• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm also reading a thread similar to this on another more left leaning site, and the responses are essentially;
    - free market, people can run their businesses how they want (yet Christian bakers are bigots)
    - they are not a news organization so they cannot be expected to report news accurately
    - bias exists in everything to deal with it

What does looking up old girlfriends on facebook have to do with the White House?
    I was asking if this alleged censorship started before or after the trips to the White House

Sorta like "I'm not racist, but..."

PZDjgW5.jpg
    "I don't believe in censorship, but those people who think differently than me should be censored because they should not be allowed to influence others. Only people who think like me should be allowed to influence others"

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You can do this in Facebook too. All sorts of news and opinion sites make their information available on FB. You don't have to wait for Aunt Edna to send along that the spam somebody emailed her.

I'll admit I've not been on facebook since people started using it for news. Back in the day all you saw was what your 'friends' posted.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Crowder is now suing FB for this. He paid $150,000 for advertising/promoting his conservative messages and he thinks they may have been suppressed, preventing or at least minimizing the exposure he was paying for. So he filed a motion to get info from them to see if they were taking his money with one hand while suppressing his paid posts with the other.

Could get interesting.
    Steven Crowder Officially Files Legal Motion Against Facebook Requesting Information » Louder With Crowder

And I agree, its a private platform and they should be able to do what they want. (generally)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Crowder is now suing FB for this. He paid $150,000 for advertising/promoting his conservative messages and he thinks they may have been suppressed, preventing or at least minimizing the exposure he was paying for. So he filed a motion to get info from them to see if they were taking his money with one hand while suppressing his paid posts with the other.

Could get interesting.
    Steven Crowder Officially Files Legal Motion Against Facebook Requesting Information » Louder With Crowder

And I agree, its a private platform and they should be able to do what they want. (generally)

Despicable that Crowder would knowingly give money to a leftist organization like facebook...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Despicable that Crowder would knowingly give money to a leftist organization like facebook...

Purple? He was buying ad space. Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/etc are all left-leaning organizations, but they're the outlets that people use. If you can pay to get your message on there, why not? While Twitter is run by SJWs... it's also full of Conservatives.

I don't like giving them money... and I really don't like when people buy me "Reddit Gold" for my posts on Reddit... but "despicable" feels like a strong word!

He's got a way of reaching across the aisle. He's a young guy, probably leans libertarian-ish like some young people these days, and loves tearing down SJWs.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Well to his credit, if he only worked with right wing organizations he would be preaching to the choir and wouldnt be very effective... kinda like only advertising your ice business to eskimo newspapers. :dunno:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Purple? He was buying ad space. Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/etc are all left-leaning organizations, but they're the outlets that people use. If you can pay to get your message on there, why not? While Twitter is run by SJWs... it's also full of Conservatives.

I don't like giving them money... and I really don't like when people buy me "Reddit Gold" for my posts on Reddit... but "despicable" feels like a strong word!

He's got a way of reaching across the aisle. He's a young guy, probably leans libertarian-ish like some young people these days, and loves tearing down SJWs.

Purple, I should have laid it on thicker, I like to use the trailing ... for my sarcasm

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Crowder said on Dana's show today that it's not a lawsuit but just a request for transparency.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ummm, what? Facebook has been publicly traded since 2012.

Publicly traded companies cannot lie as Facebook did.

It's an interesting thought, companies can't cook the books or anything but when it comes to filtering content is there the same 'you can't lie' line? Fox news, part of 21st century fox has a blatant lie right in it's tag line, 'fair and balanced'.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think there is definitely an issue the minute they started tweaking the "trending" results. Tweak all you want, just dont claim it is something it isnt. But suppressing actual posts and how they are advanced/suppressed? Meh. While douchey, its a little more acceptable than to massage data you claim is organic and unfiltered. Lying to me is one thing; staring me in the eye and telling me outright its the truth is something totally different.

Reminds me of the old saying... If you arent the (paying) customer, you are the product. Nothing is free.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's an interesting thought, companies can't cook the books or anything but when it comes to filtering content is there the same 'you can't lie' line? Fox news, part of 21st century fox has a blatant lie right in it's tag line, 'fair and balanced'.

There is a distinction between fraud and puffery.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yep, case closed.

Nothing to see here. Move along. :popcorn:

We have thoroughly investigated ourselves and have found that we are perfect. Zuck is likely an honors graduate from the Eric Holder School o' Internal Investigation.

First rule in a cover up: Deny...deny...deny... Hope for a terrorist bombing or a Kardashian scandal or something shiny to come along and divert the public's attention.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    First rule in a cover up: Deny...deny...deny... Hope for a terrorist bombing or a Kardashian scandal or something shiny to come along and divert the public's attention.

Why wait/hope for it? When you're MiniTrue, you can just make up/inject your own "breaking"/"trending" news.

Top Bottom