outlets for ages. its been out there, just not as accessible as good morning america and the ilk. fox and her buddies, beck, hannity, etc radio personality, have been stating these things since day one. MSM has done a HELL of a job suppressing it all tho.

I, for one, listen to many of those folks, but this is the first time I saw it all pulled together in such a powerful rendition.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    If there is a Civil case, this is going to come out. As it should. This could damage the momentum that the haters have going. Might be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If there is a Civil case, this is going to come out. As it should. This could damage the momentum that the haters have going. Might be interesting to watch.

I'm doubting there will be a civil case at this point; the law is heavily stacked in Z's favor at present and the plaintiffs run a very big chance of ending up owing him based upon Florida law if they even try filing.

I thought it was an excellent video and made an excellent point, but it did irk me that he wanted to use that "facts" word again but include things that are not really.

1. I was always taught that Dextromethorphan is not codeine based and nor does it metabolize into codeine. Codeine is an opiate that basically metabolizes into morphine. DXM is an entirely different non-narcotic compound with its own pharmacology. It is OTC, while codeine is a controlled substance. DXM probably wouldn't pop up in many tox screens, while codeine will definitely spike as an opiate. Many drug users equate DXM to codeine but they are not the same thing and mixing DXM into skittles and drink does not magically create codeine. It makes a DXM cocktail with its own pharmacology.

2. You can't say that the school found "burglary tools and stolen property" as a FACT, and then go and say that the school was also lying about what they were in the same breath. You are taking the school's word as FACT in the first and then calling it a liar. I'm not saying they were or were not stolen, but I am saying you shouldn't call things "facts" that you have learned from someone you also say is a liar.

3. Why did he need to add "criminal" in front of "fraud" and "negligence"? You shouldn't call something a crime unless you can cite a criminal law it breaks. While what the media did was absolutely WRONG, I am hard pressed to find the criminal statute its distorted coverage violates. Civil, yes. Criminal, I want the citation.

It just irks me when someone has a great argument and a good point, and they go ahead an diminish their own credibility by exaggerating it.

Best,

Joe

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm doubting there will be a civil case at this point; the law is heavily stacked in Z's favor at present and the plaintiffs run a very big chance of ending up owing him based upon Florida law if they even try filing.

I thought it was an excellent video and made an excellent point, but it did irk me that he wanted to use that "facts" word again but include things that are not really.

1. I was always taught that Dextromethorphan is not codeine based and nor does it metabolize into codeine. Codeine is an opiate that basically metabolizes into morphine. DXM is an entirely different non-narcotic compound with its own pharmacology. It is OTC, while codeine is a controlled substance. DXM probably wouldn't pop up in many tox screens, while codeine will definitely spike as an opiate. Many drug users equate DXM to codeine but they are not the same thing and mixing DXM into skittles and drink does not magically create codeine. It makes a DXM cocktail with its own pharmacology.

2. You can't say that the school found "burglary tools and stolen property" as a FACT, and then go and say that the school was also lying about what they were in the same breath. You are taking the school's word as FACT in the first and then calling it a liar. I'm not saying they were or were not stolen, but I am saying you shouldn't call things "facts" that you have learned from someone you also say is a liar.

3. Why did he need to add "criminal" in front of "fraud" and "negligence"? You shouldn't call something a crime unless you can cite a criminal law it breaks. While what the media did was absolutely WRONG, I am hard pressed to find the criminal statute its distorted coverage violates. Civil, yes. Criminal, I want the citation.

It just irks me when someone has a great argument and a good point, and they go ahead an diminish their own credibility by exaggerating it.

Best,

Joe

That is only because you are looking at it thru a lawyers pair of glasses, us laymen get the point precisely. I think one of our founders had the same attitude about you guys and the common man being able to defend himself against charges levied against him :):

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    No, my point is not legalistic and has nothing to do with the law. My point is about integrity. This guy made this video about the treatment of a person in a criminal case. He made some very good points about how the media exaggerated/distorted/was inaccurate on things.

If you are going to take someone to task for exaggerating or distorting or being inaccurate; you damn well should make sure that you don't do those things in the same breath.

If you are going to take someone to task for painting someone unjustly as a criminal, then don't call those same criminals without some sort of law to back yourself up.

Don't equate a OTC cough suppressant to a scheduled narcotic opiate.

Don't cherrry pick your "facts" and "lies" when they are coming from the same source.

I got his point and I agree with it. It just irked me that he weakened his own point by doing similar things to what he accused the MSM of.

Best,

Joe

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    No, my point is not that of a lawyer. This guy made this video about the treatment of a person in a criminal case. He made some very good points about how the media exaggerated/distorted/was inaccurate on things.

If you are going to take someone to task for exaggerating or distorting or being inaccurate; you damn well should make sure that you don't do those things in the same breath.

I got his point and I agree with it. It just irked me that he weakened his own point by doing similar things to what he accused the MSM of.

Best,

Joe

I see your point, but us laymen understood it

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Don't ever mention the word "facts" It's a fast and loose term around here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I really like Bill Whittle. He's smart and articulate. But he does fail to fact-check some of his sources from time to time which just gives his opponents fodder.

Still, regardless of the inaccurate details, the main point remains.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    DXM may not be the american version of a "narcotic"...but comparatively "narcotics" probably induce less dangerous behavior than "robo-trippin"...DXM is a dangerous drug...though i agree with some of the things pointed out, like the fact that dxm is like a "poor mans lean" because to get their hands on the actual codeine you need a prescription

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    DXM may not be the american version of a "narcotic"...but comparatively "narcotics" probably induce less dangerous behavior than "robo-trippin"...DXM is a dangerous drug...though i agree with some of the things pointed out, like the fact that dxm is like a "poor mans lean" because to get their hands on the actual codeine you need a prescription

Prescription? Any prescription drug is easy to get your hands on.

Top Bottom