• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I am a member of a few local FB gun pages that changed names or went into hiding. I've never purchased guns off of FB but I still like to look and have that option.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous. How many shootings have actually taken place with guns purchased on FB?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am a member of a few local FB gun pages that changed names or went into hiding. I've never purchased guns off of FB but I still like to look and have that option.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous. How many shootings have actually taken place with guns purchased on FB?

Doesn't matter. Guns (and gun owners) are being vilified. Equated to the KKK. Facts are irrelevant to anti-gunners.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Facebook has "given" us back our group Indiana Gun Post. We renamed it to Indiana Sportsmans Post and have removed some flags and other BST indicators. We also had to remove a ton of BST posts. We changed the rules so that direct BST isn't supposed to happen. Direct BST has moved to Indiana Gun Post - Index page So far so good, but we all know at any time they can shut them down again.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Facebook has "given" us back our group Indiana Gun Post. We renamed it to Indiana Sportsmans Post and have removed some flags and other BST indicators. We also had to remove a ton of BST posts. We changed the rules so that direct BST isn't supposed to happen. Direct BST has moved to Indiana Gun Post - Index page So far so good, but we all know at any time they can shut them down again.

Good lick with that. Will most likely be slammed again in a few months, as the election gets closer. The roar of "Feels" will drown out any common sense and good business practice. Then you guys will be dumped out in the cold dark cyber wilderness by the book of faces.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Good lick with that. Will most likely be slammed again in a few months, as the election gets closer. The roar of "Feels" will drown out any common sense and good business practice. Then you guys will be dumped out in the cold dark cyber wilderness by the book of faces.

We're expecting that to happen. We're going to start ramping up promotion of the.com. That way when they do kill it we should already have a solid user base.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you buy all of your guns new???

Why should FB shut down a venue for honest people to buy and sell firearms???

I love to try new rifles and handguns and FB has been good to me.

Uh, because Facebook isn't owned by you, and they are entitled to run it as they see fit.

PLM2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ashley, DeKalb County
    The only good thing that I could possibly see out of not being able to sell/buy firearms on Facebook is that maybe it will make the gun shows a little better. If this is the only way people can sell guns then I think we should see a lot more good deals at the shows. Believe me I am pissed about facebook trying to take this away from us. I have bought, sold, and traded many guns thanks to Facebook. But, it is what it is and I guess we will just have to deal with it. I am sure there are other avenues to buy/sell/trade firearms.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    They took down a local fireworks store ads 2 days ago with the explanation it was firearms related. happy 4th of july liberals!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I deactivated Facebook a long time ago and never looked back. **** Facebook.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I do not go looking for anything other than friends on the book of faces. No groups/sales/purchases etc.

But..but...but... If you share all of your information with Scamthemall Industries, you can win a pair of Oakleys, an iPhone, an RV, a vacation home in Mexico, or an XboxOne .

Top Bottom