• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So what you're saying is that you want to be free to say what you want about transgendered individuals, but that you don't want others to say what they want about what you said? Seems selective.

no... I'm saying people are NOT saying how they feel because they don't want to be attacked/destroyed

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I ran into my HS girlfriend this weekend. I was with my family and it got REALLY awkward when she asked what time I was picking her up for prom.

Sorry, friend, I'm still tracking down old high school girlfriends to see how their 40s are treating them.

You guys had girlfriends in HS? ... I did too, yeah... but, she went to a different school, you won't know her.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You guys had girlfriends in HS? ... I did too, yeah... but, she went to a different school, you won't know her.

Yeah, I knew her. She was REALLY hot but her parents didn't let her travel out of the city, right? Her boyfriends always had to go to her town, and she hated having pictures taken of her.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    no... I'm saying people are NOT saying how they feel because they don't want to be attacked/destroyed

So long as they don't violate any laws, aren't the people "attacking" you just exercising their freedom of speech? I'm totally against death threats, swatting, doxing, etc., but just posting "this is so-and-so's business, here are some of the things he's said, vote with your wallet" - that's capitalism at work. You don't get to opt out of the parts of freedom that are inconvenient for you.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So long as they don't violate any laws, aren't the people "attacking" you just exercising their freedom of speech? I'm totally against death threats, swatting, doxing, etc., but just posting "this is so-and-so's business, here are some of the things he's said, vote with your wallet" - that's capitalism at work. You don't get to opt out of the parts of freedom that are inconvenient for you.

this is why I hate INGO at times. Responding to defenses of statements I didn't make.

I'm just saying what happens, I'm not saying they don't have the right to do it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The whole problem is that people get their news from Facebook. Track down your own sources and use more than one. I used to laugh about people getting pissed over articles from the Onion and Duffleblog when I still got on Facebook. The influx of even more satire sites has made it even harder for lazy people to know the truth.

That's what s a good about twitter, you choose exactly what news sources you want to see and you aren't sifting through posts from less than informed "friends"

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    You all are not looking at this in the right way. When you see a clearly leftist propaganda piece that is your call to go forth among the savages and do the lords work. Do not give them vitriol. Rather, give the unwashed facts and logic, that they may see the light and save themselves.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's what's good about twitter, you choose exactly what news sources you want to see and you aren't sifting through posts from less than informed "friends"

Not necessarily. Even people you follow are filtered from your timeline in Twitter now.

Return of the Twitter Gulag? Some conservatives suspect themselves booted by new ?quality filter?; Updated ? twitchy.com
    Twitter accused of censoring conservatives

I've seen missing tweets from some of the more outspoken and controversial people I follow.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's what s a good about twitter, you choose exactly what news sources you want to see and you aren't sifting through posts from less than informed "friends"

You can do this in Facebook too. All sorts of news and opinion sites make their information available on FB. You don't have to wait for Aunt Edna to send along that the spam somebody emailed her.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So did this start before or after the White House visits?

What does looking up old girlfriends on facebook have to do with the White House?

So what you're saying is that you want to be free to say what you want about transgendered individuals, but that you don't want others to say what they want about what you said? Seems selective.

That's not what I read. Let's put it this way. An org like BLM could easily start on facebook. An org that opposes BLM could not, at least not if they get caught. Whether you think that's good or bad may depend on your support for one side and vitriol for the other. It's certainly within facebook's right to do that. But it's also fair to call them out on their bias.

It's a fair bit more than just that going on, and I suspect you know that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorta like "I'm not racist, but..."

PZDjgW5.jpg

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    But it's more than that. People are afraid to disagree with an agenda for fear of being called racist/sexist/homophobic. You have a normal person post something and it goes viral and their lives are destroyed for simply having a traditional value. Others see that and shut up. Then all you hear is the super minority position echoed infinitely and the masses assume the majority agrees with it because it's all they hear. Then they don't want to be a fringe so they go along with it.

Of course it's good for the minority position, bad for the standard bearers.

If you don't have the stones to stand up for what you believe or speak your mind, the door is that way... ---> If what people say affect your beliefs because they might hurt your feelings, the internet is NOT for you... Grow a pair or don't use it... Haven't you realized yet that the internet is a place for people to flex their virtual muscles and belittle anyone that doesn't think the way they do? ​You must not post on INGO often.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News

I have always suspected, now we know it's true.

Facebook and twitter are to blame for the rapidly shifting social morality issues we have today. Never before could a tiny minority shout so loudly and intimidate so many into silence.

The handful of times I've attempted to share news articles to facebook, it would give me an error stating my message was detected as spam and could not be posted.

Interestingly enough, all of them were conservative articles. I've known of this for the past 3-4 years and have had personal experience with it. Largely why I refuse to use facebook anymore.

Top Bottom