• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I admin a local group, but we only have around 500 members. I'm sure the hammer will get dropped on it eventually as well, but may change the name just to see if it will help.

Bluebuck56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2016
    Salem
    I just quit Facebook over this issue, it's perplexing that they care so much for gun control, but not gun rights. Glad to see there's someone on the internet that holds up the banner of being a true American.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I'm about to give up on the gun groups. It was fun and convenient, but now that everyone is trying to be sneaky, use codes, etc. it's lost it's novelty. Facebook made a new rule and it will catch up eventually. While I don't like or even agree with their decision, I can see where they are coming from. Unlike what some people are claiming, my second amendment rights are still intact (or as much as they were last month) even though Facebook doesn't want to be a part of or help facilitate private gun sales.

All Facebook did was essentially say "not in my house"

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Likewise, I was never on it either. My parents were strongly against it and all other social media, raising mine the same way.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't have a moral issue with Facebook deciding to prohibit gun sales, because, yanno, freedom and all that. I'm not going to boycott the site for expressing and implementing their beliefs. Their house, indeed. I don't use the site for that primary purpose anyway. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family that I would not normally have regular contact with. That's much more important to me than guns.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have a moral issue with Facebook deciding to prohibit gun sales, because, yanno, freedom and all that. I'm not going to boycott the site for expressing and implementing their beliefs. Their house, indeed. I don't use the site for that primary purpose anyway. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family that I would not normally have regular contact with. That's much more important to me than guns.
    That's the sort of talk to get you exiled from INGO.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All Facebook did was essentially say "not in my house"

So....where's the "vote with dollars" and "I won't set foot in BW3's" and "I won't go to Illinois because they trample freedom" crowd?

It seems the endorphin rush from facebook "likes" is more powerful than previously thought.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So....where's the "vote with dollars" and "I won't set foot in BW3's" and "I won't go to Illinois because they trample freedom" crowd?

It seems the endorphin rush from facebook "likes" is more powerful than previously thought.

Facebook is not prohibiting the right to bear arms. I can carry while using Facebook.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Everyone is berating this guy on a gun group for posting that a felon tried to buy a gun off of him. Sad days. Also guy was sentenced 2 months ago to "Community Corrections, 2 years MCCC program". Two things here, we give criminals a slap on the wrist CONSTANTLY, and why isnt he in lockup?

12651001_1670255139911884_2646097474264804863_n.jpg

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Probably my biggest issue with the Facebook gun groups was that every time someone got their feathers ruffled, they started a different group. I think there were 8-10 Indiana groups at the time Facebook changed the rules. I followed 3-4 and it was lots of the same stuff posted over and over.

They were also flooded with a lot more cheap guns; Jennings, Raven, single shot shotguns, etc. For some odd reason, there were more xD and 1911 style pistols for sale than anything else. Many of the WTB posts were for guns $300 and under.

You see the same things in other hobbies as well. I'm an admin on a fish keeping FB page and every day, someone posts a link to the "new and super cool" FB group. I think it's all about the power of being an admin. Much like forum members wanting to be mods, except on FB, they can create their own group immediately without any real work or investment.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You see the same things in other hobbies as well. I'm an admin on a fish keeping FB page and every day, someone posts a link to the "new and super cool" FB group. I think it's all about the power of being an admin. Much like forum members wanting to be mods, except on FB, they can create their own group immediately without any real work or investment.
    This is making it even worse. The FB groups are fleeing to MeWe.com, GunDistrict.com and some GunTrader site. Every body and his brother is setting up their own sites. So with three sites, it is going to be even more diluted.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    12631359_1130914450253686_4055244360715809604_n.jpg

Saw this at Military Arms Channel

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Another thread in the Break Room that we just surpassed 40,000 members. Bet a few came over from the book of faces. Now the race to 50 is going to be even more crowded.

Top Bottom